PDA

View Full Version : Trencher

Subicbay
10-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Hey guys,

I am wondering what is the most popular trencher used. What is the most versitile for residential, size ect ?

hoskm01
10-25-2007, 09:16 PM
I like me a DW 1030 or the like, for smaller stuff, gets through 3' gates.

melior quam pluvia
10-25-2007, 10:15 PM
A Vermeer RT60 works great for real small jobs. RT100 is great too!

04superduty
10-28-2007, 05:30 PM
Case Maxi or Mini sneaker. trencher on one end plow on the other. at least around here they are the most popular.

Dirty Water
10-28-2007, 05:45 PM
We ran a Ditchwitch 3500 and a 410sx.

Mike Leary
10-28-2007, 06:16 PM
For existing landscapes..Trenchmaster w/ 8hp Honda..different bars available
12"for running the main deep w/ wire then switch to the 7" for laterals,
different bars available for soil conditions, easy clean up with narrow trench.www.brownmfgcorp.com
Factory support perfect...2nd one we've had. Not a rep...a fan.

londonrain
10-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Ditchwitch all the way...I have more trenchers than employees..a 2310 diesel, a j-20 ( 1970 model), a 1620 and a 1010.....

Mike Leary
10-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Ditchwitch all the way...I have more trenchers than employees..a 2310 diesel, a j-20 ( 1970 model), a 1620 and a 1010.....

With that gumbo you have down there, I'm not suprised.

londonrain
10-28-2007, 06:29 PM
With that gumbo you have down there, I'm not suprised.
I see contractors with dingo's but they are worn out in a couple of years.....

Mike Leary
10-28-2007, 06:32 PM
I see contractors with dingo's but they are worn out in a couple of years.....

I'll relay that to Hank, he's thinking about the dingo.
Trenchmaster has proved itself in our glacial till,
but blades breaking at the tips has been normal.

Mr. Vern
10-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Go and rent a couple of dedicated trenchers and then go and rent a Dingo (or competitive brand) mini skid with a trencher and after you have manhandled the dedicated a few times you will not need to ask anyone what you should buy!
As for guys wearing out a Dingo in a couple of years - that is hard to believe, but if it's true you can get a pretty good idea of how much you would use the Dingo vs. the dedicated trencher. We have a Dingo and on rare occasions when we have to rent a dedicated trencher the guys whine and complain about how much more difficult and slow the process is.

Be sure to get the tracked Dingo and leave the lateral crossing blues behind!

BrandonV
10-28-2007, 08:42 PM
we have 2 ditch witch sk650s running a bobcat brand trenching attachment. love them to death, maneuverable, don't bounce you and when you're done trenching you can put the backfilling attachment on and fill em in. i just ordered an new product out of new england recently, i'll have to wait and see how it works out

frumdig
10-28-2007, 10:01 PM
we have a vermeer rt 200... thing is a hoss... really easy to drive... does great even in the muddiest of conditions... when the ground got really hard this summer, we added some shark teeth to the chain (whatever vermeer calls them), anyway it was like like night and day after adding those... we even did some trenching in compacted crushed limestone...

we also added the boring attachment too, it folds down right next to the boom... so cut trench, move over a foot or two, and your ready to bore. so far ive been happy with it... does alot for a walk behind trencher, and can trench pretty fast too...
i dont have a lot to compare it to; other than some of the basic rental ditch which models,

oh ya, Hi, my names Evan... i guess this is my first post. :)

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-28-2007, 11:21 PM
we have 2 ditch witch sk650s running a bobcat brand trenching attachment. love them to death, maneuverable, don't bounce you and when you're done trenching you can put the backfilling attachment on and fill em in. i just ordered an new product out of new england recently, i'll have to wait and see how it works out

New England is on a roll right now. Might be a good purchase if it doesn't show up all cocky like.

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-28-2007, 11:22 PM
we have a vermeer rt 200... thing is a hoss... really easy to drive... does great even in the muddiest of conditions... when the ground got really hard this summer, we added some shark teeth to the chain (whatever vermeer calls them), anyway it was like like night and day after adding those... we even did some trenching in compacted crushed limestone...

we also added the boring attachment too, it folds down right next to the boom... so cut trench, move over a foot or two, and your ready to bore. so far ive been happy with it... does alot for a walk behind trencher, and can trench pretty fast too...
i dont have a lot to compare it to; other than some of the basic rental ditch which models,

Welcome to the site.

hoskm01
10-29-2007, 12:48 AM

Welcome aboard. Hope you have a sense of humor. Posting is encouraged after libation consumption!

Subicbay
10-29-2007, 04:31 PM

Thanks to all for the reply on all the different Trenchers. I will look at all the different types. Welcome Evan, I am new also. Take care, Terry

Wet_Boots
10-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Welcome aboard! I'm not new, but I'm occasionally nude. If you get an urge to answer five-year-old threads, just look at the pretty ladies (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=170468) instead.

jimmyburg
10-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Welcome aboard! I'm not new, but I'm occasionally nude. If you get an urge to answer five-year-old threads, just look at the pretty ladies (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=170468) instead.

ok ok ok ok ok i get it

Mike Leary
10-29-2007, 04:52 PM

Welcome to the site Evan. Watch out for these guys on the irri forum,
they're all liars, especially the ones with high post numbers!:rolleyes:

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-29-2007, 05:08 PM
Welcome to the site Evan. Watch out for these guys on the irri forum,
they're all liars, especially the ones with high post numbers!:rolleyes:

they are also severe burnouts.

Mike Leary
10-29-2007, 05:37 PM
they are also severe burnouts.

::modifies forum so everyone sees blow out pictures except ROTAR::