PDA

View Full Version : Got Rocks?

RockSet N' Grade
10-26-2007, 09:03 PM
I've been pm'd about setting rock and prices........so I thought I would throw out my mental list that I go through when I look at a job. When it is all said and done, I just figure my time and materials and what it will take........but that takes time to get to that point, so here is my list of mental gymnastics: do I have to wait for payment?, is there a rock unloading risk?,are there low trees and wires?,do I need fabric behind wall or drainage system?,do I have to move the rocks more than once?,is there a rolling rock risk?,engineering needed?, do I have to move utilities?,do I have to place from above or below?,are there window wells at risk?,do I need concrete protection?,difficult access?,do I have to export fill or import?,extra grading?,is it outside my job area?,safe place to dump truck load of rock?,clean road after project?,steeper than 1:1?, is it formal or informal style? Some guys use a sq.ft. price per load, but after you have been in the game awhile, you will find that is a nice place to start thinking, but if you do it just by sq.ft, you will get killed. Just some passing thoughts.........

Construct'O
10-26-2007, 10:05 PM
I've been pm'd about setting rock and prices........so I thought I would throw out my mental list that I go through when I look at a job. When it is all said and done, I just figure my time and materials and what it will take........but that takes time to get to that point, so here is my list of mental gymnastics: do I have to wait for payment?, is there a rock unloading risk?,are there low trees and wires?,do I need fabric behind wall or drainage system?,do I have to move the rocks more than once?,is there a rolling rock risk?,engineering needed?, do I have to move utilities?,do I have to place from above or below?,are there window wells at risk?,do I need concrete protection?,difficult access?,do I have to export fill or import?,extra grading?,is it outside my job area?,safe place to dump truck load of rock?,clean road after project?,steeper than 1:1?, is it formal or informal style? Some guys use a sq.ft. price per load, but after you have been in the game awhile, you will find that is a nice place to start thinking, but if you do it just by sq.ft, you will get killed. Just some passing thoughts.........

Man!!!!! I just got a headache from reading all that info.:dizzy: Glad i dont have to work with rocks.All have to do is play in the mud!:dancing:

Lots of things to think about ,its the unknown that kills you.So try to cover your rear as much as you can.Good luck.:usflag:

Fieldman12
10-27-2007, 12:17 AM
There is no doubt allot of things to think about. This is some what simular to the weed out customer post I had a while back. A person really has to lay a plan out before he ever says he will take the job or give a price.