PDA

View Full Version : Fall Cleanup Action Pics!!!

Pages : [1] 2

RedMax Man
11-02-2007, 09:03 PM
This is my oversized cleanup fleet. We havent finished everything on the box yet, got a few things to add and improve but worked on it till after 10:00 last night so we could try out today. I need to do some painting, add lights, tarp the mesh so the leaf particles don't blow out, fix the rear doors the i added, do some lettering and a few other things to have everything working flawlessly. The box was put on with a huge front-end loader (sorry so pics of that but it was very tricky and kinda crazy but it worked)

Main Equipment used for cleanups:
Ford F-350
EZ-Dumper - 5' steel leaf box
Billy Goat 16hp. leaf loader
RedMax EBZ8000, EBZ7001 back pack blowers, 2600 handheld blower
Walker 20hp GHS mower
...Rakes of course

The truck is 10' off the ground at the top of the box.

Here are some action pics from a big cleanup we did today. The guy in the pics is my helper.

RedMax Man
11-02-2007, 09:04 PM
More action...

deere615
11-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Looks good your leaf box and loader looks nice!

SimonCX
11-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Just wondering is that the mesh tarp from northern tool? How is it working out and is there alot of blowout because my canvas top works great but when the loader is on it looks like I have a ballon in the truck.

newtostone
11-03-2007, 12:34 AM
By chance do you have air bags on your truck in the rear?? If so where did you get them and how much? Thanks in advance.

RedMax Man
11-03-2007, 08:44 AM
Just wondering is that the mesh tarp from northern tool? How is it working out and is there alot of blowout because my canvas top works great but when the loader is on it looks like I have a ballon in the truck.

Yes its from Northerntool.com. I works great, lets the air out but keeps the debris inside. Its doesn't "balloon up" when the loader is running. I need to cover all the mesh on the box because it still blows dust through. They come is many sizes.
By chance do you have air bags on your truck in the rear?? If so where did you get them and how much? Thanks in advance.

Yes those are airbags but they only have 30psi in them, that truck barely sags but i'm going to put more in them. I bought this truck off another kid so they were already on. I know AWDirect.com has them. cost 200 - 350 bucks i think.

thanks for the comments everyone, keep 'em coming. More pics to come.

RedMax Man
11-03-2007, 08:50 AM
Working on the box at 10 pm. Thursday night....

Lawn Enforcer
11-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Everything looks great! I bet that black Ford looks pretty dirty after all those clean-ups!

SimonCX
11-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Do you have to take your loader off to dump? I was going to mount mine on the tailgate but it's heavy to get on and off, so I mounted it on the front on the traler. I wish someone would come out with a hitch that has a cage for the loader and be able to hook up a trailer at the same time, hopefully I can make one that works for next year over the winter.

Matts lawn care
11-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Nice setup you have there, quite a step up from last year. How many jobs have you gotten from the "you rake them we take them" sign?

RedMax Man
11-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Do you have to take your loader off to dump? I was going to mount mine on the tailgate but it's heavy to get on and off, so I mounted it on the front on the traler. I wish someone would come out with a hitch that has a cage for the loader and be able to hook up a trailer at the same time, hopefully I can make one that works for next year over the winter.
Yeah i have to take it off, i thought of mounting it on the trailer but i don't want to have the trailer on all the time.

Nice setup you have there, quite a step up from last year. How many jobs have you gotten from the "you rake them we take them" sign?

I'm a huge step up from last year. I don't think i've gotten any jobs from that slogan but it sure gets people's attention. I've heard people say it out load as i drive by. I'm hopefully going to put more lettering and a ph. # on. That slogan was there when i bought the box so i just left it.

Thanks

cantoo
11-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Redmax man take a look at my leaf loader. Not a real good picture but this is what you need on your truck. Hose just fits inside the hole on the box, it pops in on it's own as it's lowered. Takes me wife seconds to dump by herself. No lifting no heavy and swinging loader. The loader is mounted into a 2" receiver under the front bumper.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=87939

Landscape89
11-04-2007, 01:14 AM
Very Very nice! You gotta snap some shots of the Little Wonders and Redmax's along with the Walker in action! Good Luck w/ Clean ups buddy! payup

PORTER 05
11-04-2007, 08:13 AM
way to go man, its great to see some young guys working late like that on youre own stuff and trying to make somthing for youreself and taking pride in it!

everytime i pick up the newspaper theres always some junkies in there getting busted for drugs and stuff, there all like 20-21-22-23 ect..

keep it up man, you will go far!!!!

RedMax Man
11-04-2007, 08:28 AM
Redmax man take a look at my leaf loader. Not a real good picture but this is what you need on your truck. Hose just fits inside the hole on the box, it pops in on it's own as it's lowered. Takes me wife seconds to dump by herself. No lifting no heavy and swinging loader. The loader is mounted into a 2" receiver under the front bumper.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=87939
Thats a unique design. I see simialar ones here too. Do leaves ever get stuck in that long chute above the cab? I dunno if i'd like to have a tube and loader block my visibility and space infront of the truck. I would need to try it i guess. Thanks for sharing.
Very Very nice! You gotta snap some shots of the Little Wonders and Redmax's along with the Walker in action! Good Luck w/ Clean ups buddy! payup
I will get more pics this week.
way to go man, its great to see some young guys working late like that on youre own stuff and trying to make somthing for youreself and taking pride in it!

everytime i pick up the newspaper theres always some junkies in there getting busted for drugs and stuff, there all like 20-21-22-23 ect..

keep it up man, you will go far!!!!

Thanks, just trying to make everything work as smoothly as possible. Its sad that so much of society is just loosing their self-confidence and ambition.

RedMax Man
11-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Picture of the old rear doors before i cut them off:

deere615
11-04-2007, 05:44 PM
You fixed them doors nicely. I love those battery operated dewalt Tools!

Supper Grassy
11-04-2007, 07:58 PM
looks good

lifetree
11-04-2007, 08:04 PM
I'm impressed !!

cantoo
11-04-2007, 08:37 PM
redmax man, I only had the tube plug once and that was with wet snow on the leaves. It just wouldn't suck wirth a crap. The pics show the tube being a piece of plastic flex hose I have since changed it to galvanized heating pipe and it works really well and is very cheap. Visibility doesn't seem to be a problem for me.
I also have my back doors hinged at the top if you look close in the pics you can see the tiedown strap that holds it shut. Cheap quick and easy to dump. We can also take the doors off in a couple of minutes to haul brush if needed.

RedMax Man
11-04-2007, 09:52 PM
You fixed them doors nicely. I love those battery operated dewalt Tools!
Thanks! thats one of my Dad's many Dewalt cordless tools.
looks good
Thanks!
I'm impressed !!
Thanks!
redmax man, I only had the tube plug once and that was with wet snow on the leaves. It just wouldn't suck wirth a crap. The pics show the tube being a piece of plastic flex hose I have since changed it to galvanized heating pipe and it works really well and is very cheap. Visibility doesn't seem to be a problem for me.
I also have my back doors hinged at the top if you look close in the pics you can see the tiedown strap that holds it shut. Cheap quick and easy to dump. We can also take the doors off in a couple of minutes to haul brush if needed.
Is the heating pipe heavy.
Where would i get tubing to make a longer chute? I was going to make the blower go to the top hole but i couldn't find plastic tubing and my equipment dealer told me that the black tube is very expecive for leaf loaders. We've spent so much time and effort working this thing to get every thing right that at this point i just want it finished and don't plan on making any other major changes. Probably could have spent less time and money if i just built a box from scratch out of wood. Live and learn, I will propably do something different next year.

cantoo
11-04-2007, 10:35 PM
redmax man, the heating pipe is very light but also very thin. It works fine on the flat but would wear out very quickly on a bend. It's about $6 for a 5' length. I made my own loader pipe extension out of 1/8" steel. Not sure where you live but farm supply places should be able to hook you up with the riser extension you need pretty easily. Just measure the size or better yet take the piece with you for them to size up. A welding shop could also make one for you.

AndyTblc
11-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Where do you dump all your leaves?

capecodlawn
11-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Where did you get the decals, "you rake we take em" looks like you slapped them on yourself....very nice, I like and more reasonable then sign company?

Or perhaps you had them installed?

Lemme know! Thanks, B

RedMax Man
11-05-2007, 09:38 PM
redmax man, the heating pipe is very light but also very thin. It works fine on the flat but would wear out very quickly on a bend. It's about $6 for a 5' length. I made my own loader pipe extension out of 1/8" steel. Not sure where you live but farm supply places should be able to hook you up with the riser extension you need pretty easily. Just measure the size or better yet take the piece with you for them to size up. A welding shop could also make one for you.

Thanks for all the info. I really appreciate it and will use it when i make improvments.

Micah
Where do you dump all your leaves?

Near my house down the street basically off a steep embankment into the woods.
Where did you get the decals, "you rake we take em" looks like you slapped them on yourself....very nice, I like and more reasonable then sign company?

Or perhaps you had them installed?

Lemme know! Thanks, B

They were on the box when on bought it so it just left them and painted around them. It looks a little funky but the box is on the truck less than 2 months. I plan on adding some more lettering soon.

AndyTblc
11-05-2007, 09:51 PM
So do you plan on adding any more trucks or equipment to your fleet for next year?

RedMax Man
11-05-2007, 10:24 PM
So do you plan on adding any more trucks or equipment to your fleet for next year?

This is my wish list i guess: [Most likely won't do any of this until about winter or in the spring.]
Trade the 48" Toro for a 52" Wright Stander
Enclosed trailer ( still keep the open one though, they are very handy)
Maybe trade my current Walker for a newer model.

1ton Diesel dump truck would be nice but i dunno if i can afford one easily yet. Good thing though is my truck and equipment that i have now is all paid for and completely owned by me.

AndyTblc
11-05-2007, 10:27 PM
how much did you truck cost. And what type of insurance policy do you have on it.

RedMax Man
11-05-2007, 10:34 PM
how much did you truck cost. And what type of insurance policy do you have on it.

$7400 w/ 8' Fisher plow. Commercial.

N.H.BOY
11-05-2007, 10:52 PM
WOW $7500 bucks for that truck?? Good deal my man IMO:clapping:

AndyTblc
11-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Does that engine feel a little wimpy and wish you had the bigger engine, or is the 5.4 ok for what you do.

RedMax Man
11-05-2007, 10:57 PM
WOW $7500 bucks for that truck?? Good deal my man IMO:clapping:

No $7400:)

Not bad i think,
it had 140,000+ miles when i bought it less than a year ago. Has almost 147,000 Miles now.

RedMax Man
11-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Does that engine feel a little wimpy and wish you had the bigger engine, or is the 5.4 ok for what you do.

No it's fine for what i use it for. I doesn't feel like its struggling when i am pulling the trailer and have to dump insert plus leaf box on it. A V10 or diesel would be great but the truck doesn't feel overworked. I would say considering its a 1 ton truck i think the 5.4L is undersided of its going to be used to work like a most trucks of the same size.

fiveoboy01
11-06-2007, 02:08 AM
Very nice, did the loader come with the truck?

I keep looking at loaders, I think I need to get one by next fall....

I see it's a BG loader, what HP/type of motor is on it?

RedMax Man
11-06-2007, 08:02 AM
Very nice, did the loader come with the truck?

I keep looking at loaders, I think I need to get one by next fall....

I see it's a BG loader, what HP/type of motor is on it?

Thanks,

No the loader did not come with the truck.

I bought the truck off of one landscaper.

The dump insert and leaf box were bought off another landscaper.

And the leaf loader was bought off even another landscaper.

Billy Goat 16hp Briggs & Stratton Vanguard engine. Its a popular and reliable motor found on many brand of leaf vacs.

Dump insert cost $1000
Leaf box cost $500
Billy Goat loader cost $700

fiveoboy01
11-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Hmm that sounds like a real good price.

Had many problems with it? How many hours were on it when you bought it(if it had an hourmeter)?

RedMax Man
11-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Hmm that sounds like a real good price.

Had many problems with it? How many hours were on it when you bought it(if it had an hourmeter)?

The lco that i bought the leaf loader from several weeks ago lives in the next town over from me and i know him well. He has 2 that are the same and sold me one and kept the other. As far as i know he didn't get them new. Only major thing i had to do was get the pull rope replaced because it was wearing out and going to break. I brought it to my dealer and he did that plus replaced filters, oil, spark plug and other maintenance related stuff to make sure it was in top shape. Tune-up cost $129, $81 was of that was just his labor. It runs well and shreds leaves almost to powder. The blade is quite new. It came with the small extention, tube, extention bar to hold the tube upright and right-angle chute. This is how ever an older model, i think the newer BG loaders have square tubed fram instead of round but the engine is the same has the newer models. I don't know the hours but it starts easy, shreds well, and loads fine.

Do you have a dump insert or trailer that you could mount a loader on or would you build a box on the pickup bed?

-Micah-

fiveoboy01
11-06-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm not sure what I'd do.

I guess I will see next fall, I am wanting to buy a dump trailer for next year but don't know if the funds will be there. I'd put a box on that.

Otherwise I could put a leaf box on like you have, but I'd think it would be somewhat hard to unload if packed with leaves.

RedMax Man
11-06-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm not sure what I'd do.

I guess I will see next fall, I am wanting to buy a dump trailer for next year but don't know if the funds will be there. I'd put a box on that.

Otherwise I could put a leaf box on like you have, but I'd think it would be somewhat hard to unload if packed with leaves.

The dump trailer setups are great when you have 2 trucks so one pulls the equipment and the other does the leaves. Also the trailer can be used almost year round like the dump insert so it would pay for itself after not to long. You have plenty of time to decide and hopefully and snowy winter ahead of us. You could alway just get and used insert or trailer like i did and save a few bucks.

I think a leaf box on a bed with no dump insert would be challenging to unload unless you put one of those Load Handlers on the floor.

cantoo
11-06-2007, 07:01 PM
I bought my Chev 1 ton diesel used in the summer I ripped the box off and built a flat bed for it. I used the Chev all fall as it was and in early fall I bought an old Ford 350 with a rusty old dump insert on it. In the winter I took the dump insert off the Ford stripped it apart and scrapped the insert keeping the hoist, pump and controls. Then I added the hoist and controls to the Chev with flat bed to convert it to a dump. That had the Chev set up with a 9' long x 7' wide dumping flat bed. Then I built a 10' flat deck on the Ford and sold it. Selling the Ford paid for most of the Chev and the materials to build the hoist. We are retiring the Chev this winter and are replacing it with a Chev 3/4 ton that I bought a month ago. It has a box on it now that I will remove and already have sold for $600. Then I will build a new flatbed and mount the new pump I just bought and a little longer post for steeper lifting. I have a guy lined up to buy the old Chev for firewood delivery. The way I do it my trucks kind of pay for themselves and I am just out my labor. After having a dumpbed I will never be without one again.

ch973934
11-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Hey fiveohboy...You could always put a leaf box on the p/u and load the leaves into the p/u bed. Then when you go to off-load, drop the tailgate put the vac hose into the load and turn the chute to the pile and off-load that way. I agree not the easiest way to do it (or most attractive) but I mean it's a thought. A guy I know has been doing that since he bought his first truck loader 10 yrs ago. Every winter after his clean-ups are done he says "next year I'm getting some kinda dump." Haha. I think Giant-Vac has a pic of the same sorta thing on their website too... But w/e you decide good luck!

Redmax, I like the leaf box on your truck, sleek with the all black, good luck to you too!

fiveoboy01
11-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Yeah I thought of that, I don't think it would be difficult as long as you could turn the discharge chute around fairly easy....

Lawn Enforcer
11-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Everything looks great and all your stuff just keeps getting better, keep it up bud! I wish I could get a dump insert in my truck, problem is I only have the 1/2 ton Ram.

DK lawn care
11-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Redmax man, after seeing that pic of ur truck , i was wondering where u got the Ford Trucks mud flaps?

AndyTblc
11-08-2007, 07:47 PM
You can get ford mud flaps from autozone, but not like his, you can go to your local ford dealer. They will be able to get them. but I"m sure those were on his when he bought it.

RedMax Man
11-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Redmax, I like the leaf box on your truck, sleek with the all black, good luck to you too!
Thanks.

Everything looks great and all your stuff just keeps getting better, keep it up bud! I wish I could get a dump insert in my truck, problem is I only have the 1/2 ton Ram.

I don't really know how well it woud hold one. From what i've seen Dodge suspensions are pretty soft and sag easily. I know of someone with a reg. cab. 8' bed Dodge 2500 that has a dump inset.
Redmax man, after seeing that pic of ur truck , i was wondering where u got the Ford Trucks mud flaps?
They were on the truck when i bought it but i saw them in a jcwhitney catalog once. I wanted to get the "built ford tough" mud faps but i can't find them anywhere.

RedMax Man
11-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Some pictures from today:

RedMax Man
11-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Last job of the day gets finished in the dark like usual. Couldn't get any after pics but it was completely cleaned up.

mattfromNY
11-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Looks Awesome!
Dont want to steal your thread, just add a pic of my 'Late night project' we've been using this week, it is working very well. :waving: :waving:

RedMax Man
11-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Looks Awesome!
Dont want to steal your thread, just add a pic of my 'Late night project' we've been using this week, it is working very well. :waving: :waving:

Those Little Wonders are extremely nice. I was looking at them at my dealer a few weeks ago because they were assembling several of them. What did that unit cost? I'd like to upgrade to one next time.

rfed32
11-08-2007, 10:37 PM
lookin good man keep up the good work...

RedMax Man
11-09-2007, 06:49 PM
lookin good man keep up the good work...

Thanks, i'll do my best.

Some of todays jobs & dumping the leaves...

RedMax Man
11-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Last 2 properties were finished in the dark so the pictures arn't very clear.

RedMax Man
11-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Last 2. Its tough to get a decent picture when it was dusk and getting darker by the minute. It was about 4:30 PM.

SimonCX
11-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Where did you get your lightbar, I'm looking to get a small orange lightbar and mount it to the top the the cab protecter of the insert.

RedMax Man
11-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Where did you get your lightbar, I'm looking to get a small orange lightbar and mount it to the top the the cab protecter of the insert.

It was on the truck when i got it. Its a popular model, Whelen mini edge storbe light. Double alternating flashes. sirennet.com and awdirect.com carry them as well as many other places. Cost around $400 new. I'm planning on swapping it out before winter with an LED mini light bar if you'ed be interested in it. It's very bright.

mattfromNY
11-09-2007, 08:29 PM
I actually got a great deal on my little wonder. I found it on E-bay, dealer had it brand new, special ordered it last year for someone, but they never picked it up. List is $3299, I bought it for $2000 and got the $100 rebate from Little Wonder. Brand new w/ warranty.
The thing is an animal, we've been sucking up all the leaves, dead flowers, hostas, peonies, you name it (obviously we cut the flowers first). We either blow all the leaves to the truck, or tarp all the flowers, plants, etc. and send 'em for a ride. I'm amazed at how it grinds everything up and packs it into the trailer. Last year we had a few lawns that we had to make multiple trips b/c the trailer would fill up and we couldn't pack the leaves any more, this year we've been getting 3-4 BIG cleanups into the trailer before we have to dump. Saves a lot of trips back and forth. I actually picked up a full bottle of beer today, sucked it right up and BLAM!!! (Student housing by the college)

RedMax Man
11-09-2007, 08:52 PM
I actually got a great deal on my little wonder. I found it on E-bay, dealer had it brand new, special ordered it last year for someone, but they never picked it up. List is $3299, I bought it for $2000 and got the $100 rebate from Little Wonder. Brand new w/ warranty.
The thing is an animal, we've been sucking up all the leaves, dead flowers, hostas, peonies, you name it (obviously we cut the flowers first). We either blow all the leaves to the truck, or tarp all the flowers, plants, etc. and send 'em for a ride. I'm amazed at how it grinds everything up and packs it into the trailer. Last year we had a few lawns that we had to make multiple trips b/c the trailer would fill up and we couldn't pack the leaves any more, this year we've been getting 3-4 BIG cleanups into the trailer before we have to dump. Saves a lot of trips back and forth. I actually picked up a full bottle of beer today, sucked it right up and BLAM!!! (Student housing by the college)

That is a good price. I had a similar situation when i bought my Little Wonder edger. Someone brought it in for a service and never picked it up, i got it for $150 and it was pretty new. My loader shredds well but has gotten clogged a couple times right in the elbow of the chute above the impeller because it was sucking up grass clipping and some leaves that had already been shredded by the mower so they were very dence. Your's is very nice and shreds debris even finer i'm sure. How many HP is the engine? mines a 16hp. b&g.

deere615
11-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Nice pics, I hate that it is getting dark so early now. It feels like 9 oclock really its only 6!

mattfromNY
11-10-2007, 03:18 AM
Yeah, mine is 16 hp., too. Its never plugged above the blower, just in the pick-up tube. We've sent some really nasty wads of stuff through it, if it was ever going to plug above the blower, it certainly would have by now. Next, I'll probably try to get a smooth-bore suction hose, but other than that, no complaints at all.

yardmanlee
11-10-2007, 07:02 AM
we had our first finishing up in the dark clean-ups last nite
finished about 7 probably more to come !!! nice job on your set up there redmax man

Landscape89
11-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Redmax Man.. I probably missed it in your signature. All the equipment looks very good, what size trailer is that?

RedMax Man
11-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Redmax Man.. I probably missed it in your signature. All the equipment looks very good, what size trailer is that?

6.5 X 12'

Think its time to upsize but i will still keep this one. Hopefully next year.

RedMax Man
11-10-2007, 06:42 PM
We worked all day in New Hampshire. Here are some pics.............

RedMax Man
11-10-2007, 06:45 PM
The after pics...

yardmanlee
11-10-2007, 06:49 PM
how many clean-ups do ya'll do at each property during leaf season ?

RedMax Man
11-10-2007, 06:51 PM
We did the property across the street also but it was to dark to take decent after pictures when we finished. There was a large back yard also.

RedMax Man
11-10-2007, 06:53 PM
2 more from before.

RedMax Man
11-10-2007, 06:58 PM
how many clean-ups do ya'll do at each property during leaf season ?

At least 2. Both of these properties pictured that we just did today will be done again around Thanksgiving. Many of my regular clients i come every few weeks to do a cleanup but they all get 2 - 3 large leaf cleanups.

I have myself and one helper working on each job. Sometimes 2 helpers like i did for part of today.

mike33087
11-10-2007, 07:11 PM
i like the u rake it stuff but how do they know ur ##

yardmanlee
11-10-2007, 07:17 PM
and if ya dont mind me askin whats the average price for a clean up like that up there ? and how much time does it take ?

cantoo
11-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Redmax, we put the deck up a little and do a quick cleanup of the leaves on the lawn then drop the deck down to cut the top off the grass. That way you don't have grass mixed in with the leaves in the pile (causes plugging) From your stripes it looks like you are driving slow trying to pick up the leaves and cut the grass at the same time.
What are you using for a screen on your Walker? Have you tried the new bigger screen? Been thinking of getting one but keep forgetting to get one, our dealer is a couple of hours away.
We installed the leaf loader and box this morning. My wife started cleanups today so I will tell her to get some pictures. I was cutting trees and still have more to do tomorrow. I'm not sure which is harder work.

RedMax Man
11-10-2007, 08:02 PM
i like the u rake it stuff but how do they know ur ##

The box is supposed to get more lettering and a ph. # soon but the sign guys is still working on the layout. I bought that box off another lco and removed his company name and stuff but left the slogan.

RedMax Man
11-10-2007, 08:15 PM
and if ya dont mind me askin whats the average price for a clean up like that up there ? and how much time does it take ?

Most are $200 - $300. The second property pictured cost $300 and took a full 4 hours to do. We will come back and to do second cleanup at the end of the month and the owner is interested in hiring us for weeky maintenance. Prices really depends on the size of the yard. I do properties of all sizes. I try to get at least $75 an hr. Cleanups start at $150 unless the customer is a regular client has has us come more often then its often a little less. Last week we did a lawn where we were getting 90hr. including the 10% discount flier that the customer got. So it would have been a $100 an hr. It all averages out in the end with properties getting at least 2 cleanups and some jobs going faster or slower.

RedMax Man
11-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Redmax, we put the deck up a little and do a quick cleanup of the leaves on the lawn then drop the deck down to cut the top off the grass. That way you don't have grass mixed in with the leaves in the pile (causes plugging) From your stripes it looks like you are driving slow trying to pick up the leaves and cut the grass at the same time.
What are you using for a screen on your Walker? Have you tried the new bigger screen? Been thinking of getting one but keep forgetting to get one, our dealer is a couple of hours away.
We installed the leaf loader and box this morning. My wife started cleanups today so I will tell her to get some pictures. I was cutting trees and still have more to do tomorrow. I'm not sure which is harder work.

Yes i often do that also. That lawn pictured is very new ( 4th cut after being hydro-seeded ) so i didn't want to go over it twice because than it looks worse and gets "matted down". My screen has the smaller holes, I was going to get the one with larger holes but never got around to doing it. I thought my dealer was a little far, only about 20 - 25 minutes. Cleanups are very physical and take alot of endurance but the Walker saves alot of time and reduce the use of other tools that might normally be used. Just blow around the edges of the property and go over the lawn once or twice with the Walker and the job is done. When there are deep piles of leaves then we'll tarp them first so i don't have to dump the catcher so many times.

cantoo
11-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Redmax, here is a pic showing the heating pipe I use. I forgot to mention the 12" piece of flex on the end that pops into the hole in the box. Sometimes we have to wack it with the rake to make it go in but usually it pops right in. My wife did a bunch of jobs today.

RedMax Man
11-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Redmax, here is a pic showing the heating pipe I use. I forgot to mention the 12" piece of flex on the end that pops into the hole in the box. Sometimes we have to wack it with the rake to make it go in but usually it pops right in. My wife did a bunch of jobs today.

That stove pipe would definity improve the flow inside the tube for leaves. I need to change the way my intake flex tube is held up by that folding bar. I just have a chain at the end supporting the tube and not one in the middle. I do have those wide hose clamps so I could put them back on. Do you like having a handle at the end? I just rake the leaves in or hold the tube on top of the pile. The debris have to flow in evenly so it sucks more efficiantly and doesn't get clogged at the top elbow if the debris is really dence.

Pro-Turf, LLC
11-11-2007, 08:35 AM
how many times do you find yourself going over the lawn with your walker to get all the leaves...i usually have to go over it 2 or 3 times and i think thats rediculas...even if theres only a few leaves it wont pic them up!

RedMax Man
11-11-2007, 08:45 AM
how many times do you find yourself going over the lawn with your walker to get all the leaves...i usually have to go over it 2 or 3 times and i think thats rediculas...even if theres only a few leaves it wont pic them up!

I rarely ever go more than twice. Depending on how thick or long the lawn is affects how well it holds the leaves. I think 2 passes is normal for most cleanups.

RedMax Man
11-11-2007, 05:52 PM
I was out today and saw a local landscaper with a very similar leaf truck and setup as yours. He had a Chevy or GMC 3500 with a dumpbody and plywood leaf box. He had the leaf loader mounted on the front and a really long pipe that looked exactly like your galvy stove pipe. Only difference basically was that the trucks was red. Just though yoy might get a kick out of that. To bad i didn't have a camara. Maybe i'll see them again. The truck was parked at their location where they keep their equipment.

lawnkid
11-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Pro-Turf & RedMax Man,
Same situation here. We blow out all the leaves onto the lawn areas and do an initial pass to get the big stuff. We then take the backpack blowers and loosen any of the small clippings that weren't picked up in the spotty areas or leaves that were matted down. We then make a second pass with the Walker and it usually picks up everything. It's time consuming but works well. My machine is only a 20hp unit and I've used my buddy's 26hp unit and it's the same, just doens't clog as easily. Both of ours have the smaller blower housing too. From what the dealer says, the new bigger housing sucks leaves better. Wondering how well the diesel Walker sucks. Looking to probably replace my 20hp unit and add another with the diesel models in the spring.

newtostone
11-11-2007, 09:09 PM
If anyone can help me out tonight, in the morning I am looking to get something to connect my leaf loader and dump trailer. I currently have the leaf loader mounted in the bed of my 1-Ton and need 6.5' of pipe at 9". Please any ideas? PVC? Plumbing store? Where is everyone getting theirs?

mattfromNY
11-11-2007, 09:23 PM
newtostone- scroll up to my previous post, I posted a pic of my dump trailer with loader mounted to the front. It works well, I just bolted to the front of my trailer. It goes up with the trailer when I dump, no need to connect or disconnect hoses.
Hope it helps,
Matt.

newtostone
11-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Matt Could you take some(many) pictures for me to see. I have a lesco and didnt think about just bolding it on. Also wasnt sure how to mount it towards the front, as that is what i wanted to do. I am doing leaf cleanups now full time till winter, but would love to set it up the way you have it. thanks for the fast reply!

mattfromNY
11-11-2007, 09:35 PM
I'll try to get some more pics soon. So far, the only trouble I've had would be forgetting to direct the blower chute down to put the first batch of leaves into the middle of the trailer. On one of my cleanups, we put a fair amount of wet leaves in, they all blew to the back and piled up, then the trailer swayed on the way to dump them, b/c of all the tail weight.
On the opposite side from the pick up hose, I have now mounted my ladder b/c we've picked up lots of gutter cleaning jobs while we are doing leaves. Nice little up charge, and we're already on site, so why not.

dalmatianlandscaping
11-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Hey RedMax Man where are you dumping in the Lowell area? If you don't mind me asking?

RedMax Man
11-12-2007, 08:17 AM
Hey RedMax Man where are you dumping in the Lowell area? If you don't mind me asking?

Right now i'm dumping in the woods of a private property close by. Also many of the properties don't require the leaves to be taken away so we dump them in the woods onsite. Works fine so far.

Do you have a place?
Your company name sounds familar but your also not far away.

dalmatianlandscaping
11-12-2007, 09:14 AM
right now I am dumping at Regis Landscaping in Hudson he charges a small amount but a great guy to deal with. I used to be based out of Lowell a few years back, and alot of my accounts are down that way. Just looking for other places a bit closer to Lowell Dracut area.

NNJLandman
11-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Nice work, I shoulda shot some pictures of me n my guy out today. I saw your other post with the new landscape at the plumbers house and the cleanup pictures you had of the property today. After all the money invested you think he would repave the driveway, especially with the Mercedes. Guess he doesn't know any pavers ha.

RedMax Man
11-12-2007, 06:34 PM
right now I am dumping at Regis Landscaping in Hudson he charges a small amount but a great guy to deal with. I used to be based out of Lowell a few years back, and alot of my accounts are down that way. Just looking for other places a bit closer to Lowell Dracut area.

I've had stuff dumped at a landscaper's place i know in Tewksbury also. Most of the time i just dump my debris at a private property in Dracut. He won't let anyone else dump there. He also only wants clean debris no trash and no large amount of tree branches and other bulky things. I just dump grass, leaves and brush that can't be disposed on the customers property. We have a deal because he's an elderly man so i help out around the property and plow him out in the winter. Most of my account are in the lowell/Dracut area and i live on the town line so i'll let you know if i hear of any good dumping areas.

Nice work, I shoulda shot some pictures of me n my guy out today. I saw your other post with the new landscape at the plumbers house and the cleanup pictures you had of the property today. After all the money invested you think he would repave the driveway, especially with the Mercedes. Guess he doesn't know any pavers ha.

Oh there's many more projects still to take place at the guy's house. He is getting a new paved driveway next spring with cobblestone edging. Also a landing infront of that entry way that will be all done with pavers. New stone wall with columns along the road is also in the plans. the Tennis court is going to be moved also and new turf in the back yard.

vermonta
11-12-2007, 07:52 PM
That is one SHARP Looking Super Duty :)

Great setup from what I see. Looks like you took some time and thought into building it. I would advertise the slogan in the paper. BTW how do you charge if your just sucking up and hauling away, but not cleaning the yard?

I don't have any good pictures of my setup but this is what it is.

2000 Ford F350 Diesel w/ Super Chip, K&N filter and 5" exhaust, dual wheeled stake body dump. I got the mesh tarp from Northern and made a setup to roll it up onto the top of the front of the body. I modified the two back gates to open on hinges and with a 16hp truck loader on a swing away of my own design. It lets me back up, pull a pin and swing it out of the way and dump and then just swing it back in place and go.

I would like to improve it by making it so I can pull my 14' behind it with my wb blowers and back packs etc. that I need on the lawns so I don't need two vehicles with the cost of fuel now :cry:

AGAIN,:clapping: :clapping: NICE SUPER DUTY!!

yardmanlee
11-12-2007, 08:12 PM

Great setup from what I see. Looks like you took some time and thought into building it. I would advertise the slogan in the paper. BTW how do you charge if your just sucking up and hauling away, but not cleaning the yard?

2000 Ford F350 Diesel w/ Super Chip, K&N filter and 5" exhaust, dual wheeled stake body dump. I got the mesh tarp from Northern and made a setup to roll it up onto the top of the front of the body. I modified the two back gates to open on hinges and with a 16hp truck loader on a swing away of my own design. It lets me back up, pull a pin and swing it out of the way and dump and then just swing it back in place and go.

I would like to improve it by making it so I can pull my 14' behind it with my wb blowers and back packs etc. that I need on the lawns so I don't need two vehicles with the cost of fuel now :cry:

i'd like to see a pic of that swing away arm if ya dont mind

RedMax Man
11-12-2007, 08:15 PM

Thanks for all the complements. sounds like you have a nice truck also. I havent done an jobs where i just suck them up. I would just price them at $100 an hr. Most piles would be around $50 i think. I hope i get some though, maybe i should do some cold calls. I sold a $300 cleanup to a customer's neighbor who walked across the street and asked for a price to do there property.

RedMax Man
11-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Tonight's Pics!!!

I'm the guy with the rake...

vermonta
11-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Same as I'm charging for two men. Did you take the lights off the back of the box? Looks like you could use them:) I finish a lot of my days this time of year in the dark :)

I sold a $300 cleanup to a customer's neighbor who walked across the street and asked for a price to do there property

Great, word of mouth is the best advertising overall. Looks like the guy across the street saw you working and was impressed enough to walk over and ask.

RedMax Man
11-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Same as I'm charging for two men. Did you take the lights off the back of the box? Looks like you could use them:) I finish a lot of my days this time of year in the dark :)

I sold a $300 cleanup to a customer's neighbor who walked across the street and asked for a price to do there property

Great, word of mouth is the best advertising overall. Looks like the guy across the street saw you working and was impressed enough to walk over and ask.

I'm going to put new lights on the box and rewire them because those ones that are on now are damaged and arn't wired properly. The new ones havent come yet. We need all the light we can get this time of year. He was impressed and is intested in full maintenance plus i will be back to do another cleanup around Thanksgiving.

Doing quality work gets quality customers!

vermonta
11-12-2007, 10:25 PM
The new ones havent come yet. We need all the light we can get this time of year.

What are you getting for lights? and how much are they costing you?

RedMax Man
11-12-2007, 10:28 PM
What are you getting for lights? and how much are they costing you?

I got these:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200332175_200332175?cm_sp=Customer%20driven-_-Recently%20Viewed-_-Search%20Page

vermonta
11-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the info

vermonta
11-12-2007, 10:42 PM
i'd like to see a pic of that swing away arm if ya dont mind

If I have time sometime soon I'll take some for you. A friend of mine has, I think? a Billy Goat?? swing away he got on ebay nicer than mine because it has the receiver hitch on it as well to tow his trailer as well. I don't have that yet, but hope to come up with something this year?:)

yardmanlee
11-13-2007, 06:17 AM
I just picked up a tow behind leaf vac 20 hp kohler w/ 12" suction and 8" discharge hose, thinkin it might be a giant vac, new suction hose and new impeller, so im hoping to have my set up ready for this sat, we have a huge job were doing now and no time to stop get things ready. I will post some pics later

vermonta
11-13-2007, 07:49 AM
Sounds like a pretty mean sucking machine :) Hope it works out well for you.

93Chevy
11-13-2007, 10:27 AM
Beautiful setup RedMax. It looks like you take exceptional care of you equipment. Good luck for cleanups.

RedMax Man
11-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Beautiful setup RedMax. It looks like you take exceptional care of you equipment. Good luck for cleanups.

I do try too keep all the tools and truck in good working condition and get the most out of them because they don't come cheap.

Thanks!

RedMax Man
11-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Pictures from some of today's cleanup jobs...
Thats one of my guys with the RedMax backpack blower on.

RedMax Man
11-13-2007, 07:20 PM
...........After.........

