PDA

View Full Version : Texas Chili sprinkler system

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-02-2007, 09:52 PM
In the spirit of great Texas Chili. (I'm making a batch of chili from leftover brisket stuff.) (If my chili doesn't make you sweat I'M PIZZED) I decided to elaborate on mixing sprinkler stuff. First a pic of my chili. Try not to post until I finish all my posts. Thank you very much.

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-02-2007, 10:00 PM
I've got this tiny strip that waters both sides of the door beds. the heads are on the driveway and the coverage sux. On top of that it is running water down a slope like crazy. The customer wants better coverage. Pots tied in. Less waste. This is all one zone and I can't split them. Put in by a company that goes by T. W. B. for you Dallas folks. I wish I had taken a before pic but it was running 14 gpm and just flooding into the street. Cr-ppy Hardie HS heads. This first pic is after I replaced all the grass heads with 1804sams and put MP1000 on them.

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-02-2007, 10:06 PM
The next set are taking out sprays by the house and replacing them with RB manifolds and 360 TS spikes on 1/4" tubing. on one side I ran blank netafim between two rows of shrubs and ran the spikes off them. Added spikes into the pots. The last pic is an 1804 with a VALVETTE stem replacement.:)

irrig8r
11-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Skip the sprinklers, what do you put in your chili?

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-02-2007, 10:11 PM
The last pic is an RB rotary that I used in a couple of spots for the lower angle spray. SO on one zone I used:
MP rotators
RB rotators
RB spray on VALVETTE stem:)
Netafim
TS spikes on 1/4" tubing.
Final gpm 7 All water in bed and turf. Minimal runoff. Had everything on the truck to do the job.

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-02-2007, 10:12 PM

I'll get to that later.

irrig8r
11-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Sorry, I thought you were done with the pics. And BTW, I would have suggested they scrap the turf in favor of a tough short ground cover, like maybe Dymondia.

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-02-2007, 11:00 PM

Okay Had to have a 1.5 bowl. WHOO. I've got sweat dripping down the back of my head. My tongue needs the constant nourishment of beer. What you don't see in this pic are the sauteed garlic and onions. Add a little beer to get the right thickness. The chili powder is very hot from Hatch, NM. Orange habanero peppers. Meat and lots of it is brisket scraps. Lots of fatty beef.

You know what I hear that is really weird:confused: :dizzy: Up north I understand they put beans in their chili. That is so friggin weird.

irrig8r
11-03-2007, 01:46 AM
What are the red peppers? Chile de arbol? The green one looks like a young jalapeno, but the Serranos I know are much smaller than those red ones, and they're usually picked green.

I used to grow a lot of jalapenos, some habaneros, some fresnos, anaheims and little thai peppers....

Anyway, I make chili with 3 kinds of beans, chunks of beef chuck...garlic, onion, diced tomatos, chili powder and extra cumin...

And I like to eat it with cornbread.

I've heard they make chili with cinnamon in Cincinatti... :laugh: ....and I know a gal that adds peanut butter to hers. Maybe that's just a California thing.

jerryrwm
11-03-2007, 02:05 AM
FM...I can attest to the fact that up in WI they do put beans in what they call chili. Most generally it is Hormel out of a can as the base. And then try to find a brisket up here. Had to go to Sam's Club to get one. 'Course some of these folks think that ketsup is a little spicy!

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-03-2007, 07:26 AM
When I'm in a chili cooking contest I add one more ingredient that I don't add for my home chili. A chocolate bar. Gives it a richer color and adds judge approving aroma. These pepper are called orange habanero. that chili did have two serranos in it and that is a serrano on the chili itself. Buy my peppers at Central Market Groceries.

Kiril
11-03-2007, 09:46 AM
::chili=smells Like Rotars Armpit After 10 Hour Workday::

Sorry, I thought you were done with the pics. And BTW, I would have suggested they scrap the turf in favor of a tough short ground cover, like maybe Dymondia.

:clapping: :clapping:

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-03-2007, 09:50 AM
FM...I can attest to the fact that up in WI they do put beans in what they call chili. Most generally it is Hormel out of a can as the base. And then try to find a brisket up here. Had to go to Sam's Club to get one. 'Course some of these folks think that ketsup is a little spicy!

Jerry you sound really homesick. Hope you get home often enough to get Texas culinary delights. Does Wisconsin cheese make up for the lack of great Texas chow?

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-03-2007, 09:59 AM
::chili=smells Like Rotars Armpit After 10 Hour Workday::

:clapping: :clapping:

Belive it or not Kiril I used to be a hardcore macrobiotic diet practitioner. When I retire and become a homeless person wandering the country in my RV with my dogs I'm going to become a vegetarian again. In the meantime:
BRING ON THE PROTEIN

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-03-2007, 10:12 AM

It is hardy to 20 degrees. Might work further south. Don't know if it would survive our winters.

londonrain
11-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Thats is what I need some spicy Texas chili to get rid of this chest cold....

CAPT Stream Rotar
11-03-2007, 11:03 AM
that chili looks sexy.

Wet_Boots
11-03-2007, 11:19 AM
I think the hottest chili I ever had was at the Tigua Indian cafeteria in El Paso. No beans.

Kiril
11-03-2007, 12:25 PM
I think the hottest chili I ever had was at the Tigua Indian cafeteria in El Paso. No beans.

Green chili from a restaurant in New Mexico for me.

irrig8r
11-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Believe it or not Kiril I used to be a hardcore macrobiotic diet practitioner. BRING ON THE PROTEIN

LOL

Me too... for about 3 years...back in the late 70's... but then I started working at a small dairy farm...

Still like that brown rice w/ azuki beans though.... and I may even still have a Chico-San cookbook somewhere...

Dirty Water
11-03-2007, 01:11 PM
I have never had a chili without beans until last week.

I came into the office and noticed that some of the ladies had brought crockpots of chili.

Turns out we had a full Chili cookoff in the conference room that day :)

Some of the best chili there didn't have beans, I'm just a yankee boy I guess :)

Peter:

Your mixing MP's, Microsprays and Netafim emitters on one zone?

Netafim emmitters have a much lower precipitation rate than MP's and Microsprays, and Microsprays have a much higher precipitation rate than MP's...Why did you do that?

Kiril
11-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Peter:

Your mixing MP's, Microsprays and Netafim emitters on one zone?

Netafim emmitters have a much lower precipitation rate than MP's and Microsprays, and Microsprays have a much higher precipitation rate than MP's...Why did you do that?

My guess would be the emitters were used in the pots.

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-03-2007, 02:52 PM
The next set are taking out sprays by the house and replacing them with RB manifolds and 360 TS spikes on 1/4" tubing. on one side I ran blank netafim between two rows of shrubs and ran the spikes off them. Added spikes into the pots. The last pic is an 1804 with a VALVETTE stem replacement.:)

The netafim was used to allow for microspray install with 1/4" tubing. This looks bad regardless but what they had was a lot worse and more wasteful. Remember my original parameters. Couldn't split the zone (didn't want to spend that kind of money) Had to work off an existing system poorly laid out with lots of waste and overspray.

Mike Leary
11-03-2007, 06:57 PM
The netafim was used to allow for microspray install with 1/4" tubing. This looks bad regardless but what they had was a lot worse and more wasteful. Remember my original parameters. Couldn't split the zone (didn't want to spend that kind of money) Had to work off an existing system poorly laid out with lots of waste and overspray.

::gets the word from the client, loads up cone markers, backs out of drive::