PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Bobcat 430 ZHS problems

Fordsuvparts
11-03-2007, 10:15 PM
I am trying to find some one with experience with the late model bobcat mini Ex. I was using it today to move some small wood debris into a fire pit with a thumb, and the raise and lower function on the joystick stopped working so the boom is stuck half way up in the air. The last section of the boom works operates just fine nd the bucket. This machine has only 600 hours on it and has had several small hydraulic issues since we had it. There are no leaks no busted lines and the computer has no troubles codes, it did not get hot, no strange noises it just stopped working. I let it sit for 4 hours and then came back and tried it again, and still nothing. I call the after hours technician for bobcat and it seems that they conveniently have it set to a number that is disconnected. I think that they had some sort of problem with the mater valve or something twice, and when you try and push a decent amount of dirt the pump starts squealing so i just take little bites. If anyone can help me i would be indebted.

ksss
11-03-2007, 10:28 PM
It sounds like a valving problem to me. No likely that it can be fixed without a tech. Unless you are well versed in such things.

cat2
11-03-2007, 10:30 PM
It isn't under warranty is it? If it is tell bobcat to come and get it.:hammerhead:

Dirty Water
11-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Those bobcats are E/H right...

I would be checking for continuity with the switches on the joystick.

Gravel Rat
11-04-2007, 01:09 AM
You are probably better off having the bobcat service man to look at it. When it comes to servos and hydraulics its better off letting the dealer mechanic to look at it. I have watched dealer mechanics figure out electrical problems quicker than a heavy duty mechanic.

Scag48
11-04-2007, 03:49 AM
I wasn't under the impression these machines are E/H, but I don't know for certain so I can't draw any conclusions. The only reasoning I believe that they aren't is that the pump squeals, there's something fishy there. If they were E/H it would be easy to assume the only issue would be a faulty electrical connection and the only symptom would be the boom would stop moving. But the squealing of the pump and lack of pushing power lies something deeper. The boom cylinder has the largest bore and stroke of any other cylinder on the machine and requires the most fluid to move. Technically, if you lost pressure completely, the boom would slam to the ground. I think something in the pump is hung up, if that boom stays up in the air and doesn't budge for a couple days I'd be looking at a pressure block somewhere in the pump or a pinched line somewhere, possibly a bad pilot control line or valve.

bobcat_ron
11-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Trust me, every time I see a new Bobcat excavator in the shop, there is something wrong. It's no wonder Bobcat mini's aren't on the top of the list for rental companies. They need something more reliable.

ksss
11-04-2007, 02:38 PM
The Bobcat dealer here does not push the BC mini ex very hard. They are also Deere/Hitachi dealers and feel more comfortable with those machines. The BC excavator is pilot controls only the skid steer is E/H. They need to rework that mini ex line.