RedMax Man
11-13-2007, 07:23 PM
After pics of another house. Sorry no before pics of this one.

RedMax Man
11-13-2007, 07:27 PM
After cleanups another one of my helpers and i installed the Walker light kit. It only took about 10 minutes and these lights are extremely bright. Thats my helper on the Walker testing the lights at his house.

blowerboy
11-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Sine you suck up the leaves in the dark, you should consider putting lights all over ur truck (or maby one or 2) so that u can see what ur doing!!! Anyway, your truck/equip is very nice, keep up the good work!

blowerboy
11-13-2007, 07:30 PM
After cleanups another one of my helpers and i installed the Walker light kit. It only took about 10 minutes and these lights are extremely bright. Thats my helper on the Walker testing the lights at his house.

i wrote this right after u posted ur pics!! the one about lights

RedMax Man
11-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Sine you suck up the leaves in the dark, you should consider putting lights all over ur truck (or maby one or 2) so that u can see what ur doing!!! Anyway, your truck/equip is very nice, keep up the good work!

Yeah i got the lights on the Walker and i ordered new flood lights for the back of the leaf box on the truck. Those lights just havent been delivered yet.

Matts lawn care
11-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Wow those lights are bright and light up a nice size area. Looks like you got up every leave good job! Do you have any lights for the back of your leaf box yet?

N.H.BOY
11-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Nice man--now that you have got lights, all the pic's you get at dusk will now come out alright:clapping: We are still doing clean up's around the lakes up here still:weightlifter:

mattfromNY
11-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Waiting for the big dump :cry: Pics of my rig (and me):waving:

N.H.BOY
11-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Hey--nice pic of that trailer and in the dump bode

newtostone
11-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Hey Mark I cant thank you enough for those pictures, although I just want to check something before I drill into my dump trailer ;) So what I would do is take my leaf loader
-Mount it centered on the trailer
- Set it at a height where I can still access my battery and hydraulic box
- Drill thru the leaf loader mount and then the steel portion of the dump trailer wall (front)
- Use grade 8 bolts to secure the lead loader?
Now I question if the leaf loader will pull through the wall of the dump trailer, the leaf unit is only a 16hp unit but still heavy. Should I use some steal plates as a backing to prevent this? Just a little bit nervous about drilling into my dump trailer. Thank in advance and once again thanks for those pictures!

deere615
11-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Nice trailer and Truck! They match lol.

RedMax Man
11-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Wow those lights are bright and light up a nice size area. Looks like you got up every leave good job! Do you have any lights for the back of your leaf box yet?

I got the lights for the leaf box tonight so now i need to install them. The Walker lights are awesome .
Nice man--now that you have got lights, all the pic's you get at dusk will now come out alright:clapping: We are still doing clean up's around the lakes up here still:weightlifter:
I still have alot of cleanups ahead of me and yes the night shots should come out clearer now. I just hope the snow hold off for a little while yet and the rest of the leaves fall asap.

Hey MattfromNY, nice pictures of the trailer!

vermonta
11-14-2007, 11:33 PM
The Walker lights are awesome .

What is the wattage of the Walker lights?
Thanks

RedMax Man
11-15-2007, 09:39 AM
What is the wattage of the Walker lights?
Thanks

I've tried to find that out but i know they are H3 halogen bulbs and i'm guessing 55watt. Maybe someone else would know for sure.

93Chevy
11-15-2007, 01:12 PM
I can only think of one downside of having lights on the Walker...now you don't have an excuse to not work when the sun goes down!. But seriously, I like those lights, they must help out a lot

mattfromNY
11-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Newtostone-
My little wonder weighs 375 pounds dry, it is held on with 4 3/8" gd. 8 bolts, flat washers on both ends of the bolts, and lock nuts. So far no problems, but my PJ trailer has twin walls where we drilled through, so it actually is held through two layers of steel.

deere615
11-15-2007, 07:05 PM
Nice lights on the walker.

RedMax Man
11-15-2007, 07:29 PM
I can only think of one downside of having lights on the Walker...now you don't have an excuse to not work when the sun goes down!. But seriously, I like those lights, they must help out a lot
The give a very bright, broad pattern of light so you could actually cut a whole lawn in the dark without any trouble.
Nice lights on the walker.

Thanks!

RedMax Man
11-15-2007, 07:33 PM
It was way to wet and rainy to do cleanups so we took the time this evening to wire and install flood lights on the back of the box. We did it in the rain too. Now i'm just going to get some amber LED warning lights to put on the the back for safety.

RedMax Man
11-15-2007, 08:04 PM
That last picture of the truck and trailer got attached by mistake.

These are the LED lights i ordered. See VIDEO...
http://www.awdirect.com/catalog.cfm?dest=itempg&itemid=20881&secid=68&linkon=subsection&linkid=269

vermonta
11-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Still a sharp looking setup :)

http://www.awdirect.com/catalog.cfm?dest=itempg&itemid=20881&secid=68&linkon=subsection&linkid=269

Wow! These look like they would work well for plowing on the rear but I would go nuts if I had to watch to much of those. What did they run you?

vermonta
11-15-2007, 11:05 PM
Sorry just realized the price was right in front of me :)

Matts lawn care
11-16-2007, 06:47 AM

Wow those will get attention no problem.

vermonta
11-16-2007, 10:12 AM
I can only think of one downside of having lights on the Walker...now you don't have an excuse to not work when the sun goes down!.
Kind of off topic but had to:)
All this talk about working after dark (story of my life:laugh:) These pictures are a couple from a job we were doing replacing a 18 yr old wooden retaining wall for a long time customer that really wanted it done before thanksgiving so we decided to go for it and should only take a couple of days.
The second one is us just about finished by headlights from one of my trucks the Dually Stroker. It was about 8pm on Wednesday and it had just started to rain lightly.
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd239/53tamisha/P1010233.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd239/53tamisha/P1010260.jpg

vermonta
11-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Sorry the second picture is so dark :) Well....I guess it is dark,....... but it showed lighter on my computer.
There is a flower box in the left of the picture which is on the street end of the finished wall next to the street that you can barely see. We could actually see better than the picture shows but my truck was sticking out in the street. Good thing it was in a development, and not on a busy street. :) And I have "GOOD" batteries.

RedMax Man
11-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Tonight's cleanup job. Finished at 6:00 PM

Some pics of a job that was basically all done in the dark...

RedMax Man
11-16-2007, 08:29 PM

deere615
11-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Nice lights on the back of the leaf box, did you have to unhook the trailer while cleaning up the leaves?

RedMax Man
11-16-2007, 09:16 PM
Nice lights on the back of the leaf box, did you have to unhook the trailer while cleaning up the leaves?

Those flood lights are great and i leave them on when i'm loading or unloading the trailer also because they are so high and can shine down on a large area. Depends how big the leaf pile is or how close it is to the truck but i often do unhook the trailer once i'm ready to run the leaf loader.

AndyTblc
11-16-2007, 09:55 PM
So how many clean ups till you put the plow on?

RedMax Man
11-17-2007, 07:15 AM
So how many clean ups till you put the plow on?

Alot.lol hopefully won't need the plow for at least 2-3 more weeks. I get calls everyday from customers for a leaf cleanups so i'll just keep doing them till they are all done or don't call anymore.

AndyTblc
11-17-2007, 07:53 AM
Do you have a once the snow flys I'm done, type of thing or do you continue to do the clean ups after the first accumulation has come and melted?

advantage landscaping
11-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Trudeau, that set-up looks awesome. How are you getting so much business? haha What's your "secret"? Did you do a ton of advertising?

Just wondering because I am in MA as well, not close enough to take any of your biz though so don't worry!!

deere615
11-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Trudeau, that set-up looks awesome. How are you t of workso much business? haha What's your "secret"? Did you do a ton of advertising?

Just wondering because I am in MA as well, not close enough to take any of your biz though so don't worry!!

I was wondering that too you have a helper now and its seems like your really doing alot of work.

RedMax Man
11-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Do you have a once the snow flys I'm done, type of thing or do you continue to do the clean ups after the first accumulation has come and melted?
I have gone back out to finish cleanups once the snow has melted. If we only get a couple inches thats what i do. Hopefully all cleanups will be done by the second saturday in December at the latest.

Trudeau, that set-up looks awesome. How are you getting so much business? haha What's your "secret"? Did you do a ton of advertising?

Thanks
I've been doing this type of work for a while so i'm pretty well established. I pass out cards to customers often. I had 1000 cards done before this fall so i wouldn't run out. I sent out about 20 fliers but havent really gotten any responces surprisingly, maybe 1 or 2 so far.Often a neighbor will come over when we are doing a cleanup and ask for a price or someone will stop by, i've sold several jobs that way. I was suppose to have some lettering done on the leaf box but the sign guy hasn't responded to my calls. Nothing "top secret". I try to do nice work. I'm not worried about other guys, there is plenty of work to go around.
I was wondering that too you have a helper now and its seems like your really doing alot of work.

I have 2 helpers right now. Maybe a third this up coming week so we can get as many jobs done as possible before Thanksgiving because i will be away Thurs., Fri, and Sat.

RedMax Man
11-17-2007, 10:11 PM
SOME OF TODAY'S WORK>>>

First property, the grass was very high in some areas so that's why in looks "flattened out" in some areas. Some more leaves blew onto the lawn when after it was all done but it was totally cleaned up. Last job was finished around 7:30 pm so there weren't any after pics.

