PDA

View Full Version : Winterization plus repair

Dennis Spencer
10-30-2007, 06:35 PM
This year there have been some call for winterization with repairs.One person ask if we did adjustments with shut downs. This one i said no. Some want heads replace.I told two customer's i would replace the heads.Maybe tell others will do repairs in spring.Does anyone do repair with shut downs.

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-30-2007, 06:40 PM
I discourage it..

Blow out mode=no repairs.
Spring start ups=repair and adjust heads.
End thread.

Mike Leary
10-30-2007, 06:43 PM
No, your time is too valuable (compressor, etc.) put them on the winter or
spring list & "keep on winterizing". (Sharp eye kept out for air bubbles,
wiper seals failing, plugged nozzles will bring you joy in the spring.):)

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-30-2007, 09:13 PM
This year there have been some call for winterization with repairs.One person ask if we did adjustments with shut downs. This one i said no. Some want heads replace.I told two customer's i would replace the heads.Maybe tell others will do repairs in spring.Does anyone do repair with shut downs.

You winterize in Mississippi? We water year round in Texas and do service year round.

Dennis Spencer
10-30-2007, 10:18 PM
North Mississippi 10 mi. form Memphis

JeffY
10-30-2007, 10:32 PM
Ditto on the no repairs. Unless it's a relatively minor repair such as replace broken spray stem that I can repair in 30 seconds flat, we don't do any repairs. We will document them and let the customer know and see if they pre-approve us to do the repair in the spring.

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-31-2007, 07:38 AM
North Mississippi 10 mi. form Memphis

I guess that puts you at 35 degrees latitude. I'm at 33. I can't imagine you need to do blowouts. I'm guessing AVB shut downs mainly.

Dennis Spencer
10-31-2007, 09:59 AM
I guess that puts you at 35 degrees latitude. I'm at 33. I can't imagine you need to do blowouts. I'm guessing AVB shut downs mainly.

Tennessee requires a RPZ and yes that is the main issue's. Customers do like to see the water spray.