PDA

View Full Version : Forum Topics?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-28-2007, 12:12 PM
I would like an interpretation from the site administrators as well as to hear from the people who participate in this forum.

1: What are the approved and acceptable topics for this forum?

2: Should we only open and discuss topics that deal directly with the design, installation and service of Outdoor Lighting Systems? (i.e. materials, techniques, technical information, etc)

3: Are we free and encouraged to discuss topics that deal with a wide range of aspects of our business. (i.e. Marketing, Market Strategy, Labour issues, Book keeping, advertising, promotion, and social networking)

Please chime in and let's find out what the participants here want and expect from this forum.

Thanks.

Mike M
10-28-2007, 01:27 PM
James, good questions. Even though we have other forums at lawnsite, it's nice to ask marketing and various questions to guys that do mostly, if not all, lighting. I've been moved only once when I asked a logo question, but I didn't mind.

I think they have been giving us a little liberty to do this, and allowances to go a little off topic (especially within a thread).

Here's something I would consider if I were you. You have a close relationship with Nightscaping, you help design products, you sell lots of them, and you endorse them here. I recently purchased a couple Nightscaping fixtures because you recommended them. Why not get them to help support this site by sponsoring? You could even be their rep here.

I'll bet that if Cast was a sponsor, whether this is good or bad, we'd probably have seen that mermaid pic.

I just call 'em as I see 'em.

Mike

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-28-2007, 01:33 PM
I have notified and encouraged Nightscaping to look into this forum. Right now, given the goings-on at the company, I think they have their hands full with new projects and directions.

Although I do have a pretty good relationship with Nightscaping, I am by no means a company representative or receive any special consideration or remuneration. I just like their corporate culture and a number of the products that they manufacture. As Bill calls it: "Friends doing business with friends."

It works for me.

Have a great day.

NightScenes
10-28-2007, 02:40 PM
I think that we should be able to discuss anything and everything that has to do with operating a lighting business.

Mike M
10-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Absolutely Americana, Paul!

Oh, and Canadiana, too.

irrig8r
10-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Agreed.

Clear guidelines about what are and what are not acceptable discussion topics can only help.

David Gretzmier
10-28-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm all for everything that relates to a lighting business. I'm actually for a little off-topic here and there too. Laughter is good for the spirit.

JoeyD
10-29-2007, 10:40 AM
I say anything should go. It is a public forum. But as a sponsor I will adhere to any rules set forth.

Chris J
10-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Agreed.

Clear guidelines about what are and what are not acceptable discussion topics can only help.

Clear guidelines would be helpful indeed. I believe we should be able to talk about just about anything we wish......that includes carving pumpkins.

irrig8r
10-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Clear guidelines would be helpful indeed. I believe we should be able to talk about just about anything we wish......that includes carving pumpkins.

:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

klkanders
10-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Chris J,
If you are putting low voltage lighting in that carved pumpkin then you can talk about it here. :)
:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

Lite4
10-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Using candles to light pumpkins is utilizing extremely low voltage lighting techniques.