PDA

View Full Version : Hauling rotten clay

Gravel Rat
10-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Working on the developement project today hauling frigging clay its horrible stuff. Its heavy as h*ll the truck sure was sucking wind carrying 20 plus tons in a tandem axle dump. Where I'am dumping the material is in a tight spot lots of wiggling around. I had a load partially stick and the box was twisting pretty good :eek:

I think hauling wet slimey grey clay is gotta be the worst thing to haul its messy when it gets on the haul road and its greasy as snot.

After 6.5 hours of bouncing around in a gravel truck I'am stiff and sore. With detroit power you got to wear ear muffs those old 8v92s are noisy. Back at it tommorow. I might be a little cranky when I go back to my other job on Wednesday I have only had 2 days off in 11 days of work :laugh:

SiteSolutions
10-29-2007, 10:46 PM
Is there anything you can't complain about? You could make getting some booty sound like a terrible experience.

Dirt Digger2
10-29-2007, 10:54 PM
i hate hauling rocks...or at least sitting in the truck when they are loaded

Gravel Rat
10-30-2007, 12:13 AM
I was hauling them today too I d*mn near poked my eye out :laugh:

I had some dirt in my eye using my finger to get it out and the backhoe operator dropped a big boulder into
the box :cry:

I wasn't expecting a big ka-thud but the backhoe guy was trying to let the 1000lb boulder drop in the box gently.

Hauling the clay was stressfull today because I was dumping it in a awkward area. Lots of wiggling the truck around trying to get it backed into the spot dumping over a bank. The road got really mushy and I'am trying not to get stuck and keep the truck level so I didn't rip the box off or flip the truck. I came close to flipping the truck is the first time ever for me that has happened in the years of running dump trucks.

The developer needs a large hole excavated for part of the developement its 16 feet deep and 25 foot x 25 foot hole. The road I'am backing down is on the edge of the hole on the blind side of the truck (passenger). On the driverside is a small hill so I can't get anymore than 20 inches away from the edge of this deep hole. A excavator is loading the truck digging the muck and putting it into the truck. If the access road gives away
I would be upside down in the hole :laugh:

I do enjoy driving the truck it gives me my fix for truck driving I have been debating to try find a full time driving job again.

qps
10-30-2007, 07:56 AM
Is there anything you can't complain about? You could make getting some booty sound like a terrible experience.

:laugh: you beat everybody to it.....

SiteSolutions
10-30-2007, 12:51 PM
:laugh: you beat everybody to it.....

What can I say... just happened to be in the right place at the right time.:dancing:

YardPro
10-30-2007, 08:03 PM
LOL,
you guys hit the nail on the head.....