RedMax Man
11-17-2007, 10:16 PM
4 hours later>>>

RedMax Man
11-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Truck & Trailer>>>

RedMax Man
11-17-2007, 10:22 PM
And another one...

advantage landscaping
11-17-2007, 10:24 PM
So what is the extent of the use of the blowers vs the walker? I don't have a walker, but I can get a similar cut with what I have.

When are you blowing and when are you using the walker?

Did you get 4-per-page post cards made up? Where did you get them?

Uranus
11-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Nice windy day today. I stayed home. Full steam ahead come Monday am. I went around and looked at most of my properties the other day. None are ready for a final cleanup. Well to bad. I'm going to properties with mostly maples and doing them in the beginning of the week and then the rest get done. I dont want to have it snow on me with half of the customers not done. Weird year. Usually we have an end date for work of Dec 1st. This year there is at least 3 weeks left as of now. I hope to be done by the 14th of December this year.

RedMax Man
11-17-2007, 10:55 PM
So what is the extent of the use of the blowers vs the walker? I don't have a walker, but I can get a similar cut with what I have.

When are you blowing and when are you using the walker?

Did you get 4-per-page post cards made up? Where did you get them?

I answered your PM.
Nice windy day today. I stayed home. Full steam ahead come Monday am. I went around and looked at most of my properties the other day. None are ready for a final cleanup. Well to bad. I'm going to properties with mostly maples and doing them in the beginning of the week and then the rest get done. I dont want to have it snow on me with half of the customers not done. Weird year. Usually we have an end date for work of Dec 1st. This year there is at least 3 weeks left as of now. I hope to be done by the 14th of December this year.

Yeah it was windy but sunny and not raining thankfully. As long as the snow hold off a while longer we'll be fine.

lawnkid
11-17-2007, 11:43 PM
Not knockin the work but you sure cut that first lawn pretty tall. Looks to be at 4". You're gonna have a lot of dead growth in the spring if you don't cut it shorter. Plus it's easier to cut and pic up leaves and looks nicer at like at least 3.5" if not 3". Just something to consider.

stephenslawncare
11-18-2007, 12:39 AM
How old are you? Aren't you like 18 or something close to that. I think your rig is awesome BTW. I just wish I can have that kind of rig when I get older. I'm jealous.:o:o:o

PS: Im a redmax guy too:weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter:

Landscape89
11-18-2007, 12:46 AM
Redmax Man, Nice Job today. Must have been somewhat of a PITA with the wind around here. Keep up the good work and glad to see those Redmax BP's in action! :clapping:

I'll put some pics up of me and my guys doing cleanup sometime next weekend

RedMax Man
11-18-2007, 08:38 AM
Not knockin the work but you sure cut that first lawn pretty tall. Looks to be at 4". You're gonna have a lot of dead growth in the spring if you don't cut it shorter. Plus it's easier to cut and pic up leaves and looks nicer at like at least 3.5" if not 3". Just something to consider.
That lawn was so long in some areas and the customer should have cut it several more times. I went over it 2 - 4 times and i didn't know if they wanted it cut lower so i left it at 3.5". I agree but i wasn't really there to cut the grass so i just got it down to a decent high.

How old are you? Aren't you like 18 or something close to that. I think your rig is awesome BTW. I just wish I can have that kind of rig when I get older. I'm jealous.:o:o:o

PS: Im a redmax guy too:weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter:
Yeah i'm 18, All my handheld equipment is a RedMax. Thanks for the complements.
Redmax Man, Nice Job today. Must have been somewhat of a PITA with the wind around here. Keep up the good work and glad to see those Redmax BP's in action! :clapping:

I'll put some pics up of me and my guys doing cleanup sometime next weekend

The wind can get a little agrivating sometimes but i try to work with it and if need run the Walker and backpack blowers side by side so the leavs don't get away.

Those blower run more than the sit during the day.

deere615
11-18-2007, 07:00 PM
Man I see why you busy, thats a good amount of leaves and some big properties!

RedMax Man
11-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Man I see why you busy, thats a good amount of leaves and some big properties!

yeah once you start blowing out the beds and other areas where the leaves collect then the piles really start to multiply. I like these large properties and many of them have been nice. I just wish i had 2 Walkers instead of 1, LOL.

jww2008
11-19-2007, 02:50 PM
red max- when u mow normally do u collect the clipings with the walker and if so what do you do with the clipings

blowerboy
11-19-2007, 03:36 PM
I like the lights on the back of ur leaf box!!!!:clapping:

jww2008
11-19-2007, 07:03 PM
when you dump the leaves do you have to lift the vac off or does your gate swing out?

RedMax Man
11-19-2007, 08:04 PM
red max- when u mow normally do u collect the clipings with the walker and if so what do you do with the clipings

I dump them in the woods on the properties or haul them out in the truck.
I like the lights on the back of ur leaf box!!!!:clapping:
Thanks, i don't know what i'd do with out them. I have them wired into a 4-way trailer connector so when i need them i just plug them in. Very easy and works well.
when you dump the leaves do you have to lift the vac off or does your gate swing out?

I have to lift it off the tailgate.

RedMax Man
11-20-2007, 01:25 PM
1 of the properties done yesterday...

vermonta
11-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Looking Good! But, where are the ones you did today:cry:

Now those are the ones I want to see;)

How much snow did you get?

RedMax Man
11-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Looking Good! But, where are the ones you did today:cry:

Now those are the ones I want to see;)

How much snow did you get?

I can go out and take a ride around town and snap pics of the properties i was going to do. :)

I got about an inch. Was already to go but decide to not waste my time. I put a few pics in another thread about snow in MA.

vermonta
11-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Yeah, it was not the best day for leaf cleanup :laugh:
We got a couple of inches up here in sth Vt., wet and heavy. We have a couple of commercial accts that we scraped out and salted but other than that I spent all day in the office :cry:

lawncare18
11-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Do I see a new blower on that trailer???

Landscape89
11-20-2007, 10:07 PM

I was wondering the same thing. Little Wonder and Redmax= Unbeatable in Performance! :clapping:

RedMax Man
11-20-2007, 10:44 PM

haha, My uncle loaned me that because he just uses it for his yard and i have some larger lawns with woods that i can use it for. That machine is really powerful and surprisingly quiet. 9 hp. Honda engine High Output model.

Metro Lawn
11-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Here are a few. I will try to get more.

charmill26
11-21-2007, 12:38 PM
nice setup metro. looks very professional and grabs your attention with that red. i like the old dodges

RedMax Man
11-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Great pictures. Just that last pic made me laugh for a second because that kid doesn't look dressed to work with the bagging, oversized gangsta clothing. I like that trailer.

deere615
11-21-2007, 09:08 PM
That last pic made me laugh too.lol Very nice trailer and for being such and old truck that dodge looks really nice! Heres a old dodge for ya(beater truck at my uncles flea market that doesn't run anymore lol)

Metro Lawn
11-21-2007, 09:33 PM
That truck is a 93. Rust free with a Cummins diesel and only 109k. Lots of life left. Here is another of my old Dodges. 1987 rust free....

advantage landscaping
11-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Back when Dodge knew how to MAKE A CAR!!!!

blowerboy
11-21-2007, 10:08 PM
redmax, is that a new little wonder. if so whats the hp.....CONGATS on ur new toy tell me how u like it.:cool2:

Krehling's Prop. Maint.
11-22-2007, 02:05 AM
redmaxman, just curious, how many guys do you have working for you and how many hours a week are you averaging?

deere615
11-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Back when Dodge knew how to MAKE A CAR!!!!

ya, I wouldn't buy one but he does have two really nice looking rust free trucks!

advantage landscaping
11-22-2007, 07:15 PM
ya, I wouldn't buy one but he does have two really nice looking rust free trucks!

How did American automakers FORGET how to make stuff they made better 20 years ago?

Metro Lawn
11-23-2007, 01:31 PM

We have 14 of them. I have had great luck with them through the years.

RedMax Man
11-23-2007, 01:50 PM
redmax, is that a new little wonder. if so whats the hp.....CONGATS on ur new toy tell me how u like it.:cool2:
I don't own it. My uncle owns that blower but just loaned it to me to use for a while. Its a 9hp. honda. Its very nice and quite compared to many blowers. I used it for several hours on wednesday cleaning up soaking wet leaves and it blew them very well considering how heavy they were.
redmaxman, just curious, how many guys do you have working for you and how many hours a week are you averaging?
I usually have 2 guys with me. Sometimes just 1. I would guess i'm working 20 - 30 hours a week but i would need to check my records to get an accurate number. Weekdays i'm out working 4-5 hours and saturdays are often a full day. Last saturday i was out from 8am - 8 pm.

deere615
11-23-2007, 05:11 PM
How did American automakers FORGET how to make stuff they made better 20 years ago?
I dunno good question

We have 14 of them. I have had great luck with them through the years.

14 wow nice setup. Did you have all of them painted red or did you buy them red?

Metro Lawn
11-23-2007, 06:06 PM
I dunno good question

14 wow nice setup. Did you have all of them painted red or did you buy them red?

I have been lucky and most were red when I bought them. We have a few odd colored units also. Silver, white, green, brown, and burgandy.

RedMax Man
11-26-2007, 07:48 AM
Do you know what year your oldest and newest Dodge trucks are?

Sharp Services
11-26-2007, 08:08 AM
Redmax Man .... Love that Ford ... have you thought about painting the rear doors to the leaf box black .... would really make it all look complete.

Metro Lawn
11-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Do you know what year your oldest and newest Dodge trucks are?

Oldest is an '87 and the newest is an '05.

RedMax Man
11-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Redmax Man .... Love that Ford ... have you thought about painting the rear doors to the leaf box black .... would really make it all look complete.

Thanks, Yes i was going to paint the doors but just haven't gotten to it and i need to put larger hinges on because the hinges that are on now flex and i also have to make a latch so i don't think i will get to painting it this season and the box will be coming off this month.

AL Inc
12-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Been meaning to add to this thread, took this last week, sorry not the best pic. 2001 Freightliner and Giant-vac loader.

yardmanlee
12-07-2007, 10:29 PM
Been meaning to add to this thread, took this last week, sorry not the best pic. 2001 Freightliner and Giant-vac loader.

what model giant vac is that ? looks just like mine

AL Inc
12-08-2007, 06:40 AM
Lee, I'm not sure of the model#, but I believe it is a 1995, 20 hp Kohler. I picked it up in '99 for about 3K, it was almost new.

deere615
12-08-2007, 06:17 PM

Wow that is a "Gaint vac" lol nice setup

yardmanlee
12-08-2007, 11:48 PM
A small job we did the other day

vermonta
12-09-2007, 12:03 AM
Nice looking Ford. What year? engine?

I have two, one dually diesel and one pkp, both F350's they are a little newer and both white. I think the next trucks I buy will be slightly used.
New is to much money IMHO and more and more headaches and expense.

I just saw a 97 F250 on ebay with 20,430 miles on it, with plow and tailgate salt spreader. Looks like it may have belonged to an estate or something??

My 2 cents:)

yardmanlee
12-09-2007, 08:03 AM
its a 97 f350 and it has the 7.3 diesel w/ 12' dump

RedMax Man
12-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Nice pictures guys! I have loads of pics from the past few weeks that i havent put up yet, hopefully soon. December 1st was the last day we did cleanups and the next evening we got 4 inches of snow and were plowing on Monday so it has been kinda crazy. Now there is another storm coming tonight. I think leaf cleanups are over for this season because this snow isn't melting.

srl28
12-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Hey AL do you have any more pics of that freightliner? What model is it fl 50 60 or 70? Looks nice, more pics!

yardmanlee
12-09-2007, 10:51 AM
a couple more of ours, we had already started the front but was completey covered like the back, plus the home owner
wanted the wooded area to the right cleaned up too. I have the finshed pics monday evening. picked up another one across the street, I love it when when we get in neighborhoods like that !!!!

Uranus
12-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Kind of wacky weather where having up here. Late start cuz of snow and early finish cuz of snow. I left my gear on my trailer during the last storm hoping to be able to get back out there. Last week it sounded like this coming week would be ok to go out and get a few. NOPE! With 3 chances of ice or snow this week I'm done. Im going to pack things up and wash them off. I'll leave a push blower out and a bagger on one of the lazers, but the rest of the gear is getting put away for the year. Hopefully we get many 4" storms this year. Calls keep coming in for plowing so hopefully that will save my winter. 11 fall cleanups left. Weak year here, but not complaining.

vermonta
12-09-2007, 12:44 PM
its a 97 f350 and it has the 7.3 diesel w/ 12' dump

Is it stock? And, what do you get for mileage? I have a 7.3 in my 2000 dually and it's tweaked I guess you could say. The best I have ever gotten is 14.1 mpg. That hurts when diesel is over $3.50 a gallon.

yardmanlee
12-09-2007, 12:46 PM
honestly I havent checked it I just fill it up when she needs fuel and shes stock (for now)

vermonta
12-09-2007, 12:56 PM
I have a SuperChip in mine with a 5" exhaust and a K&N air filter. I would like to put a full cold air intake on it but there to expensive for right now. Mine is an auto trans and the chip adds 100 hp in its max setting + the exhaust.

A buddy of mine has the Bully Dog, I think it's called the dominator setup in his 04 F250 ext cab 4wd pkp. He has the 5" exhaust and the full cold air intake on it.
I'll tell you what, It will put a lot of "hot" cars to shame easily! It is really unbelievable to see. Picture the truck doing a smoke show enough so you can hardly see the truck. :nono: The guy is one of my mower dealers and is 45. I tell him it's just his midlife crisis mobile :laugh::laugh:

AL Inc
12-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Srl28, it is an FL 60, w/ the Cat diesel, and automatic. I've had the ideas for this truck floating in my head for 3-4 years, I was initially going to go for a new Chevy 5500 or FL50 lo-pro, but this truck came along last year and I'm real happy with it. Here is a pic when I bought it, October '06.

yardmanlee
12-09-2007, 08:09 PM
AL is that your mulch pile in the back ground ?

AL Inc
12-09-2007, 08:15 PM
I pretty much set this truck up for my install/detail crew, these guys do all of the landscape work, mulching, skid steer work, and miscellaneous work. This is a pic of the side door, tamper rack, and side tool box. I have the same box on the other side, and keep long handled tools, shovels, rakes, broom, etc, on top of the cab shield. It has saved us a lot of time, as we have most of the tools we need always on the truck. It pretty much was the best compromise between a dump and a box truck.

yardmanlee
12-09-2007, 08:21 PM
is that a tamper behind the cab ? and what did it cost to convert that to a dump ?

AL Inc
12-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Yes, that is my tamper behind the cab, I stole that idea from a friend of mine. Just makes life easier, we don't have to lift it into the back of the truck. The dump body, hoist and boxes ran me a little over 15K. That first pic was taken at my friends welding/fab shop, he rents on a piece of property that also has a cement plant and a mulch supplier. Very big operation there.
BTW, I like the paint job on your leaf loader, I like the JD colors!

yardmanlee
12-09-2007, 09:27 PM
that was the way it came, but the guy who owned it before me didnt cover anything he painted over all the decals model # s it taken me a while to figure out what model and serial # are on the vac and engine. and I have to agree the jd colors rock !!!

TomberLawn
12-10-2007, 11:35 AM
yardmanlee, I bet that Super Duty is fun to back with that little trailer behind it!

yardmanlee
12-10-2007, 07:37 PM
it easyier and quicker to just unhook the thing and pust it back where we need to get it, damn near impossible to back that one
I pan on putting it on the front of my 16' trailer so I can just use one truck to haul everything vac and mowers/ blowers

RedMax Man
12-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Hey guys we got so busy trying to get everything done before the snow storms that i didn't have time for anything else like posting pics. Here are some...

The after pics are not very clear because it was getting dark but the lawn was emaculate when we were done. All those leaves were dumped in the woods onsite.

RedMax Man
12-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Did several YOU RAKE EM WE TAKE EM leaf pile removals. Very quick and profitable BTW.Here is the truck before the leaves were dumped.

RedMax Man
12-11-2007, 10:36 PM
I'll post several more jobs later. Unfortunately many jobs i never got pictures of because i was always going so fast and never had a chance sometimes.

vermonta
12-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Here is one we finished cleaning up yesterday, Dec 10'th:laugh:

EagleLandscape
12-12-2007, 12:05 AM
whats that white stuff?

vermonta
12-12-2007, 06:01 AM
whats that white stuff?

It's called SNOW,:) White Gold to some, :drinkup: I plow myself, so I want it to snow, just not quite so early in the year :cry:

I have more pictures of another one we just finished which I'll post later.

Gotta go and sand, It has been rain/freezing rain all night :cool2:

NBI Lawn
12-12-2007, 11:21 AM
HAHA, those people probably thought they were stuck with a pile of leafs untill spring. Smart to cover them up

deere615
12-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Did several YOU RAKE EM WE TAKE EM leaf pile removals. Very quick and profitable BTW.Here is the truck before the leaves were dumped.

Did you not grind the leaves up or is that just how they come out of the vac, I thought they usually get more ground up?

vermonta
12-12-2007, 11:07 PM
HAHA, those people probably thought they were stuck with a pile of leafs untill spring. Smart to cover them up

Here is another lawn/yard we clean up every year but we don't do the lawn or the plowing, just the cleanup because they like the way it looks when we're done.

A lot of pictures tell the story. We started cleanup in mid Nov (covered the pile) and finished on 12/11 and the plow guy pushed into the pile which messed it up a little but we used my pickup and plow to break up the pile. There are a lot of pine needles and hemlock in the leaves as well.
Got a lot of interesting looks from passersby.
I will post more related pictures

vermonta
12-12-2007, 11:11 PM
A few more of the same job:)

vermonta
12-12-2007, 11:44 PM
And yet more! But the last of the lawns. I had my man do one more where we had a huge pile yesterday pm and today pm as well and that is the extent of my fall cleanups this year. :)

I really doubt this snow/ice will melt off to let me finish the two I didn't get cleaned up. :laugh::laugh:

deere615
12-13-2007, 09:00 PM
A few more of the same job:)

Man I bet theres alot of blowing involved there! Way to use the plow on the truck lol.

vermonta
12-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Man I bet theres alot of blowing involved there! Way to use the plow on the truck lol.
The usual is two/three guys with backpacks initially and then two tarp and drag to the driveway while the odd guy sucks them up into the truck. We usually get at least two truck loads out of there sometimes more. It is roughly a two day job with three guys. :)

And, yes, the plow worked great for breaking up the pile. It wasn't frozen but just packed down really tight! ! :)

capetan
12-14-2007, 01:01 AM
WOW...... THATS pretty hardcore, nice equipment and good work

RedMax Man
01-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Did you not grind the leaves up or is that just how they come out of the vac, I thought they usually get more ground up?

