PDA

View Full Version : Oh phewy, more water line repairs after 5.6 quake

gusbuster
10-31-2007, 02:25 AM
As some of you may or may not know, about 8pm pacific time, S.F. Bay Area got rocked by a 5.6 quake.

Kiril, Purp, and irrig8r(I know you did for sure) did you guys feel it?

I just wonder now, how many main line repair calls I'm going to get. After Loma Prieta in 89, We had bunch of repair calls because of shifting pipes and glue joint failures.

Kind of curious if this kind of event will generate repair calls.
John

Portmax29
10-31-2007, 02:55 AM
Im here in turlock and i felt it.

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-31-2007, 06:21 AM
I hope everyone is ok..

After everyone is oK GO CASH IN ON THE BIG DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-31-2007, 06:55 AM
Saw the story. Also saw the story on a kid started the fires playing with matches.

BrandonV
10-31-2007, 06:56 AM
i was camping in greensboro once and we had one, freaked me out. my father of course from San Fran said something of "shut up you sissy" and went back to sleep. anyway hope everyone is ok and gets lots of work

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-31-2007, 07:23 AM
A terrifying quake story occurred in Montana with campers during the 50's. Created Quake Lake on the Madison River.

bobw
10-31-2007, 08:51 AM
hmmm...interesting business strategy...when things slow down, schedule a minor quake and pick up a bunch of service work....:laugh:

hoskm01
10-31-2007, 10:17 AM
On top of the other idiot(s) that started some of the other ones. One guy (from AZ I regret to announce) was shot and killed whilst setting a blaze.

gusbuster
10-31-2007, 10:31 AM
hmmm...interesting business strategy...when things slow down, schedule a minor quake and pick up a bunch of service work....:laugh: On a scary note, U.S.G.S rep on last night's press conference was telling us that in the next week we could be hit with a major quake on the Hayward Fault. Does make you a little nervous.

There are so may fault lines in the Bay Area and every single one of them have some kind of movement every day. However, its the sudden release of pressure that get our attention by scarring the willies out of everybody. Everybody knows about the San Andreas Fault line which is less than 400 feet from my parents house. However, the fault lines such as Loma Prieta, Hayward, calaveras ect....because they are small, not so known, yet they are the more active faults in CA. We got lucky last night.

Portmax29
10-31-2007, 10:35 AM
We got lucky last night.

yeah we did and i am not looking forward to next week.

Kiril
10-31-2007, 01:54 PM
As some of you may or may not know, about 8pm pacific time, S.F. Bay Area got rocked by a 5.6 quake.

Kiril, Purp, and irrig8r(I know you did for sure) did you guys feel it?

I did not. :cry: :cry:

Mike Leary
10-31-2007, 04:18 PM
When we had the "Nisqually" quake up here a few years ago, I was standing
on the lawn with a client. We were talking about how obnoxious the plethora
of crows feeding in his orchard were. All of a sudden, they ceased cawing &
flew away, we joked that they heard us....the quake hit right then.

nacarson
10-31-2007, 06:41 PM
I felt it down in santa clara area... Lots of rumbling, old double hung
window sashes shaking and vibrating, that kind of thing. My HO mainline still holding out though :-) and walking around the neighbourhood this morning, didn't see any obvious damage signs in people's yards...