PDA

View Full Version : Removing epoxy from concrete

captbob
10-29-2007, 10:02 PM
I am doing a large Pressure job on a Govt. Facility appx 5000 sq ft . of sidewalk A roofing contractor epoxy sealed the brick walls and the spray gun he was using leaked bad I mean bad there are long spills about 2 inches wide and complete
areas about 3-4 ft. around a very large building . The sealer used was a 2 part with A Zylene thinner . I do not have the Mfg. but it''s been down about 2 weeks. I have about 12 hours working with Pure Zylene and MTK. I can get the epoxy up with the Zy. but the stains will just not come up below the glue with
what I have been using . I have a 16 hp honda with a gear drive Cat pump
and Turbo tip, 4200 PSI at 4.6 GPM , Concrete is flying but the stain stays
To say the least I am frustrated. I have to put the ZY. down and hit it with pressure before it evaporates about 15-20 seconds it took 4 hours of work for about a 40 foot of this mess just to remove the glue about 5-6 applications for each little stretch. Any help ?
Thanks Capt Bob

Stillwater
10-30-2007, 01:57 AM
I am doing a large Pressure job on a Govt. Facility appx 5000 sq ft . of sidewalk A roofing contractor epoxy sealed the brick walls and the spray gun he was using leaked bad I mean bad there are long spills about 2 inches wide and complete
areas about 3-4 ft. around a very large building . The sealer used was a 2 part with A Zylene thinner . I do not have the Mfg. but it''s been down about 2 weeks. I have about 12 hours working with Pure Zylene and MTK. I can get the epoxy up with the Zy. but the stains will just not come up below the glue with
what I have been using . I have a 16 hp honda with a gear drive Cat pump
and Turbo tip, 4200 PSI at 4.6 GPM , Concrete is flying but the stain stays
To say the least I am frustrated. I have to put the ZY. down and hit it with pressure before it evaporates about 15-20 seconds it took 4 hours of work for about a 40 foot of this mess just to remove the glue about 5-6 applications for each little stretch. Any help ?
Thanks Capt Bob

1)put the washer away, blend/feather the stains with a angle grinder or...

2)forget the stains, finnish washing the entire walk normaly then just skim coat it with a concreat resurfacer.

George Mason
04-01-2009, 01:20 AM
1)put the washer away, blend/feather the stains with a angle grinder or...

2)forget the stains, finnish washing the entire walk normaly then just skim coat it with a concreat resurfacer.

I have a customer - lawn - that did a paver patio himself over the winter. He has a few places where he got epoxy on the pavers and they are now stained.

What does this mean, to blend/feather the stains?

He asked how to get rid of them, and I told him I hadn't a clue but might have a friend that knows the answer... so friends, any other ideas or explanations?
Thanks.

R.

4LLAWNSINC
04-02-2009, 11:36 PM
yOU CAN RENT A diamond floor sander- my brother used one to remove old epooxy paint in a basement floor before tiling. I can't remember what exactly the tool was called but it was about 6" in diameter and worked very well.