PDA

View Full Version : A change of pace repair on a wmtic valve

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-01-2007, 07:31 AM
Don't run into this very often but I'm prepared when I do. Had a leaky low head on an old system so I was expecting the worse. Turned out to be a 35 year old wmtic 2" valve with a worn solenoid port. Had the replacement part on the truck.:clapping:Took a pic of the diaphragm which had been replaced at one time since it was no longer black. What do you think of all that blistering? It was still working though but I replaced it anyway. Got into my wmtic diapragm bag and noticed one was coming apart at the seams:confused: Not sure if it from was sitting in a nasty tool drawer for several years or what.

Wet_Boots
11-01-2007, 09:41 AM
don't drink the water...

jerryrwm
11-01-2007, 09:44 AM
Man that's some nasty water there. Never saw a new style diaphragm blister like that.
I wonder how many know about those replacable exhaust ports in the brass valves. Old timers probably have a few laying around in the bottom of the repair parts box. The pups would probably deem the valve defective and replace it.

Mike Leary
11-01-2007, 10:59 AM
No wonder you've got so much service work! I've NEVER seen a diaphram
that skanky!:dizzy: Hope you put the rubber gloves on.

hoskm01
11-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Youre gettin awful handy with that there camera there.

Mike Leary
11-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Youre gettin awful handy with that there camera there.

I'm sure all these photo posters deduct the time spent from actual billing.:rolleyes: