PDA

View Full Version : Fall Cleanup Action Pics!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

RedMax Man
01-06-2008, 08:54 PM
RedMax Man,
Lets see some pics of the new truck :drinkup:

You must be talking about my Dad's new '08 Super Duty Diesel that i posted over on PlowSite? Yeah i could throw some up here but he doesn't do landscaping.

PlatinumLandCon
01-06-2008, 08:55 PM
You must be talking about my Dad's new '08 Super Duty Diesel that i posted over on PlowSite? Yeah i could throw some up here but he doesn't do landscaping.

It looks amazing regardless:weightlifter:

RedMax Man
01-06-2008, 09:17 PM
It looks amazing regardless:weightlifter:

Ha Ha ok i can put some up.

RedMax Man
01-19-2008, 11:33 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Uranus
01-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Enjoying the snow?

RedMax Man
01-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Yeah its been pretty good so far. Nothing to big lately except Monday was a pretty good storm. You on Plowsite? thats where i am this time of year.

Uranus
01-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Na. I'm not huge into trucks. I dont get all excited when I see pics of trucks and what they had bolted on them. How many driveways do you have.

My friends father died in Nov. and he had a really tight plow route. I was able to get them to refer me and picked up about 10 driveways and a church parking lot from him. Bad situation but my friend is glad to have helped me out. I'm up to 31 driveways, a dentist office, and the church.

RedMax Man
01-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Na. I'm not huge into trucks. I dont get all excited when I see pics of trucks and what they had bolted on them. How many driveways do you have.

My friends father died in Nov. and he had a really tight plow route. I was able to get them to refer me and picked up about 10 driveways and a church parking lot from him. Bad situation but my friend is glad to have helped me out. I'm up to 31 driveways, a dentist office, and the church.

Thats why i've never seen your truck. Sorry to hear about that.

I'm up to 25 drives on a very tight route ( many houses in groups and all in the same neighborhoods) no lowballed prices, cheapest is $25 for a small storm where i just knock out the snow bank at the end, most expensive is $60All priced per amount. I also plow for another landscaper in the area doing restaurant parking lots, condos, store parking lots and other residential driveways. Keeps me busy when the snow flies.

I've tried bidding on some commercial places but don't get what i want so i'm satisfied with what i have so far. I'd like to get a church parking lot, most are easy.

RedMax Man
01-23-2008, 06:44 PM
^^^^ to the top ^^^^

PORTER 05
01-23-2008, 07:58 PM
hey TLC - thanks for the info on Blueline, ive got 3 trucks that i want to "do-up" and a 4th on the way for next season , hoppfully i can give him alot of buiness.

ya i hear you about open lots, i cant find any either. Im going to be buying another dump truck , and plan on putting a sander and plow on it and getting a city contract to plow/sand-salt a route for them $80HR

i currently have 65 driveways right know, coulpe condo lots,maybe 10 cars by 10 cars, 1 church and a pritty nice store lot down town , one of the drives we do though is about 1/2 mile we do it for a few hundred a storm. I run 2 trucks - i go solo in the diesel , and my brother runs the other and has 2 shovelers with him.

RedMax Man
01-25-2008, 01:18 PM
hey TLC - thanks for the info on Blueline, ive got 3 trucks that i want to "do-up" and a 4th on the way for next season , hoppfully i can give him alot of buiness.

ya i hear you about open lots, i cant find any either. Im going to be buying another dump truck , and plan on putting a sander and plow on it and getting a city contract to plow/sand-salt a route for them $80HR

i currently have 65 driveways right know, coulpe condo lots,maybe 10 cars by 10 cars, 1 church and a pritty nice store lot down town , one of the drives we do though is about 1/2 mile we do it for a few hundred a storm. I run 2 trucks - i go solo in the diesel , and my brother runs the other and has 2 shovelers with him.

Very nice, Matt at BlueLine is an easy going person to work with. I just have one truck like you've seen and take care of 25 drives and do commercial lots for another landscaper friend in town. Next winter i'm going to put more effort into obtaining some commercial lots of my own. I get a decent wage for plowing the commercial places that aren't mine and they are right it town so it works very well for me and the other guys.

RedMax Man
02-01-2008, 09:05 PM
February bump:)

Watson's Landscaping
03-10-2008, 06:28 PM
March Bump
Almost time for spring clean ups just need to get all the ****en snow to melt

Green Team Landscaping
06-22-2008, 10:20 PM
how much do you charge people to take away their leaves?

RedMax Man
06-22-2008, 10:25 PM
how much do you charge people to take away their leaves?

Depends how much leaves and how large the property is. On average most properties run around $300. Some are much larger and others are smaller. Also depends how many cleanups we do during the fall. Sometimes we do a few small cleanups or one large cleanup late in the season.

