PDA

View Full Version : repair pice help

Frontier-Lawn
10-26-2007, 08:03 PM
i have a client that ran his lincon pickup over a sprinkler head and break it off.
i reaplaced with with a hunter srs 4" and a prospray nozzle. what is the going rate to replace it?

londonrain
10-26-2007, 08:31 PM
$15.00 installed plus a service call.....

Flow Control
10-26-2007, 08:33 PM
Three Gold bullions.

Frontier-Lawn
10-26-2007, 08:46 PM
$15.00 installed plus a service call.....
what if i was there mowing when i found it? :waving: :waving:

lwcmattlifter
10-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Did you have the replacement head with you at the time? You still have to charge for a service call or install labor. Take your pick.

Mjtrole
10-26-2007, 09:16 PM
are you looking for somebody to tell you that you should do it for cheap since you are already there cutting the lawn...........

Still waiting?

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-26-2007, 09:20 PM
are you looking for somebody to tell you that you should do it for cheap since you are already there cutting the lawn...........

Still waiting?

That was funny:laugh:

londonrain
10-26-2007, 10:08 PM
If I was already there and had a extra head on the truck then I would only charge $15.00...buts that just me....

When I upgrade a controller for a customer and they don't want the old controller I always keep them for special circumstances.
I did a service call for existing customer who is a single divorced mom who's esp4si had seen better days. I told her it was her lucky day and I will give her a esp6si for free. She only paid for 1 head replacement, a dv-100 diaphragm and a service call....

Frontier-Lawn
10-26-2007, 10:16 PM
im just starting in on the head replacement for my clients, that way they dont have to go to someone else. i want to be a one stop shop. :drinkup:

zman9119
10-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Well... whats the cost of a dictionary?

It might come in handy.

-------------------------------------------

As for the repair cost, t + m + mark-up = repair cost

hoskm01
10-27-2007, 09:50 AM
i have a client that ran his lincon pickup over a sprinkler head and break it off.
i reaplaced with with a hunter srs 4" and a prospray nozzle. what is the going rate to replace it?

It might come in handy.

Youch. So true.

Kiril
10-27-2007, 10:30 AM
im just starting in on the head replacement for my clients, that way they dont have to go to someone else. i want to be a one stop shop. :drinkup:

Well, the first lesson to learn is, when replacing sprinklers, ALWAYS replace with AT LEAST the same type of sprinkler that was damaged, or better. Also pay attention to the nozzle with respect to flow.

I have more than a few choice words for lawn boys who replace a high quality sprinkler with a POS, or replace a PGP with a #1 nozzle with a PGP and #3 nozzle. :hammerhead:

Mike Leary
10-27-2007, 01:59 PM

It might come in handy

Thank you, the spelling nazi was just ready to post.:hammerhead: