PDA

View Full Version : Bermuda Sod Install Updated Photos

cgaengineer
10-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Its been about 1 month since install and its looking pretty good.

Here is a shot from a few weeks ago:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e223/cgaengineer/DSCN0230_sm.jpg

Here is a shot from the past weekend. All of the spots of brown have green in them but are taking some time greening all the way up due to cooler temps. The brown spot farthest away has alot more shade then the rest of the sod this time of year so its really taking a long time. Someone will say something negative about the gaps in the sod but it was hot, dry and by the time I got to the top of the hill I had enough. I will topdress next year and fill in the gaps. As you can see in the second picture I have edged around the trees and had waited until the sod had rooted to edge.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e223/cgaengineer/DSC_1766.jpg

Next spring I plan to install zoysia farther up the hill due to increased shade tolerance.

Truly Beautiful Lawn Care
10-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Looks real good! Nice job.
Jay

cgaengineer
10-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Looks real good! Nice job.
Jay

Wow, a compliment instead of being nailed to a post for improper install! Thanks for the positive comment!

jimmyburg
10-26-2007, 03:49 PM
looks good

Truly Beautiful Lawn Care
10-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Hey, you have to give credit where credit is due! Is Bermuda grass the grass of choice for your area? Here, its mostly St. Augustine.

cgaengineer
10-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Hey, you have to give credit where credit is due! Is Bermuda grass the grass of choice for your area? Here, its mostly St. Augustine.

Thanks! Yes bermuda is about the only grass that can survive with the little rain we have been getting. Granted there are others that do well, but bermuda (Tifway 419) is well suited for this area.

ElephantNest
10-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Looks nice. Get a roller and roll at least the top of the hill, that'll hide most of the gaps. I'd roll the whole job....

cgaengineer
10-29-2007, 12:43 PM
I may just do that ElephantNest. The reason for the gaps was when I rounded the corner I had a hard time as it was sloped. Between the turn, and the grade change I couldnt keep all of the pieces lined up so I had some gaps that I just left and filled in with top soil. I also had a general idea of where the sod would end, but chose to keep it close to the house instead of going up the slope until later during the install. The top soil makes the sod look higher then normal because it is black and looks like a shadow. There are a few low/high spots but will take care of them with a roller and some top soil.

ATL Lawn
11-13-2007, 02:18 AM
looks like homeowner missed a few spots to water.. but good job...

cgaengineer
11-14-2007, 09:29 AM
looks like homeowner missed a few spots to water.. but good job...

No spots missed, the brown areas had sat on pallet longer then they should have. The grass still had green in it and only the pieces of sod with not enough soil died. I have replaced these pieces and everthing is fine now.