PDA

View Full Version : Pond Excavation Pics

Canon Landscaping
10-31-2007, 09:18 PM
This is a job we have been doing this week we have moved about 8,000 yds of dirt so far. We are digging a pond and hauling the dirt about 300 yards and spreading it on a hill covering rocks.

cat2
10-31-2007, 09:24 PM
looks like fun. Doing a good job.:) How do you like the Deere CTL? how many hours do you have on it?

cat2
10-31-2007, 09:36 PM
I noticed that the deere ctl always has its lights on. Why do people use lights in the daytime? I could never figure it out

Fieldman12
10-31-2007, 09:37 PM
It looks like you guys are doing a good job. Looks like you had a good bit of mud to play with. :) Love the Deere equipment and Case dozer.

Canon Landscaping
10-31-2007, 09:52 PM
I guess the lights are on becasue at the end of the day it is getting dark and they forget about them and leave them on the next day and around a busy jobsite it helps the truck drivers to see the machine.

We love the deere ctl this is our second one. The deere almost pushes as much as our case dozer :weightlifter: . I think we have about 200 hours on this one.

cat2
10-31-2007, 11:07 PM
O I just wondered. I knew that was your second one. Seems like you are having good luck with the deeres:weightlifter:

Gravel Rat
10-31-2007, 11:20 PM
Wow thats a big job that one picture with the skid steer taking a swim in the clay is a little scary :laugh:

Canon Landscaping
11-01-2007, 12:07 AM
We cleaned the existing pond out with it only took the amigo about 5 hours.

It took a long time to clean the tracks out. :hammerhead:

Gravel Rat
11-01-2007, 01:01 AM
Look at that muck kind of the same stuff I have been hauling this week the truck I'am hauling with is covered in it. After the job is done going to take the fire hose to her. All that goo running through the rollers on the CTL can't be very good but I hate to see a wheeled skid working in the mud like that.

Tigerotor77W
11-01-2007, 01:43 AM
Wow -- that mud looks quite tasty. I'm curious; is it possible to stall the engine on a Deere CTL?

Construct'O
11-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Now there's some serious CTL work:weightlifter:for all us!!!!!!!! Looks like the competition will have to step it up a notch with there picture posting>>>>>>>.:cry:

Great pictures there! Thanks for sharing. Nothing like using the "gett'er done" :) approach.:usflag:

Canon Landscaping
11-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Well we had three options: one push the mud with the dozer,
two dig it out with the excavator or use the skid the dozer and ex had other work they needed to be doing on this job so we used the skid.

As for stalling the engine yes you can they do not have the power robing anti stall feature. The mud lugged it only when you first moved.

I don't think it had any adverse affects on the undercarriage we cleaned it out good the undercarriage is made to wear out if your tracks are not worn you not making any money.

JDSKIDSTEER
11-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Well we had three options: one push the mud with the dozer,
two dig it out with the excavator or use the skid the dozer and ex had other work they needed to be doing on this job so we used the skid.

As for stalling the engine yes you can they do not have the power robing anti stall feature. The mud lugged it only when you first moved.

I don't think it had any adverse affects on the undercarriage we cleaned it out good the undercarriage is made to wear out if your tracks are not worn you not making any money.
About time you got that thing dirty.