PDA

View Full Version : New Waterproof Shoe from LawnGrips

Michael J. Donovan
10-30-2007, 06:01 PM
New Waterproof Shoe from LawnGrips

The first manufacturer of footwear designed specifically for gardeners and lawn care professionals has scored another first with its new waterproof Brutus seven-inch lace-up men’s boot. The newest shoe from LawnGrips, LLC has a specially designerd waterproof membrane, from heel to toe, plus a protective steel toe and higher sidewall to increase lateral stability. The Brutus model – retail priced at $149.95 – also has a mirror-like surface on the sole for maximum debris release and an extra padded collar for greater comfort. As with all LawnGrips footwear, the new shoe is made using high-quality materials and construction and features the patented Grip-N-Go™ outsole for superior traction on freshly cut grass. The tread pattern of the outsole has specialized, oblique cleats positioned in the forefoot and heel areas that provide great traction for pushing, turning and stopping. The cleats and pivot points also are slightly rounded to easily shed grass clippings and dirt. All LawnGrips shoes also have triple stitching, a steel shank, composite insole board with polyurethane midsole for comfort and support, and water and stain resistant leather uppers. The expanded LawnGrips line for men now includes the original Classic slip-on model with hook and loop closure; the Classic LT slip-on for those who prefer no steel toe; the Pro with six-inch lace-up; the Pro-Lite for those who prefer no steel toe; the Pro8 work boot with eight-inch lace-up and GardenGrips clogs in brown, moss, indigo and slate. For women, there are the Classic slip-on model; the Women’s Pro with six-inch lace-up, and the four GardenGrips clogs. For further information, visit the website at www.lawngrips.com or call toll-free 1-877-4GRIPS1

desert rose gardening
12-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Anyone out there tried them? I would like to here some comments on them. Do they fit good? are they comfortable? How long do they last?

shane mapes
12-08-2007, 11:10 AM
I Haven't Try Ed These But I Have A Pair Of Grounds Men Boots That Look The Same . They Are Ugly And I Got Them Last Year And Did't Wear Them Until This Year . They Are So Comfortable And If They Are Built The Same Way As Mine Then Their Worth Paying $100.00 For Them Hands Down

grassman177
12-08-2007, 01:05 PM
i dont know about these new style, but the old pro series are very comfy, the leather last really long, have not seen even wear after a year of abuse. the thing is that the soles work well but do not last at all, i talked to them about his and they said they had a harder rubber going into them but i fouind no difference. i still like them though, light, tough and great traction.

mattfromNY
12-08-2007, 01:41 PM
How are they for breathability (sp?), My feet sweat aweful on hot, summer days, I like a nice Carolina mesh workboot w/ steel toes, but on a wet morning I'll have wet all day. Short of carrying two pairs of boots with me, I'd like to try a boot that is waterproof, but lightweight and breathes good.

desert rose gardening
12-08-2007, 05:27 PM
I did a search after I started the thread and got 3 pages of info. I need to remember to search first!

Frosty_03
12-08-2007, 10:19 PM
I have used them for two seasons and they are still comfortable the only thing is that I wear out a pair of shoes, boots on the outside hill and these lawngrips I have seem to be holding out. I will buy a new set this year. :cool2:

EJD Lawnpride
12-09-2007, 05:53 PM
How do you get them? Do you have to order from manufacturer?

Frosty_03
12-10-2007, 05:07 PM
website at www.lawngrips.com or call toll-free 1-877-4GRIPS1 :cool2::walking:

EJD Lawnpride
12-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks Frosty!