PDA

View Full Version : Pompous grass maintenance

rconway@austin.rr.com
11-03-2007, 12:38 PM
How do you care for pompous? I have had some pompous grass planted for over 5 years. This year I noticed that the middle of the Pompous grass is dead. Can you advise on how to care for?:)

adrianrog
11-03-2007, 06:58 PM
How do you care for pompous? :)

I cut the top off mine with a chainsaw, tied a chain around the stump, pulled it up. Added dirt, grass seed, and watered till the grass came up.

Sorry I don't have any real advice, just don't like pompous grass.

-Adrian

PLM-1
11-03-2007, 08:52 PM
I cut the top off mine with a chainsaw, tied a chain around the stump, pulled it up. Added dirt, grass seed, and watered till the grass came up.

Sorry I don't have any real advice, just don't like pompous grass.

-Adrian

That's what I do. I hate that crap.

Drew Gemma
11-03-2007, 10:14 PM
if the plant is dead in the middle it needs dug up split and replanted. that is its way of telling you to divide it.

Dreams To Designs
11-04-2007, 10:27 AM
As Drew said, with Pampas grass dying out in the middle it is time to dig and divide. You can return a portion of what you divided back to the same area to flourish again. There is another option. You can purchase the same type of grass in a #2 or #3 container dig out the portion of the grass that has faded and plant the new grass in that area. The digging will likely be very difficult do to the amount of roots in the area, but it is an alternative way to revive a large ornamental grass.

Kirk