PDA

View Full Version : How to price?

SNAPPER MAN
11-03-2007, 04:11 PM
How do yall price standard pressure washing of concrete? What formula do you use?

Truly Beautiful Lawn Care
11-05-2007, 02:42 PM
I've only done driveways and patios. Driveways average 75 dollars. It takes me less than 30 minutes. I use a heavy detergent soap and Home Depot bleach. But I've read post where guys/gals use some stronger stuff for stubborn stains. Check out some of the "dedicated" pressure washing/cleaning sites.
Jay

SNAPPER MAN
11-05-2007, 06:33 PM
What are the average size of the driveways you pressure wash (square feet). The ones im looking at doing are about 1000 square feet.

Truly Beautiful Lawn Care
11-05-2007, 07:37 PM
That is about the average. If you were to pressure wash, would you use a surface cleaner?

J & M Lawn Care
12-12-2007, 08:52 PM
That is about the average. If you were to pressure wash, would you use a surface cleaner?

i wanted to jump in on this:)

i have someone that is wanting me to do there driveway and sidewalk. It is mostly just dirt, but where the cars sits there is oils spots. A friend told me since i dont have a hot water unit pressure washer, to use tide and scrub it

Another house i have to do is a brick home, which has dirt half way up the house, he wants off, any certain chemical or just use the pressure washer

i have a 2850psi 5.5hpr 2.5gpm pressure washer to start off with

Denham Lawnboy
12-15-2007, 12:32 AM
No need for chemicals on the brick house. On the concrete you may want to invest into a surface cleaner. Im not sure if your pressure washer can run one but defnetly check it out if this is something you plan on doing often.

yard_smart
12-28-2007, 02:22 AM
No need for chemicals on the brick house. On the concrete you may want to invest into a surface cleaner. Im not sure if your pressure washer can run one but defnetly check it out if this is something you plan on doing often.

with that small of a gpm your gonna have to use a very small surface cleaner

PRESSURE PACKED
12-28-2007, 06:47 AM
For Concrete 10 To 15 Cents Per Square Foot For Pavers 10 To 20 Cents yoU Can Go Lower But Thats On You....residential

Lower Than That For Commercial

LeifGreen
01-17-2008, 12:59 PM
My brother does pressure washing. he does .08 square foot for com. not sure what his res.

J & M Lawn Care
01-17-2008, 06:12 PM
For Concrete 10 To 15 Cents Per Square Foot For Pavers 10 To 20 Cents yoU Can Go Lower But Thats On You....residential

Lower Than That For Commercial

what are some good chemicals to use on concrete to get dirt and such off. People have told me to use outdoor bleach and lime 101,, but thought i would ask you guys also. What is a good chemical to use on getting oil off also

So would straight water(no chemicals) get alot of stuff off?

so a 20x60 driveway would be 1,200 sq ft at $.10 sq ft= $120 right

PRESSURE PACKED
01-17-2008, 08:10 PM
what are some good chemicals to use on concrete to get dirt and such off. People have told me to use outdoor bleach and lime 101,, but thought i would ask you guys also. What is a good chemical to use on getting oil off also

So would straight water(no chemicals) get alot of stuff off?

so a 20x60 driveway would be 1,200 sq ft at $.10 sq ft= $120 right

FOR MOLD YOU USE A PRE TREATMENT OF CHLORINE 50/50 H20/CHLORINE
FOR RUST YOU CAN USE OXALIC ACID....GET THIS FROM A CHEMICAL SUPPLY STORE,,,I JUST BOUGHT A POWDER MIXTURE THAT MAKES 55 GALLONS..IT COST ME 80 BUCKS..COMPARE THAT TO 9.00 A GALLON FOR RUST AID...
FOR OIL A HEAVY DUTY DEGRESER AND A WIRE BRUSH WOULD BE THE BEST WAY..FOLLOWED BY A PRESSURE CLEANING
AS FOR THE PRICE..THATS CORRECT BUT NOT IF IT HAS OIL OR RUST..OBVIOUSLY YOU WOULD CHARGE ACCORDINGLY

LeifGreen
01-18-2008, 08:47 AM
go to http://www.thegrimescene.com/. my brother does pressure washing and this site helped him a lot. if you have any Q pm him. his user name is 4000psi.

leif

SNAPPER MAN
01-23-2008, 09:49 PM
Ya I charge $.10 a square foot. It works out good and I make a great profit.

executive property maintenance
01-24-2008, 10:46 AM
so do you pull out atape measure or do you eye ball it?

Happy Frog
01-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Always measure the driveway (trust me). You can pick up a metering wheel at Harbor Freight Tools for $10.00...
For stained driveways, downstream F-18 (http://www.pressuretek.com) and use hot water if you can.
For mold downstream Sodium Hypochlorite (chlorine) and Simple Cherry.
Oxalic acid is for rust stains (won't work good on mold :nono:)
I charge $0.12-$0.15 per sq ft and I use a surface cleaner.

J & M Lawn Care
01-24-2008, 09:21 PM
Always measure the driveway (trust me). You can pick up a metering wheel at Harbor Freight Tools for $10.00...
For stained driveways, downstream F-18 (http://www.pressuretek.com) and use hot water if you can.
For mold downstream Sodium Hypochlorite (chlorine) and Simple Cherry.
Oxalic acid is for rust stains (won't work good on mold :nono:)
I charge $0.12-$0.15 per sq ft and I use a surface cleaner.

yeah i want to clean drive ways, sidewalks, homes, and more and customers say WOW what a differance.. i just need ot knwo exactly the right chemicals to use and such

at this time i dont have a hot water unit

executive property maintenance
01-24-2008, 11:14 PM
when you guys refer to a hot water unit what do you do carry a tank of hot water in your truck

nitro121
01-25-2008, 08:59 AM
starting w/ a hot water system....if you had the extra 1500 laying around to upgrade? Then...would you use that on every job...never use cold water again? Or...is the hot water unit only good for certain jobs and doesn't make a big difference in house, roof, or concrete cleaning?

v/r
Gary

Don M.
03-20-2008, 02:16 PM
For house washing, roof cleaning you dont need hot water. I have cleaned concrete without hot water. The issue is if you run into a lot of oil on driveway or gum for commerical places, you will need hot water to get that stuff up.

Just for resi, use a high gpm, low psi set up and it would work great.

Kennedy Landscaping
01-26-2009, 10:15 PM
How does the powerwashing market do for you. I have a washer but never really thought about getting into doing it for other people.

jbmillion
01-27-2009, 09:30 PM
when you guys refer to a hot water unit what do you do carry a tank of hot water in your truck

its a diesel unit that heats the water in between the pressure washer and the wand...no tank of hot water

MC Handy Man
01-27-2009, 10:31 PM
after you bid your job and go underway of doing it use your head to avoid damage. I know guys who have applyed chemicals in the washer and the run off seeped into the grass and burned the grass, so all that hard work you have done around there would be ruined. Also, when doing brick houses, be carfull and watch how the grout react to the sprayer, you could possibly wash away the grout if the grout is not already in good shape. The guy I was talking about also craeted an extension to put on the wand that had a hook on it so he could extend it up to the gutters and spray/flush them out.

precisionpower
02-07-2009, 05:56 PM
How does the powerwashing market do for you. I have a washer but never really thought about getting into doing it for other people.

The PW'ing industry is great. However, it is not for everyone. I see way too many folks that believe since they can turn the PW'er on, they know and understand how to use it efficiently. Do your due diligence, study hard, and make sure you learn before you make a mistake on someone's house!