NEWGUYRI
12-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Red Max Man: who is your dealer

STIHL GUY
12-14-2008, 12:19 AM
nice set up you got there

Kennedy Landscaping
12-14-2008, 02:11 AM
Bump!....lol

hseeder
01-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Trudeau and Kennedy, I realize this is a older thread, but you two do fantastic work!!!! Here in NY there are so many guys running around claiming to be landscapers, with the economy, I decided that the construction side which was rather slow last year, and will most likely remain that way I decided to go back to maintenance. You two are truly an inspiration. I am twice your age and honestly, the idea of starting again so to speak scares the h*ll out of me as I am so out of touch with this side of the industry and the equipment now, I don;t know where to start. The dealer around here carry just exmark toro and scag, which do nothing com[pared to the walkers.

Any how, I just wanted to comment on the intense quality of the work you guys do, and how much of an inspiration you two are. I have read alot of the threads here and seen the comments on the working for some one else side, I have to tell you, I hold a degree in landscape design and management, yo two are far ahead of any thing around here, and have educated yourselves obviously with the quality of work you do. Congratulations and keep it up, you are going to be extremely successful and become icons for others to learn from.

ALarsh
01-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Trudeau and Kennedy, I realize this is a older thread, but you two do fantastic work!!!! Here in NY there are so many guys running around claiming to be landscapers, with the economy, I decided that the construction side which was rather slow last year, and will most likely remain that way I decided to go back to maintenance. You two are truly an inspiration. I am twice your age and honestly, the idea of starting again so to speak scares the h*ll out of me as I am so out of touch with this side of the industry and the equipment now, I don;t know where to start. The dealer around here carry just exmark toro and scag, which do nothing com[pared to the walkers.

Any how, I just wanted to comment on the intense quality of the work you guys do, and how much of an inspiration you two are. I have read alot of the threads here and seen the comments on the working for some one else side, I have to tell you, I hold a degree in landscape design and management, yo two are far ahead of any thing around here, and have educated yourselves obviously with the quality of work you do. Congratulations and keep it up, you are going to be extremely successful and become icons for others to learn from.

Woah... Yeah they do do good work and have a lot going for them at a young age, but it is pretty easy to do good work when you are on all the jobs (not to degrade what they have accomplished). I have found that it is a real test to still do the same quality work with employees. That is the hard part.

hseeder
01-22-2009, 12:17 PM
The employee thing I am convinced is never going to happen. Unless you have a sub that truly values what a job is when it is done, I am convinced it is hopeless. That is a huge portion of why I got away from maintenance so long ago, It didn't matter what I did, it was never done my way, and at the time there was much more money in the construction, so I ended up with my ex wife handling the maintenance and as I said, never going to be the way you would do it. Any how, the fact that they are in their teens and Kennedy his mid teens is truly inspirational. To see that there are guys out there that hold similiar if not the same values as those of us that succeeded and still do. I have gotten to the point that I look for their posts along with a few other LS members and am finding the inspiration I have looked for for the past several years. Guys thank you and keep it up.

nnj18
01-22-2009, 12:27 PM
I disagree with you ^^^ look up my thread "J&J Fall '08" most of the fall cleanups was done with me running around and a "foreman" running 2-3 guys.

ALarsh
01-22-2009, 12:36 PM
There are a couple large companies around here (25+ trucks) that do just as good work posted in these pictures, day in and day out with employees. I wonder how they do it sometimes.

ALarsh
01-22-2009, 01:44 PM
I disagree with you ^^^ look up my thread "J&J Fall '08" most of the fall cleanups was done with me running around and a "foreman" running 2-3 guys.

I was talking about without the owner there.

Don't get me wrong, doing good work and should keep it up!

Good luck in spring guys!

Petr51488
01-22-2009, 01:51 PM

Hey, any updates with what your doing now?

RedMax Man
01-22-2009, 10:04 PM
There are a couple large companies around here (25+ trucks) that do just as good work posted in these pictures, day in and day out with employees. I wonder how they do it sometimes.

Management is KEY. Good management of employees and the co. as a whole is whats gona make or break it. only money and resources isn't gona do it successfully in the long run.

Kennedy Landscaping
01-22-2009, 10:10 PM

Thanks for reading and the kind words. Its a good business to be in IMO as long as you can get past the initial start up and charge correctly :waving:

