PDA

View Full Version : Bucket Teeth

AWJ Services
10-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Whats the low down on bucket teeth and were too buy them.
Is any one manufacturer better than another?

RockSet N' Grade
10-26-2007, 06:35 PM
I will assume you are talking excavator teeth. There are two types: forged and cast teeth. If you are going to weld a flat blade (butter bar, Mormon razor, knife, etc.) get the forged teeth. They seem to hold the weld better. I have shopped on the net, priced different guys, and they seem to be pretty competetive..........so, I just buy my teeth from one of the equipment dealers who carries a boat load of different teeth. I am not sure if there is "one manufacturer" who is better than the other........I believe there are only two/three major players who make them and everyone puts their stamp on them. I always carry a full set of teeth and pins in my tool box and have a bunch in a bucket in my shop of all different sorts from tigers, twin tigers and yada yada yada........When ya get my age, you can never have too many good teeth :)

AWJ Services
10-26-2007, 09:00 PM
I will assume you are talking excavator teeth.

Actually skid steer bucket teeth.
We actually need them too dig with lol.

So the forged teeth seem too last longer?

This company is local.

http://www.getcoltd.com/

RockSet N' Grade
10-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Figures.........heh, you ever tried a rezloh edge? And yea, I looked at that site and those be the ones........I do not know the wear advantage/disadvantage between cast and forged. I hard-face my teeth from time to time and also my thumb for better grip, so I use forged teeth.

xcopterdoc
10-26-2007, 09:27 PM
I get all my bucket teeth from CarQuest. If I get an odd bucket with wierd teeth and shanks, I cut em out and install common shanks and teeth to match. Usually not a problem on the bigger stuff. Some smaller x's and skidsteers use a tooth that is bolted on, and is both a shank and tooth. PITA, but I guess they work.

Construct'O
10-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Check out your TK dealer.If nothing else for a price to compare.I would think they should have them .Good luck.

AWJ Services
10-26-2007, 11:27 PM
My teeth were actually wore out after 250 hours .
So I was hoping I could find a little better tooth than came on it from the factory.
My Tk dealer keeps the Getco teeth.
They are pretty cheap so maybe I will just change them more often.

Never tried the Rezloh.I have read your posts on it .

Construct'O
10-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Now might be the time to try the rezloh blade,since the teeth are wore out.The cost would be more, the way it sounds.Depends on if you have the extra money to spare right now.Never know until you try them i guess.:usflag: