PDA

View Full Version : Pic's

qps
10-31-2007, 10:08 PM
I know this isn't the pics forum..but it seems to be where most of us hang out....how about putting a face with a name??? .....on a piece of equipment...whatever....think about it...I'll get it started..well guess what..no pics in the folders I have on my p/c..will post some tomm....

Tigerotor77W
10-31-2007, 10:19 PM
In Clayton, NC, where Cat builds its backhoe loaders (for the NA market) and small wheel loaders (924G/H, 928Gz/Hz, 930G/H).

I dare say that this is the first completely-public picture of me on the internet...

[edit: that tipped-over garbage can is NOT my doing! And I'm about to look over my shoulder... hmm... what else am I doing that's wrong... ;)]

RockSet N' Grade
10-31-2007, 10:25 PM
I am so ugly, haloween is the only night I get to go out and nobody runs and hides! I've got no hair, warts, no teeth - well, I have one in front, I am hunched over, walk with a limp, have a pot belly, my knuckles drag on the ground, I mumble all the time.........sure you still want to see? Happy Haloween everyone!!! Time to go steal candy from the little kids ( just kidding ). :)

Fieldman12
10-31-2007, 10:41 PM
You know I dont think I have any with me on the machine that I can think of. Im one of those people that has more pics of equipment than people. My girlfriend is the same way. :)

qps
10-31-2007, 11:20 PM
no pic's on my camera...so heres a few of the pond I'm digging and the CAT...:dizzy:

qps
10-31-2007, 11:21 PM
You know I dont think I have any with me on the machine that I can think of. Im one of those people that has more pics of equipment than people. My girlfriend is the same way. :)

How about a pic of your girlfriend then:cool2:

ksss
10-31-2007, 11:27 PM
How about a pic of your girlfriend then:cool2:

Hey Tim if he wont send em I will.:cool2:

I am kidding Fieldman.......I actually deleted them.:cry:

mrusk
10-31-2007, 11:57 PM
Here is a pic of me and one of my workers.

RockSet N' Grade
11-01-2007, 12:09 AM
Tigerator......you asked what else you were doing wrong? Not smiling! That has got to be fun!! Now I will have to sift through some pics and see if I can find one of something.......maybe me with a wheel barrow and shovel doing one of my favorite jobs - horse apple picking....

Tigerotor77W
11-01-2007, 01:42 AM
Tigerator......you asked what else you were doing wrong? Not smiling! That has got to be fun!!

Mmm... true dat.

And it was fun! For an engineer to get out of the desk and see what machines can do... I used to get to work an hour early just so I could play on the 287B endurance machine.

Oh those were the days... and now I'm back in school, biting my fingernails at every exam and, well, not smiling. (jk on the not smiling part haha)

Scag48
11-01-2007, 04:54 AM
Alright, here's one from this summer working for my buddy.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/DSCF4029.jpg

Last spring with a rental 312 before ours was delivered.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/frasierorchard1resize2.jpg

qps
11-01-2007, 08:15 AM
I'll get some off my wife's camera today....man...bunch of young whipper snappers here....I really feel old this morning....:sleeping: ,,,

Dirt Digger2
11-01-2007, 08:07 PM
alright lets see here...heres one with the hunk o' junk

Dirt Digger2
11-01-2007, 08:10 PM
another one

Fieldman12
11-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Ksss, she does not like her picture taken. She like to keep a low key.I have one pic of her at Bowling Green sticking her tong out at me. :)

qps
11-01-2007, 09:15 PM
KSSS,,,,let's see yours....dozerman21....you too....I'm still looking for mine....

BrandonV
11-01-2007, 09:37 PM
a pic my bro sent to his now wife (from spain) they don't have spades there so when i got mine we had to explain

YellowDogSVC
11-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Here's one of me from the winter trip to the Nimitz Museum. Some serious iron there!

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/7679/nimitzmuseum200738kc2.jpg

SiteSolutions
11-02-2007, 12:07 AM
Here's the loader with a few fewer hours on it, plus one with my assistant. I've got an older one of me in my first machine I will try to find...

RockSet N' Grade
11-02-2007, 12:13 AM
YellowDog.......That looks like a Texas sized flame thrower. Maybe you could get a burn permit, and use that for "selective clearing" with a little modification. Guess I am gonna have to break down this weekend and find a pic or two.....

YellowDogSVC
11-02-2007, 12:22 AM
those 4n1 buckets are great, huh? Got one for my toolcat and just wish I had one for my skids. One of the most versatile things I have ever used.

Rockset; that's an AA gun! Gave the japanese hell in the Pacific:usflag: . So much cool iron to walk around (and touch) there that you have to go back a 2nd time just to spend enough time with the iron. No heavy equipment, though. just some vintage amphibious landing craft and some tanks that saw action in the Pacific.

Well, hunting season starts this weekend. Here's my other favorite gun. :)

Scag48
11-02-2007, 01:46 AM
Couple more from an easy 15 acre orchard job.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/frasierorchard3resize.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/frasierorchard6resize.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/frasierorchard7resize.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/frasierorchard2resize.jpg

JDSKIDSTEER
11-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Picture of me moving my little grill with trade in at the house.

RockSet N' Grade
11-02-2007, 06:56 PM
YellowDog.....I know what it is, just thought of some other uses.......you guys in Tejas have always been on the inventive side for things that are bigger and badder! I can remember being on the Brazos River after chasing armadillos with 4x4's and watching a "log" float across the Brazos.........I noticed that the "log" turned and started swimming upstream........largest rattlesnake I have ever seen in my life! That put an end to my water skiing on Lake Waco! Turning that AA gun into a brush-clearing unit would not be out of the question.......

dozerman21
11-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Picture of me moving my little grill with trade in at the house.

JD- Could I borrow that "little" grill this weekend? We've got a "little" game here on Sunday, and I could do some serious tailgating with that dude!:drinkup: Go Blue!!!:weightlifter:

JDSKIDSTEER
11-02-2007, 07:42 PM
It is awesome. I can cook 50 racks of ribs on it. Doors on both sides. I am going to be barried in it. The next man my wife marries cannot have it.

Lazer_Z
11-02-2007, 08:06 PM
This is me in a 305 CR that I got to demo. Don't mind my buddy on the machine, he was acting as a 2nd set of eyes for me and no, he was not sitting on it while I had it running.

Rob

YellowDogSVC
11-02-2007, 08:12 PM
YellowDog.....I know what it is, just thought of some other uses.......you guys in Tejas have always been on the inventive side for things that are bigger and badder! I can remember being on the Brazos River after chasing armadillos with 4x4's and watching a "log" float across the Brazos.........I noticed that the "log" turned and started swimming upstream........largest rattlesnake I have ever seen in my life! That put an end to my water skiing on Lake Waco! Turning that AA gun into a brush-clearing unit would not be out of the question.......

There is a picture here of a rattlesnake that measured about 10ft. It looked like a python. Don't know if it was a local snake or west texas/panhandle monster, but it was huge. There is a famous snake down at Port Aransas that is absolutely huge. Lives in an enclosure and has a HUGE head and a whole lot of big rattles. Beautiful but scary creature. Here's a pic of one I bumped into recently.

Lazer_Z
11-02-2007, 08:27 PM
YellowDog, I think they are beautiful creatures and I love snakes, but I would Shave done 1 of 3 things if I saw that. Sh*t my self,run the other direction or both.

Rob

YellowDogSVC
11-03-2007, 11:21 AM
I didn't see any for years and then started seeing them under brush piles. I was chipping once and I use a loader on the chipper. I kept telling myself there would be one under the last pile, and sure enough, there it was. I don't hurt them if I can avoid it. In all cases but one, they went about their business and let me take pictures. I had one strike at me, though, and that was enough to age me 5 years. Here's a pic of that nasty guy. It's a little blurry but my hand wasn't steady. I was standing on my bobcat grapple and zoomed in. That thing rattled for 30 minutes before leaving and he struck at me a couple of times. I kept the machine nearby because the cows and calves were very curious about me and were too close the snake and didn't want one to get struck.

coopers
11-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Here's a few.

Blake
WA

YellowDogSVC
11-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Coopers,how much does that machine weigh?

Tigerotor77W
11-03-2007, 07:38 PM
And what part of Washington are you from, again? I forgot.

minimax
11-04-2007, 12:25 AM
Here's a few pics from a mowing/clearing job,150+ feet off the water.

minimax

Scag48
11-04-2007, 03:30 AM
Ohhhh that HPF link thumb on the 35 is so badass! I'm seriously sick of Cat's junk couplers, thumbs, and buckets they supply for their minis, complete garbage. We're going HPF next time around.

coopers
11-04-2007, 05:05 AM
Coopers,how much does that machine weigh?

The 161 is I think 12000 lbs and the 121 (bottom pic) is about 9500 lbs.

coopers
11-04-2007, 05:06 AM
And what part of Washington are you from, again? I forgot.

If this is directed towards me I'm about 20 minutes north and east of Seattle. Those two jobs I have on there were in Stanwood and Camano Island.

Blake
WA

Dirt Digger2
11-04-2007, 06:28 PM
besides for the delivery guy i was the first to take this thing for a spin

bobcat_ron
11-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Ha! My Pete is better!
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t178/rdj07/Pictures060.jpg

Dirt Digger2
11-04-2007, 07:22 PM
haha if you say so...i just know that one is a 2007 pre-emission, theres more pics on the site of it titled "brand new pete"...looks like yours has low sideboards and a little longer body then our pete 10 wheeler...what you hauling in that thing?

bobcat_ron
11-04-2007, 07:27 PM
It hauls some serious *** first of all, then it hauls gravel, 13 tons legally, then there's also the pup tralier with a slightly smaller box on 2 axles that holds 8 tons. That's how all West Coast Canadian gravel trucks look like, I've seen bigger, but only in the U.S.
Also our Pete has the Eaton AutoShift 18 speed, all 4 drivers LOVE it!

Tigerotor77W
11-04-2007, 07:39 PM
If this is directed towards me I'm about 20 minutes north and east of Seattle. Those two jobs I have on there were in Stanwood and Camano Island.

Blake
WA

Oh fun... somewhere a little east of Lynnwood, then. I spent this summer interning with Boeing and fell in love with the PNW. Illinois just doesn't hold a candle anymore. Then throw in Mt. Rainier... and... *boggle* That mountain has some force on me I can't explain.

If I'm up there again, you, scag, and I should get together... dunno when I'd be there again, but I'll let you know if something comes of it...

Dirt Digger2
11-04-2007, 08:35 PM
yea that older Pete only has an 8speed with lo-lo redux too....then the one I'm settin in is a 10 speed...its a road truck so it doesn't need the lo gears

that truck is a 1989 and it's been turned up real nice so it throws a little black smoke...you can see we had to buy that ugly stack extension because it kept getting the dump body all black...one more thing to worry about tearing off on tree limbs on the sides of narrow roads:dizzy:

SLC, LLC
11-05-2007, 01:00 AM
There is a picture here of a rattlesnake that measured about 10ft. It looked like a python. Don't know if it was a local snake or west texas/panhandle monster, but it was huge. There is a famous snake down at Port Aransas that is absolutely huge. Lives in an enclosure and has a HUGE head and a whole lot of big rattles. Beautiful but scary creature. Here's a pic of one I bumped into recently.

I can barely stand to look ta my computer straight on with that! I cannot stand those things - nad all we see around here are gardener snakes. Trimming shrubs yesterday, and a gardener snake slithered out of one of them - bout wet my drawers! YIKES!!!

coopers
11-05-2007, 03:30 AM
Oh fun... somewhere a little east of Lynnwood, then. I spent this summer interning with Boeing and fell in love with the PNW. Illinois just doesn't hold a candle anymore. Then throw in Mt. Rainier... and... *boggle* That mountain has some force on me I can't explain.

If I'm up there again, you, scag, and I should get together... dunno when I'd be there again, but I'll let you know if something comes of it...

Yes, definitely shoot me an email when you come back. Bothell is where I'm from so you're right, east of Lynnwood. PNW is a great place, we have the best of everything, all seasons, good storms, mountains w/ snow to play in, LOTS of water, desert on the east side, rain forest on the west side. Great place, lots of opportunity here.

Blake
WA

Scag48
11-05-2007, 05:33 AM
Yes, definitely shoot me an email when you come back. Bothell is where I'm from so you're right, east of Lynnwood. PNW is a great place, we have the best of everything, all seasons, good storms, mountains w/ snow to play in, LOTS of water, desert on the east side, rain forest on the west side. Great place, lots of opportunity here.

Blake
WA

I thought you were up north further, I could throw a rock and hit you from here.

Dirt Digger2
11-05-2007, 03:11 PM
not the best picture...its an old picture off the website, but i figure while we are throwing peterbilt pictures out there might as well put this one up

bobcat_ron i think this might out pull your Canadian truck any day...haha:usflag:

YellowDogSVC
11-05-2007, 05:37 PM
looks like that rig can haul some serious weight

Dirt Digger2
11-05-2007, 05:58 PM
looks like that rig can haul some serious weight

no it can haul the same as a triaxle dump (no more then 80K)..but we use it to haul sand out of Maryland, and for some reason unless you have maryland plates on a dump you have to haul less weight, but since this is a combination its different? i'm really not sure how that law goes

we also use it to haul to the dump when we tear down old houses...cheaper and easier then getting all those dumpster containers

qps
11-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Is that a grain truck????

