PDA

View Full Version : Experiencing Euphoria

pete scalia
11-03-2007, 07:23 PM
To me selling a lighting job is got to be the closest thing to heaven on earth. Anyone else feel this way or should I promptly find my way to the nearest psychiatrists office?
I'm going out tomorrow and I'm going to experience Euphoria.
I'll keep you posted.

NightScenes
11-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Don't tell me your going to be out selling on Sunday Pete.

pete scalia
11-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Don't tell me your going to be out selling on Sunday Pete.

If you are not out selling you are being outsold.

pete scalia
11-03-2007, 08:22 PM
After reflecting for a moment I'd have to say the act of selling the job is a slight second to the actual implementation, the following through and completion of the job. To me it's all a glorious feeling.

Chris J
11-04-2007, 12:55 AM
Sunday is the sabbath day, which is the day of rest and worship. I assume that my customers respect this day as much as I do, therefore I do not impose my business on them during this 24 hour period. Monday always comes, and if a job can't wait until "Monday" then who are you dealing with?
Again, anyone performing sales calls on Sunday is desperate to say the least.
Maybe a ball game with your children, or a nice pic-nic with your wife would be more appropriate on this day? Please, spend some time with your family and get off the computer.
It's late, and my wife and I have gotten a real laugh out of this, but we are going to bed now. Sweet dreams little buddy; everything will be OK.

XOXOXOXOX (hugs and kisses)

NightScenes
11-04-2007, 09:19 AM
I think I'll just get outsold on Sunday. I'll make up for it the rest of the week.

klkanders
11-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Hey Paul! Those are 2 great sentences! Take Care!

pete scalia
11-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Pete did nail it down on a sunday. Brings home the bacon and keeps the wheels a greased and in motion. Pete Scalia, like Mr. Trump works 24/7 and thinks those that don't are slackers and will never achieve their full potential. Thank you Mr. Trump for your great advice you have been a great mentor. Mr. Trump sleeps 3-4 hours an evening because he is so passionate about his work. Pete tries to emulate his mentor.

YardPro
11-04-2007, 05:50 PM
LOL,

we're booked solid until may 08.....

i spent a euphoric day today with the wife and son....THAT is what life's all about...

if i had to sell 7 days a week i'd find another profession.

pete scalia
11-04-2007, 05:54 PM
LOL,

we're booked solid until may 08.....

i spent a euphoric day today with the wife and son....THAT is what life's all about...

if i had to sell 7 days a week i'd find another profession.

That's what you think

YardPro
11-04-2007, 06:23 PM
if you have a family and still feel this way then you have your priorities totally wrong.

and if i cannot sell enough work during the week to keep my crews busy (we are to the level in our business that my time is spent on sales, and QC, NOT the labor of the work itself) then i need to work on either my sales approach.
Any salesman worth his salt can easially sell more work than two crews can handle just selling during the week.

also...
referring to yourself in the third person is a sign of mental imbalance...LOL

TXNSLighting
11-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Pease stop with the third person...

pete scalia
11-04-2007, 08:24 PM
The harder Pete works the luckier Pete gets.

cgland
11-04-2007, 09:20 PM
The more Pete talks, the dumber Pete sounds!

Chris

YardPro
11-05-2007, 08:17 PM
LOL
chris, you hit the nail on the head

anybody remember the seinfield with "jimmy" who kept referring to himself in the third person...

Chris J
11-05-2007, 09:16 PM
:drinkup: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Chris J. Check your PM

pete scalia
11-06-2007, 12:07 AM
You go on a sales call when it's convenient for all decision makers. Sunday happened to be the only day the husband can make a meeting. Was well worth it. I walked out of the place with a 10K lighting job. I will take that any day of the week including sunday. Whose laughing now.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SamIV
11-06-2007, 12:31 AM
As one of my young sons would say, I think someone is telling a big fib here.

Burt Wilson
Accent Outdoor Lighting

pete scalia
11-06-2007, 09:15 AM
As one of my young sons would say, I think someone is telling a big fib here.

Burt Wilson
Accent Outdoor Lighting

Just because you are not selling jobs doesn't mean that others aren't. I couldn't care less what you Believe . My toes are tapping. Bunch of jealous ones the whole lot of ya.

Chris J
11-06-2007, 09:40 AM
You go on a sales call when it's convenient for all decision makers. Sunday happened to be the only day the husband can make a meeting. Was well worth it. I walked out of the place with a 10K lighting job. I will take that any day of the week including sunday. Whose laughing now.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do to get the job. More power to ya. If Sunday is the only day that all decision makers could be there, then I can't really say that I wouldn't have done the same thing. As far as installing, however, not a chance on Sunday.

SamIV
11-06-2007, 01:54 PM
With almost 400 posts in 2 months, just seems this poster might be up to something else. Seems very reminiscent of a couple of posters from the past.

Burt Wilson
Accent Outdoor Lighting

pete scalia
11-06-2007, 09:24 PM
With almost 400 posts in 2 months, just seems this poster might be up to something else. Seems very reminiscent of a couple of posters from the past.

Burt Wilson
Accent Outdoor Lighting

What exactly do you think I'm up to? Criticized for contributing and keeping the forum moving along. What a joke of a remark.

Chris J
11-07-2007, 12:38 AM
I recall someone saying something about people who are on this forum a lot must not be that busy. I believe it is in the "Just Lighting" thread. Do you remember who it was that said this Mr. Trump, work-a-holic, 3 hours of sleep per night, 24/7, will work on Sunday so your not a slacker, he's my mentor, yippie!

YardPro
11-07-2007, 08:51 PM
LOL,

pete,

we do over $1M/year in sales. So don't think for a minute i am jealous. We are booked through Next may.
I think that a lot of the flak you get if from the way you present yourself.

If you are such an apostle of trump why are you here? Donald does not have the time to hang out on online forums and shoot the breeze with fellow tradesmen. He spends his time working on deals, etc. I am sure his book covers wasting your energies on unproductive tasks...

SamIV
11-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Could be someone is not really who he claims to be.

Burt Wilson
Accent Outdoor Lighting

pete scalia
11-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Update, Pete signed another deal today (sunday). This will be done spring 2008 as Pete and his rag tag crew of outdoor lighters are booked till mid December 2007 when they close down for the season. I'd like to thank all of my fellow lawnsite associates who have supported me through my tenure here. :cool2:

JoeyD
11-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Nice job Pete! How about using some Unique on the job's!!

Joey D.

pete scalia
11-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Nice job Pete! How about using some Unique on the job's!!

Joey D.

I would love to, providing Unique doesn't have anything against jobs sold on sundays.

irrig8r
11-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Update, Pete signed another deal today (sunday). This will be done spring 2008 as Pete and his rag tag crew of outdoor lighters are booked till mid December 2007 when they close down for the season. I'd like to thank all of my fellow lawnsite associates who have supported me through my tenure here. :cool2:

I'm happy for you Pete. have you talked to your distributor or factory reps about price increases yet? Did you factor those into your bid for next year?

pete scalia
11-11-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm happy for you Pete. have you talked to your distributor or factory reps about price increases yet? Did you factor those into your bid for next year?

No , I'm just happy to get the deposit and the contract for the spring. Prospect Acting now guarantees a job and eliminates my competition. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. Any increase in prices will come out of my end.

YardPro
11-11-2007, 08:36 PM
why, when booking a job you know will not be performed until spring, would you NOT include at least the normal 5% price material price increase?