PDA

View Full Version : New VTS customer

ksss
10-25-2007, 09:19 PM
I told myself that if the price was right I would buy them. Well the price was right and I bought them http://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/item/160548?h=405%2C1869

I don't know if that paste will work but they are new in the shrink wrap for 5250.00 plus trucking to Idaho.

turboawd
10-25-2007, 09:25 PM
wow, they were selling 11 sets.
it makes you wonder though, were company sales slow??... reason for sending the tracks to auction?

good luck with them.

ksss
10-25-2007, 09:31 PM
It did make me wonder. I don't know why they put them to auction. There are a few running around here and they like them, Rock Set likes his so for the money it was worth a try. Someone had to lose their tail on them. They were seling here for 13K new so thats like .40 cents on the dollar, I don't know what the mark up is on them. I plan on putting them on my 440. According to my CASE salesman all Yellow iron sets fit all yellow iron. The Bobcats units only fit Bobcat. This set was speced for the 236-246 but will fit the 440 ( I am told, hopefully no surprises).

Construct'O
10-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Way to go there!!!!!!!! Good job.:dancing:

At that price you couldn't go wrong to bad ! i wouldn't think.

So how long will it take them to get them shipped, put on and rolling.What was it a fire sale or what???? Just in time before the bad weather hits unless it has hit there already.

How about a few pictures with them in action on one of your projects?

Good luck.:usflag:

ksss
10-25-2007, 09:48 PM
I just found out that I got them tonight. I will have to arrange trucking in the morning. I should have them in a week or so. I will be sure to get some photos.

dozerman21
10-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Nice find. I can't believe you got them for that cheap.:drinkup: If you don't like them, just sell them and make a couple grand.

Keep up posted on the durability too. I'd like to see how they hold up over time, as well as machine wear.

RockSet N' Grade
10-25-2007, 11:03 PM
I have 200 plus hrs. on mine and I won't go back to tires. Had a salesman here last night and we are going to put a Gehl ctl back to back with mine in the fields down below and do a little pulling to see what they can do. The front idler is in front of the front hub on the vts, so it feels like I have more stability, more lift. The rear idler is placed back further than the rear hub, so I believe I have more ground contact than a standard machine. So far, so good.....KSSS, I think you will like them alot.......Only took a long full hour to put them on........no big deal.

Scag48
10-26-2007, 01:35 AM
Sounds pretty sweet, are you going to throw them on the 465?

Construct'O
10-26-2007, 09:22 AM
I have 200 plus hrs. on mine and I won't go back to tires. Had a salesman here last night and we are going to put a Gehl ctl back to back with mine in the fields down below and do a little pulling to see what they can do. The front idler is in front of the front hub on the vts, so it feels like I have more stability, more lift. The rear idler is placed back further than the rear hub, so I believe I have more ground contact than a standard machine. So far, so good.....KSSS, I think you will like them alot.......Only took a long full hour to put them on........no big deal.

Be sure to get picture okay:) !!!! The other thing don't be tearing up your machine you still have work to do.

We don't care about the saleman machine,tear it a new A$$ :weightlifter: have fun.:usflag:

RockSet N' Grade
10-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Constructo: I'll get a pic or two. When I do, someones gotta teach me the process for posting them on lawnsite......I feel a bit behind the times........and NO! KSSS instructions for posting pics was NOT on hooked-on-phonics! :)

Fieldman12
10-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Cool, you will have to post some pics of it in action. Maybe even a video for youtube. :)

turboawd
10-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Had a salesman here last night and we are going to put a Gehl ctl back to back with mine in the fields down below and do a little pulling to see what they can do. .
what size gehl?
the gehl/takeutchi are real strong machines. watch out.:weightlifter:

qps
10-26-2007, 09:38 PM
I drove my buddies case with them installed...you should like them...but they seemed to make that machine very wide...which could be a good or bad thing....

RockSet N' Grade
10-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Turbo: I have a Gehl5640 turbo type unit. Specs about the same as a CTL70, give or take 1 hp and some poundage. The 5640 has a Deutz motor and the ctl 70 has an Isuzu. I guess they are pretty close........

Construct'O
10-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Turbo: I have a Gehl5640 turbo type unit. Specs about the same as a CTL70, give or take 1 hp and some poundage. The 5640 has a Deutz motor and the ctl 70 has an Isuzu. I guess they are pretty close........

So which machine will out weight the other????? Doesn't the VTS system weight quite a bit.Just wondering the weight difference between the two machines.:usflag:

RockSet N' Grade
10-27-2007, 06:39 AM
The ctl70 published weight is 9590 lbs. The 5640E Turbo published w/out VTS tracks is 7380 lbs. I believe the VTS tracks add a total of 3,000 lbs. more to the weight, plus or minus.

AWJ Services
10-27-2007, 12:47 PM
The Tk/Gehl machines do not excell at tractive force without the use of the bucket.
The hooks on these machines are not tow hooks.
The are not made for pulling competitions.
Me personally I think a chain needs too be run too the bucket lip since that is the end of the machine that pushes.
I do not grade much with my tow hooks.LOL

Let us know the results.
I will speculate the VTS system will win if the engine can pull them.

turboawd
10-27-2007, 07:46 PM
The Tk/Gehl machines do not excell at tractive force without the use of the bucket.
The hooks on these machines are not tow hooks.
The are not made for pulling competitions.
Me personally I think a chain needs too be run too the bucket lip since that is the end of the machine that pushes.
I do not grade much with my tow hooks.LOL

Let us know the results.
I will speculate the VTS system will win if the engine can pull them.

good idea, run the chain under the machines and hook tothe bucket lips.

cddva
10-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Or put the machines bucket-to-bucket (might sandwich a railroad tie in between the buckets) and push away. Or just enjoy some cold ones and speculate on the outcome and let the reality remain a mystery.....:drinkup:

RockSet N' Grade
10-30-2007, 07:59 AM
I think cddva is pretty close to the truth. I have no time to play tug of war with my machine right now. It really doesn't interest me who has the biggest, baddest. We are working trying to get it all done before rain and snow. Season here is coming to a close. If I have any free time it will be trying to collect money from those who think I run a bank, interest free at that.

Scag48
10-30-2007, 02:44 PM
If I have any free time it will be trying to collect money from those who think I run a bank, interest free at that.

Can I get an interest free 30 year mortgage from you, too? :laugh:

RockSet N' Grade
10-31-2007, 06:57 PM
Back to VTS for a moment or so...........KSSS you get yer tracks yet? What was shipping cost from........wherever? I bought a coupler on the same auction for $300 and shipping cost more than the coupler from NY to Utah......

qps
10-31-2007, 09:01 PM
I think cddva is pretty close to the truth. I have no time to play tug of war with my machine right now. It really doesn't interest me who has the biggest, baddest. We are working trying to get it all done before rain and snow. Season here is coming to a close. If I have any free time it will be trying to collect money from those who think I run a bank, interest free at that.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who run's a bank....funny how my creditors expect to be paid....on time at that....:laugh:

ksss
10-31-2007, 09:54 PM
It cost me 500 from Ill. I actually don't know if they got picked up or not.

bobcat_ron
11-10-2007, 10:09 AM
Any updates?

ksss
11-10-2007, 07:20 PM
I picked up the tracks from the CASE dealer where I had them dropped. The shipping was more than bid $650. They are sitting next to the shop. I don't have time to put them at the moment. I would like to get them and see how they work. I am already planning on leaving them on my 440 and buying another 440. We'll see how it goes. They are heavy. It was all I could do to get them off my trailer with my 440. They were banded together it was close.