PDA

View Full Version : how much to charge

MFS
10-28-2007, 12:51 AM
Hi guys I have a question. I installed and worked on a system last month and need to know how much to charge. I did it for a company that I use to work for they are a landscape company but they did not have anyone to do the work or the no how. Here is what i did

Replaced 2 2" hunter valves took 4 hours
Installed 1 2" hunter valve took 2 hours
removed 13 battary operated valves and replaced with wired sils. took 4 hours
Located and hooked up 14 wires that were cut in two places took a day and a half
Installed 1 13 zone new Rain bird control valve
Ajusted heads
Ran system and checked for other problems

This is on a military base and I have a feeling that the company is not going to want to pay the bill. Has anyone else ran into this problem. Or know what I can do. This was in Fort benning, Ga I did not have to buy any supplies.

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-28-2007, 12:55 AM
how many man hours?

txgrassguy
10-28-2007, 01:14 AM
What the crap kind of question is " I don't know what to charge?"
Charge your labor hours plus the mark up on parts.
Why should posters here know what your costs are?
At least know what you are worth!

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-28-2007, 01:20 AM
What the crap kind of question is " I don't know what to charge?"
Charge your labor hours plus the mark up on parts.
Why should posters here know what your costs are?
At least know what you are worth!

i celebrate you posting..

please make it more such.

BrandonV
10-28-2007, 09:15 AM
I'd say about 2.50

Kiril
10-28-2007, 10:04 AM
I'd say about 2.50

Let's be consistent with American pricing, $2.99 + tax :laugh:

londonrain
10-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Figure your hourly rate and remember you might get a 1099 for taxes....

jimmyburg
10-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Hi guys I have a question. I installed and worked on a system last month and need to know how much to charge. I did it for a company that I use to work for they are a landscape company but they did not have anyone to do the work or the no how. Here is what i did

Replaced 2 2" hunter valves took 4 hours
Installed 1 2" hunter valve took 2 hours
removed 13 battary operated valves and replaced with wired sils. took 4 hours
Located and hooked up 14 wires that were cut in two places took a day and a half
Installed 1 13 zone new Rain bird control valve
Ajusted heads
Ran system and checked for other problems

This is on a military base and I have a feeling that the company is not going to want to pay the bill. Has anyone else ran into this problem. Or know what I can do. This was in Fort benning, Ga I did not have to buy any supplies.

Was this a bid job or Hourly?

I charge $80.00 per hour plus $40.00 per helper. plus parts.

MFS
10-28-2007, 08:35 PM
for all the guys that want to be smart find someone else to mess with i just ask a simple question and a few guys have to get all butt hurt and reply stupidly. buy for those who answered me thank you

BrandonV
10-28-2007, 08:39 PM
its nothing personal bud, just it varies sooo much from point to point. I can get people here to work for 7.50/hr but up in yankee land people put tires on cars for $50/hr we can't and shouldn't tell you what to charge.

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-28-2007, 08:44 PM
its nothing personal bud, just it varies sooo much from point to point. I can get people here to work for 7.50/hr but up in yankee land people put tires on cars for $50/hr we can't and shouldn't tell you what to charge.

I think this guy should call some companies, get some numbers for average hourly labor rates and call it a night..

up here in New England a exp Service tech charges 45 $$ a hr 1 hr minium.

Down in Texas its 45 for a laborer and 80 for an exp service tech.

MFS
10-28-2007, 08:55 PM
I was just asking the going rate to do thiese things and it took 5 days and 12 hours a day no help to get the mess figered out.

MFS
10-28-2007, 08:56 PM
so what I was asking was what would someone close to the area of Ga price this out at. Thats all

Wet_Boots
10-28-2007, 09:26 PM
I'd want to sell sixty of my hours for about five grand or so. Plus parts. Kind of late in the day to be thinking rates, and whether the customer will be ready to pay.

(can you file a lien on an military base?)

Mjtrole
10-28-2007, 11:28 PM
I'd want to sell sixty of my hours for about five grand or so. Plus parts. Kind of late in the day to be thinking rates, and whether the customer will be ready to pay.

(can you file a lien on an military base?)

That is a very good question, I would say no but I don't know for sure. I would think that you could go after the contractors bond, I imagine it would be easier to collect on a project like that, you just need to start contacting the right people about getting paid, I am sure the contractor doesn't want to lose a government contract.

hoskm01
10-29-2007, 12:52 AM
Im at 3k easy. No parts, short drive.