PDA

View Full Version : have to winterize early this year

BrandonV
10-30-2007, 09:15 PM
all my lake clients got letters this week... NO MORE WATER :-( dang alcoa is turning off the tap. some of them (believe it or not) we'll switch over to wells but most are lake only. kinda bums me out, like to do it more towards end of nov but oh well. I really don't know why they make us stop watering, they don't use that much water in the grand scheme. but i won't get it done this week because my fill in tech guy is at some "fireman brotherhood union" do-fla-che.

BrandonV
10-30-2007, 09:17 PM
oh and even though some don't believe me when I give temps it was 26.6˚ this morning here!?!?! nursery crew kicked into high gear on our annual migration of bringing plants inside, oh and we're doing much better on the water situation. our largest pump 45hp has been running non stop since last weeks rain event, 1 pond now almost full. woot

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-31-2007, 06:40 AM
Glad to hear that Brandon on the pond. Was looking really bleak for awhile.

hoskm01
10-31-2007, 09:55 AM
all my lake clients got letters this week... NO MORE WATER :-( dang alcoa is turning off the tap. some of them (believe it or not) we'll switch over to wells but most are lake only. kinda bums me out, like to do it more towards end of nov but oh well. I really don't know why they make us stop watering, they don't use that much water in the grand scheme. but i won't get it done this week because my fill in tech guy is at some "fireman brotherhood union" do-fla-che.
For conservation or the homeowners just need someone to make the call for them?

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-31-2007, 02:24 PM
oh and even though some don't believe me when I give temps it was 26.6˚ this morning here!?!?! nursery crew kicked into high gear on our annual migration of bringing plants inside, oh and we're doing much better on the water situation. our largest pump 45hp has been running non stop since last weeks rain event, 1 pond now almost full. woot

Im glad to hear it..45 hp?jez dude....What is the size of the intake?

BrandonV
10-31-2007, 05:58 PM
pretty sure that one is either a 4 or 6"