PDA

View Full Version : My setup this year

DoetschOutdoor
10-31-2007, 01:05 PM
I figured its about time that I post some pics of my setup this year for mowing...I maintain about 30-35 accounts weekly and feel really efficient with the 36" wb and 48" ztr combo for residentials. I'm looking to add 10 QUALITY accounts next year and hopefully finish college in 09'. I started college thinking I would stop mowing in the near future and as time has dragged on, schools gotten harder and I've picked up more work. Oh well, gotta make the rents' proud and have somthing to fall back on so I'll suck it up and hopefully get finished here shortly. Have a good halloween guys, gotta run to accounting.

36" Ferris hydrocut, 48" exmark lazer , 48" Ferris hydro (since has been sold, just didnt have the room to keep it right now), redmax 7001 bp, redmax trimmers

charmill26
10-31-2007, 01:10 PM
not much of a chevy fan but thats one good lookin truck

beano
10-31-2007, 03:38 PM
Nice, i am in college and will finish in 09 spring also. I have a smiliar set up. Isnt it nice having a 36" wb and a 48" rider combo. I also have both and a 7x18 enclosed. Nice work.

jimmyburg
10-31-2007, 03:54 PM
how much did that trailer set you back?

DoetschOutdoor
10-31-2007, 04:58 PM
I paid $900 for the trailer 2 years ago...it looked like the pic below but even as ugly as it was, it was still better than paying 1500 for an open trailer I was looking at nearby. Over this past winter, I dropped about $300 on supplies and paint booth rental at the air force base and had it painted by a guy out there. Depending on the growth of the biz the next 2 years, I would like to upgrade to a 7x18 or somthing in that area, but I'd have to have a new truck so time will tell.

Landscape89
10-31-2007, 05:43 PM
Redmax Handhelds! :clapping:

jimmyburg
10-31-2007, 05:44 PM
i added a small sink with a 55gal water drum and power converter to operate the pump. works great to wash up.

deere615
10-31-2007, 09:54 PM
Nice setup. Is that ferris a single or dual hydro? How does it handle on hills? Those rims on that truck are SWEET?

ACutAbovesiny
10-31-2007, 10:08 PM
Is that a 32" or 36" walk behind?

DoetschOutdoor
11-01-2007, 12:56 PM
The Ferris is a 36" hydrocut, which they only offer in a single hydro. I started off 3 years ago with this mower and really had no idea what dual vs single hydro was...The mower holds good on my hills but I've only really tried it on a few hills because not many of my accounts have them. I probably could have saved some money when I started out and not bought a new mower but now I know that I have a solid small property mower for many years to come. The mower cuts very nice (when the blades are sharp), has good speed, and really easy height adjustment. Next year, I'll probably get the bagger and see how that works.

Thanks for the comments on the wheels. Trust me, this is not the truck you want to be looking for aftermarket wheels for. Finding decent looking rims with the right amount of backspacing was a long process and I finally got a company to make these with close to stock backspacing.

LindblomRJ
11-01-2007, 01:03 PM
I like the S-10.

DK lawn care
11-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Nice setup. How does the s-10 tow ur equipment? Also, how do u like ur Lazer? I have almost the same one it looks like besides the fact ct vs hp

NNJLandman
11-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Does the lazer fit through gates? I have a 48 Viking that will fit through about 95% of my customers fenced in yards. Just curious

DoetschOutdoor
11-01-2007, 05:13 PM
I got the lazer about 3 weeks ago and it now has 55 hours on it. So far, I absolutely love it. It is alot faster than my old ferris wb and it leaves a nice cut without always having to double cut. The only downside to this mower is that I think it is like a 04' or so model. I talked to the dealer about it being a 48" cut and not the new 46" and he told me it was an 06' model. I was doing some reading on here the other night and someone mentioned that they stopped making the hp 48" with the trivantige back in 04...either way I really like the mower and it has definately made life alot easier while working.

My truck pulls this setup perfectly fine The 4.3 is plenty of power but I do think going the next size up enclosed trailer would be too much or else I would probably have a bigger trailer.

I attached a pic of a yard I did for a realtor for a few months before a couple moved in and this is exactly why I got a 48" cut and not the 52". Everyone around here says I should have just got a 52 but for residentials only right now, I think a 48 fits better.

deere615
11-01-2007, 08:40 PM
The Ferris is a 36" hydrocut, which they only offer in a single hydro. I started off 3 years ago with this mower and really had no idea what dual vs single hydro was...The mower holds good on my hills but I've only really tried it on a few hills because not many of my accounts have them. I probably could have saved some money when I started out and not bought a new mower but now I know that I have a solid small property mower for many years to come. The mower cuts very nice (when the blades are sharp), has good speed, and really easy height adjustment. Next year, I'll probably get the bagger and see how that works.

Thanks for the comments on the wheels. Trust me, this is not the truck you want to be looking for aftermarket wheels for. Finding decent looking rims with the right amount of backspacing was a long process and I finally got a company to make these with close to stock backspacing.

Thanks for the info.:waving:

LindblomRJ
11-01-2007, 10:00 PM
The 4.3 has alway impressed me.

stuffdeer
11-01-2007, 10:29 PM
I still am always amazed by your truck every time I see it.

What year is it again, and I assume its a auto?

Lawn Enforcer
11-01-2007, 10:30 PM
The truck/trailer combo looks awesome!

DK lawn care
11-02-2007, 12:58 AM
Im surprised that ur 48 fits through fences. My old forty two inch deck on my old cub had a hard time fitting through some gates. On others it was just enough.