PDA

View Full Version : 60 Christmas jobs in 20 days

David Gretzmier
11-02-2007, 01:51 AM
just thought I'd give you guys an inkling of my life- checked out the schedule for jobs to be installed before Thanksgiving and it looks rather hectic even without any new jobs over the next 3 weeks. hopefully we'll have good weather. since Thanksgiving comes early this year, hopefully folks will be ok with the week after thanksgiving.

luckily Christmas lights average about 3/4 day install time on average, so with 3 crews we should get them done.

Paul- I know you do seasonal lighting- how many jobs do you and others have scheduled the next few weeks?

Pro-Scapes
11-02-2007, 09:58 AM
I just picked up my first one.... waiting for catalogs from vendors so I can hopefully design and sell it. Will be posting pics for you guys that have done this with my plan. Right now its basic outline the home and wrap some pillars. We are also planning to do 10 of the 3d 4ft ornaments hanging in mature trees all over the property.

That coupled with a 20ft christmas tree and the homeowners existing decor should set it off from others in the area :)

newbie35
11-02-2007, 02:44 PM
I have gotten 5 estimates to go on in the last 24 hrs. Hopefully we will be busy.:waving:

SamIV
11-02-2007, 03:29 PM
I know there is money in it, but I really don't care for putting Christimas lights on my own house, much less doing it for a living. More power to you guys. And Billy, if you need a hand, I won't be skipping down the street in sheer joy, but I'll be happy to give you a hand.

Burt Wilson
Accent Outdoor Lighting

Pro-Scapes
11-02-2007, 04:11 PM
ha thanks Burt. I think we are going to need to bring in a scissor lift for this one or a tree climber. I am saving that favor you owe me for the 12 tree lights going in at the project we have discussed. Seems like zero progress has been made at the house in the last 3 mo besides the grade being finished. All of the cabinets are being custom built on site and it seems everytime i go there there is no workers and no progress. Homeowner is getting impatient to say the least.

David Gretzmier
11-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Pro-scapes, good luck on your first install. be sure to watch your voltage drop on long cord runs on those trees. hopefully there are outlets close. when you get below 105 volts the lights start going yellow and changing the colored ones as well.

Pro-Scapes
11-04-2007, 07:40 PM
yeah I am thinking of that and there is some scattered outlets. I am thinking of having an electrician put outlets in at the line voltage lamp posts for me.

They have an existing dual 600w cast system we installed last year so there is 2 outlets in place for that and 3 more to use. Some of the long cord runs will be unavoidable tho so hopefully we will be ok. We will probably end up killing the low voltage for christmas so that will also free up some more power for us.

David Gretzmier
11-05-2007, 01:09 AM
If you have to go long on cords, try to start with a fat 10-12 guage as your first 100. after that you can go with a 14 or 16, but I would not go longer than total 200 feet.

Pro-Scapes
11-05-2007, 10:16 AM
already planned on that. I shouldnt have to go much longer than 100 ft. We are dropping yet another outlet in for a batting cage thats going in on the side. More worried about bringing in the scissor lift for this than anything. Gotta measure but can possibly do it with an 18ft A frame ladder which scares me even more lol