hseeder
01-23-2009, 06:22 AM
Austin you are so right here. As I said previously though, you and Micah are inspiring to get through it. I started with my Dad when I actually 11, so I got a great background, then decided after my second child was born that some extra pocket money would be nice, "I'll go cut some lawns." Well many years later I have a degree in it, and all the larger equipment for the construction aspect ie: skidsteer, excavator, tractor, dozer, dump truck, trailers out the wazoo, firewood processor - though I wish this one was a timberwolf as was the last, hydro seeder etc. I really just need to buy the cheaper equipment now, but as I mentioned the dealers here are limited to Toro Exmark, Scag. I have owned all three in the past, and was more content with the exmark than anything else, but at 12k now, not going that route, am looking at Ferris today, they have the best financing right now. I thought about a BOP unit, and still haven;t dismissed that yet. I am fortunate I have a very good relationship with one of the district managers here of oine of our convenient stores, I actually do most of my plowing for them and foolishly passed up the opportunity to handle the landscaping last year, but had to get some finances straight and the price of gas took pricing out of the ball park to what I believed was reasonable. I have plowed for them for years now, and should have a very strong shot at acquiring the landscape work. What really got my attention to it was the fact that I do well plowing snow (no where near what it used to be but it is profitable) I have the firewood side of things doing well (provided you can find material to make into firewood - alot of loggers around here went out of business last year with the outrageous diesel prices and huge equipment costs), so why not return to the maintenance side of the game and get the steady income going again. I sat and did quick numbers before I got out of work yesterday morning, and really see no reason why I can not achieve at least 150k. I actually follow the threads that you and Micah have up particularly the pictures ones, as it brings back to me how satisfying I found it to be before. I actually joined the site to read up on the past several yrs of changes as I have been out of touch with it so long, and saw a thread of Micah's and was amazed at his equipment and started reading it more, then came across one of yours as we have a Kennedy's Lawn and Landscaping company here and thought you might be them, then low and behold saw your pictures, read some more and started following yours also. There are a few others I read as well, it just amazes me the amount of sarcasm here, a few people on here really need to adjust their attitudes, I see this site as some place to share and gain information, see what others through out the industry are using for avenues to survive this economy and as I have successfully done find the inspiration to restart and keep going. Thanks again.

hseeder
01-23-2009, 06:51 AM
ALarsh and nnj18 you guys are missing the point. These guys are out there humping it right off and leaving a site looking fantastic. For me they are an inspiration, I have been where I had 6 crews out running around working their azs off getting it done, these guys are getting it accomplished with minimal manpower, minimal age experience (not bashing here) and taking an extraordinary amount of pride - obviously in their quality and from what I can see in the pictures doing it the way it is supposed to be done, furthermore they are half my age, and obviously have the old fashioned values. In the area of New York I am in, people are more focused on the quickest route to make a buck and to h*ll with the quality. Quality has always been my focus, and if it isn;t what I would pay for, then it isn't done. These guys are going into landscape disasters, and leaving magazine pictures, to me that is inspirational, it reminds me of what can be done, and how rewarding it is.

Am I going out of my way to issue them a pat on the back, I guess I am, because I think that they have and continue to carve out their mark on the business and in my opinion they deserve it. I am sure that there are embers here that are established and take just as much pride in what they are doing, but we are talking about a couple guys that started with minimal except for desire and integrity and have managed to create optimum results. I truly could care less about running around all over the place with a foreman running the sites, or 25+ trucks bouncing around getting the job done, not my approach but if it works for the people for taking that approach great.

What amazes me is that there are some on here that regardless of what the topic is, they are obviously so full of themselves or insecure with their accomplishments that they can not recognize when people see something extraordinary going on and remark on it, but rather to take the focus off what is being discussed they have to hand out some sort of sarcasm.

nnj18
01-23-2009, 10:00 AM

I know thats why I said look it up, I wasnt on a few of those jobs.....its all about attitude, if you can find the right guy with the right attitude and pay him well enough you wont have the problems most guys do....

hseeder I'm not missing anything.....I'm 18 and had a 3-4 man crew this fall, lots of jobs they did without me and they did an awesome job. All I saying was that I disagree strongly with people who think and say having crews out = less quality of work...

Micah, sorry.

nnj18
01-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Management is KEY. Good management of employees and the co. as a whole is whats gona make or break it. only money and resources isn't gona do it successfully in the long run.

I agree with you 100%, and a local company here PROVES that. They've been in business for 20+ years, with many crews but TERRIBLE management. Many guys think they will go out soon and many of us wonder how they've not gone under already with some of the stuff that goes on with their workers. (I'd rather not say on a public forums, but if you pm I'll gladly tell you about the MANY times police have been involved)

Kennedy Landscaping
01-23-2009, 10:26 AM
nnj, that sounds like a pretty crappy operation this guy is running.

nnj18
01-23-2009, 10:32 AM
nnj, that sounds like a pretty crappy operation this guy is running.

oh yah just a bit and it pisses a ton of guys off 'cause his customers think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, they do shyt work and have shyt employees.....oh and shyt equipment. I worked there so I would know........

I think I may make a thread about it now lol

Ben's Landscape
02-02-2009, 08:58 PM
I know this is old but really nice work!! Trudeau i like your set up if you don't mind me asking how many clean ups did you do this year??

RedMax Man
02-02-2009, 09:31 PM
I know this is old but really nice work!! Trudeau i like your set up if you don't mind me asking how many clean ups did you do this year??

around 45 cleanups. i dnt have the list right in front of me.

minix
02-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Im working on one of them now

AnthonyStanley11
02-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Looks like a good job! Thanks for posting the pics!