Those just weren't ground up that much because i didn't go over them with the Walker and they were dry.

RedMax Man
01-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Here are the rest of the pics from this fall. I've Plowed 6 storms already.:)

New Hampshire cleanup:

RedMax Man
01-02-2008, 12:17 PM
After>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

RedMax Man
01-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Start to Finish: 2 hours & 15 minutes in and out.

RedMax Man
01-02-2008, 12:24 PM
We even cleaned up the whole tennis court in the back. ( green fence )

Last pic of this property...

RedMax Man
01-02-2008, 12:28 PM
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

2 other properties. It was getting dark when we finished so i did get any good after pics.

RedMax Man
01-02-2008, 12:31 PM
More>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Next day.

RedMax Man
01-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Property next door>>>

RedMax Man
01-02-2008, 12:39 PM
LAST DAY OF CLEANUPS:cry::cry::cry::rolleyes:

Extremely cold and very windy.

Worked all day nonstop till around 7:30 PM and then put the snow plow in the truck for the first storm on December 3rd.

RedMax Man
01-02-2008, 12:41 PM
After>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

oops some are from before.

RedMax Man
01-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Last 2 jobs of the day...

RedMax Man
01-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Last pics of my truck.

Leaf Box is off:clapping:

deere615
01-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Thats alot of pictures! Looks good though. No snow for you today? I got about 2 inches

RedMax Man
01-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Thats alot of pictures! Looks good though. No snow for you today? I got about 2 inches

Ya, hope you like looking at them all. It did snow a little bit yesterday morning and i had to do some plowing in the afternoon and evening.

The last day we did cleanups on it was so cold that by the end of the day all the rakes and shovels were broken because the plastic gets britle. The Walker could barely run that night because it was having a hard time starting up and keeping warm. It was a good season considering how late most of the leaves fell and the short span of time i had to clean them up.

PORTER 05
01-03-2008, 03:04 PM
ya same thing happened to us this fall, proubly went throuh a dozen leaf rakes, and barrels due to the extreme cold weather, its sopost to warm up next week, plan on doing the remaining 4 we have left!!!clean-ups in JAN!!!!

LET IT SNOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deere615
01-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Ya, hope you like looking at them all. It did snow a little bit yesterday morning and i had to do some plowing in the afternoon and evening.

The last day we did cleanups on it was so cold that by the end of the day all the rakes and shovels were broken because the plastic gets britle. The Walker could barely run that night because it was having a hard time starting up and keeping warm. It was a good season considering how late most of the leaves fell and the short span of time i had to clean them up.

Thats one of my favorite things about lawnsite is checking out pictures of peoples equipment/trucks! The leaves did fall late this year!

RedMax Man
01-03-2008, 09:56 PM
ya same thing happened to us this fall, proubly went throuh a dozen leaf rakes, and barrels due to the extreme cold weather, its sopost to warm up next week, plan on doing the remaining 4 we have left!!!clean-ups in JAN!!!!

Your joking right? LOL you must not have as much snow as i do up here. I do know someone else who has mentioned the same thing to me. I havent had time to even winterize my equipment and clean it up. I'm going try next week but i doubt i will do any leaf cleanup work unless we get 90 degree weather all week and all the snow melts. Hope it gets cold again after next week so it will snow snow snow...
Thats one of my favorite things about lawnsite is checking out pictures of peoples equipment/trucks! The leaves did fall late this year!

I'm always in the pictures forum. ha ha!

Petr51488
01-03-2008, 11:12 PM
I got about 15 more cleanups to finish up next week too! I never thought i would be doing leaves in January. I'm usually finished up a few weeks before christmas!

ALarsh
01-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Where do you dump those leaves?

PORTER 05
01-04-2008, 09:01 AM
no we dont have any snow up here , only little snow banks----those 2 last storms we got , right here on the coast we got some hard-core rain, and it melted everything.

just got a call yesterday for a brush removal job ,and we are going to be doing it on wed after we finish our last 4 clean-ups on mon / tues

we haul allof our leaves / brush / grass clippings /logs / wood and other organic stuff to a tree farm in the westeran part of our town -- he turns it back into fill , and screend loam -- charges $0 for leavves and grass and $35 for everything else -- thats for a 1 ton dually dump --we haul everything to the site with our dump --in the heat of the summer and fall clean-ups we will haul there daily if not two or three times a day if we havea big job, ive been there as much as 8 times in one day.

we hauled about 35 dump truck loads of leaves to that site this fall in abouta 5 week period, i dont know wat we would do with-out it!!!!!

Dstosh
01-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Last pics of my truck.

Leaf Box is off:clapping:

Didnt you have a cab protector on that insert? Do they just unbolt?

RedMax Man
01-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Where do you dump those leaves?
I dump my leaves on a private property down the street from where i live. As long as its clean leaves and no trash or large debris its ok because i just level it out and it decomposes.
Didnt you have a cab protector on that insert? Do they just unbolt?

Yes i just unbolted 6 bolts and took it off so i could see out the rear window better.

PORTER 05
01-04-2008, 12:31 PM
yo REDMAXMAN --

are you going to be going to the Mascon & NE Grows convertions in jan / feb?

there pritty good shows, we registered for both!

Signature Landscaping1
01-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Ill be at NE Grows 2 days, hope to see some of you guys there. Anyone headed to the world of wheels this weekend?

deere615
01-04-2008, 08:03 PM

It is supposed to be warming up here:cry: I have aguy that wants me to do a cleanup sometime in januruary too:hammerhead:

NSLC
01-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Kind of off topic but had to:)
All this talk about working after dark (story of my life:laugh:) These pictures are a couple from a job we were doing replacing a 18 yr old wooden retaining wall for a long time customer that really wanted it done before thanksgiving so we decided to go for it and should only take a couple of days.
The second one is us just about finished by headlights from one of my trucks the Dually Stroker. It was about 8pm on Wednesday and it had just started to rain lightly.
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd239/53tamisha/P1010233.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd239/53tamisha/P1010260.jpgNow thats customer service.

RedMax Man
01-05-2008, 11:38 PM
yo REDMAXMAN --

are you going to be going to the Mascon & NE Grows convertions in jan / feb?

there pritty good shows, we registered for both!

I dunno about Mascon but i did just get a flier in the mail for it. Whats it like? Seems like it could be interesting.
Ill be at NE Grows 2 days, hope to see some of you guys there. Anyone headed to the world of wheels this weekend?

I definitly want to go to the NE grows. Anybody got some info? I think its in Feb.

PORTER 05
01-06-2008, 08:37 AM
ya there both really goos shows..NE Grows is the show most landscaers go to , its like everything landscaping,. mowing, tree-work, they have all the veners from every mower company you could think of ever 2-cycle company, mini excavtors , skids, dump trucks, trailers, and tons of tree service stuff, they even have a real tree , maybe 40 feet tall in the middle that they do climbing lessons on.

NE Grows
February 6-8, 2008
Boston Convention & Exhibition Center
Boston, MA
www.negrows.org

and its $35 a person is you register and pay before Jan 15th, and at the door its $50 a person, but its well worth it for sure!

and Mascon is pritty cool 2, but its more for construction companys , paving and excavating companys, but its still good to go to, there tons of dump trucks , backhoes , front-end-loaders, excavators ect, and its FREE!

http://www.conexshows.com/conex/mascon/index.po;jsessionid=xAXEhXlB57s7pqZkTxv0gP1E(CgqOkxPT)

Jan25-26
Boston, MA

HOPE ALL THIS INFO HELPS

Signature Landscaping1
01-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Register as a student for NE Grows, you will get in free of charge.

PlatinumLandCon
01-06-2008, 02:44 PM
RedMax Man,
Lets see some pics of the new truck :drinkup:

RedMax Man
01-06-2008, 08:51 PM
ya there both really goos shows..NE Grows is the show most landscaers go to , its like everything landscaping,. mowing, tree-work, they have all the veners from every mower company you could think of ever 2-cycle company, mini excavtors , skids, dump trucks, trailers, and tons of tree service stuff, they even have a real tree , maybe 40 feet tall in the middle that they do climbing lessons on.

NE Grows
February 6-8, 2008
Boston, MA
www.negrows.org

and its $35 a person is you register and pay before Jan 15th, and at the door its $50 a person, but its well worth it for sure!

and Mascon is pritty cool 2, but its more for construction companys , paving and excavating companys, but its still good to go to, there tons of dump trucks , backhoes , front-end-loaders, excavators ect, and its FREE!

http://www.conexshows.com/conex/mascon/index.po;jsessionid=xAXEhXlB57s7pqZkTxv0gP1E(CgqOkxPT)

Jan25-26
Boston, MA

HOPE ALL THIS INFO HELPS

Thanks very much.
Register as a student for NE Grows, you will get in free of charge.

Thats a good idea thanks, we'll have to make plans for all the local guys or anyone to meet up!