PDA

View Full Version : Help...Hedge trimming price

bmarotta
10-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Hello,

I have only been in the business for 6 months and have 43 residential accounts and one (new commercial account).

The commercial account wants me to bid on hedge trimming for their property. They have viburnums (odor.). The trimming has been kept up by their employees. However they want me to start doing them. They are about 5' high and there is 750 linear feet. The hedges are all connected around a perimeter fense with only 10 breaks. I have no idea what to charge for this. I know most like to charge an hourly rate. However, I am not sure how many hours it would take. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also...any advise on the best mower type to use on steeper hills.

Thanks,

Brian Marotta

bmarotta
10-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Anyone out there? Please help me with this. I don't want to undersell my services. Please...any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I have to give them a quote within a couple days.

Stillwater
10-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Hello,

I have only been in the business for 6 months and have 43 residential accounts and one (new commercial account).

The commercial account wants me to bid on hedge trimming for their property. They have viburnums (odor.). The trimming has been kept up by their employees. However they want me to start doing them. They are about 5' high and there is 750 linear feet. The hedges are all connected around a perimeter fense with only 10 breaks. I have no idea what to charge for this. I know most like to charge an hourly rate. However, I am not sure how many hours it would take. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also...any advise on the best mower type to use on steeper hills.

Thanks,

Brian Marotta

unfortunately without seeing it I can't give a idea of how long it will take. are you hauling clippings away? factor that in you are going to have to do your best and think about the job in detail mentaly doing every step of the job in your head and X's that by your hourly rate + the hourly rate for the trimmers aswell

bmarotta
10-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Eshskis,

Thank you for your reply. The hedges are currently maintained and are in good shape. They just want me to trim them every other week to keep them looking clean. They are about 4-5' high. I'm thinking it would take only a couple of hours to clean them up on a bi-weekly. I'm not sure. We do trimmings. However, small residential jobs that only take a few minutes to maintain. It seems most people charge about $60.00 per hour. Is that fair?

Thank you for your response.

Brian

Stillwater
10-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Eshskis,

Thank you for your reply. The hedges are currently maintained and are in good shape. They just want me to trim them every other week to keep them looking clean. They are about 4-5' high. I'm thinking it would take only a couple of hours to clean them up on a bi-weekly. I'm not sure. We do trimmings. However, small residential jobs that only take a few minutes to maintain. It seems most people charge about $60.00 per hour. Is that fair?

Thank you for your response.

Brian

you know the rates better than I do for your area

bmarotta
10-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Does two hours seem realistic for 750 ft of just maintaining a 4' hedge? Everything is already maintained. I just have to clean it up every other week?

Thank you.

Stillwater
10-29-2007, 11:09 AM
yes it does if it is superlight trimming

bmarotta
10-29-2007, 11:15 AM
That it is. Thank you for all your help. Maybe I will quote 3 hours just to be safe. Thanks again.