Dirt Digger2
11-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Is that a grain truck????

haha hardly...a few local farmers have borrowed the trailer to haul grain before but the dump trailer is used to haul sand and debris, we just put a new liner in it $$

it also has a lowboy trailer we use to haul our trackhoe and larger trackloader...that is a sweet looking setup

and it has a shiny aluminum tanker trailer that goes with it too that we empty out our small septic pump truck into then we take 7000 gallons to the sewage plant as opposed to 2300 gallons

dozerman21
11-05-2007, 08:32 PM
not the best picture...its an old picture off the website, but i figure while we are throwing peterbilt pictures out there might as well put this one up

bobcat_ron i think this might out pull your Canadian truck any day...haha:usflag:

DD- That truck is sweet! I'd like to upgrade to a tractor like that to pull my low boy someday. Do you know what year it is, and what engine it has?

bobcat_ron
11-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Yup, we got them here too, useless though, most newbies end up flipping them over sideways, so we opt for transfer trucks instead, gets into tighter spots where the end dumps can get to.

Dirt Digger2
11-05-2007, 09:25 PM
DD- That truck is sweet! I'd like to upgrade to a tractor like that to pull my low boy someday. Do you know what year it is, and what engine it has?

yup...its a 1979! Petes never go out of style, its got a Cummins in it, not sure on the HP but it'll cruise at 80mph with a full load on and still have 2 gears to go

besides for normal wear and tear parts its been really solid...we had it re-wired a year ago because the lights would give us problems, and the drive shaft rebuilt because the yolks were going bad, and the torsion bars were a b*tch to replace (worked in the shop till 9pm on those one day replacing 2)...but if its got that red oval on the hood its going to treat you well

Dirt Digger2
11-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Yup, we got them here too, useless as tits on a nun though, most newbies end up flipping them over sideways, so we opt for transfer trucks instead, gets into tighter spots where the end dumps can get to.

yea we ALWAYS have to make sure we have a solid landing for it to dump on, thats part of the reason we put a nice slippery liner in it this past spring too, as long as you are careful and have someone watch it you'll be ok

only our "real truck drivers" get to drive this one...i've only ever driven it once, and i drive it around the yard hitching up trailers but other then that the boss likes to only let the guys who have OTR experience drive it

Dirty Water
11-05-2007, 10:13 PM

Blake
WA

WA is where its at. I'm on the eastside of seattle.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
11-05-2007, 10:56 PM
I don't have any on equipment b/c we work and not play. LOL, that is a lie, if i didn't get to play i wouldn't be in the business. Here is one of me last thanksgiving taking it easy...

Scag48
11-06-2007, 12:23 AM
DW, forgot you're in Redmond now. I think a PNW get-together is in order, beers on me. Somebody bring the iron and we'll have a test run day.

coopers
11-06-2007, 12:29 AM
DW, forgot you're in Redmond now. I think a PNW get-together is in order, beers on me. Somebody bring the iron and we'll have a test run day.

Just give me a time and place and I'll show up! :drinkup:

Blake
WA

Tigerotor77W
11-06-2007, 12:56 AM
'Course this couldn't happen over the summer :/

(jk! if it does happen, have fun!)

Scag48
11-06-2007, 01:29 AM
I know man, I feel bad, I wanted to meet up, but work 7 days a week had me strapped. The 2 days a week I was running iron I was not quite in the Seattle area and the other 5 days a week at the restaurant had me so pissed off/stressed out after a shift all I wanted to do was go home and break down my bedroom door. Hahaha.

All the more reason to make another trip out here, right? How did things go at Boeing, BTW?

qps
11-07-2007, 09:17 AM
o.k. guys....I got my pic's ready...we still need dozerman21, KSSS, and we all need Gravel Rat's.....the challege is laid down...:drinkup:

Tigerotor77W
11-07-2007, 10:20 AM
No worries, scag... I was totally joking around. It's not like I was always free, either! Oops.

Boeing went well and I love the PNW, but we'll see where I end up. It's not going to be an easy decision (if it's up to me to make...) between Cat and Boeing, and as much as I hate to admit it, location is ultimately going to come into play.

But I agree! Need more pics!

qps
11-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Here's a pic of me after a stressfull day...and one after I went on a diet...

2109 Stang
11-07-2007, 06:03 PM
I tought it was Michael Jackson.

bobcat_ron
11-07-2007, 08:00 PM
I thought it was Lindsey Lohan's daddy.

Scag48
11-07-2007, 08:02 PM
I thought it was Lindsey Lohan's daddy.

Well played, sir, well played :laugh:

Lazer_Z
11-08-2007, 08:16 PM