PDA

View Full Version : Cat D3, D4, and D5 K Series Dozers

dozerman21
11-04-2007, 01:34 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew any more info on these? I only looked over the D3. It looks like they gave it a little more power, but it is heavier and a little bigger. The cab forward design is nice, and it looks like it's got great visibility and creature comforts. The blade shake button is cool if it works.

IMO, Cat is long overdue for a revamp on their finish dozers. I figured they had something in the works. I hadn't heard anything on these until I stumbled across this yesterday.

So what's they scoop? Anyone (cough, Tiggerator, cough) :) have anything they are allowed to add to this, especially a release date? Or will this be Top Secret, Area 51, X-Files information that we won't see for a while?

Here's the link... http://www.innovationandquality.com/1969/index.cfm

Scag48
11-04-2007, 02:23 AM
I read over the brochures online yesterday, they look super sweet in the cab. The new joysticks are definately a needed improvement, Deere had been stomping Deere with the 550/650H and newer dozer steering control stick. The newly designed stick looks to be much more comfortable and easier to use.

Komatsu's D51, while in D6K category, looks to be an awesome machine. I saw one on a big freeway job just north of here about a month or so ago, looked super sweet. Cat's K series should be up to this par I would hope.

Tigerotor77W
11-04-2007, 03:29 AM
I actually have no idea... the dates on these tractors have fluctuated a ton. To give you an idea, I operated a D4K prototype in 2005... two years ago... and it was already in pretty decent shape (no serious redesigns followed).

bobcat_ron
11-04-2007, 10:56 AM
The new K series D6 from CAT is a work horse, I was really impressed with the balde shake. I had the chance to run a JD 700J, but not much can be said about it compared to the CAT, CAT is American made whereas the JD is a re-painted Liebherr, but German quality was damn fine though. The D-4 Hystat I run is a great machine but all these little dozers all need the same torsion bar set up that the bigger boys use.

Tigerotor77W
11-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Mmm careful... the 700J is not a repainted Liebherr and the Cat is not American-made. :)

The D6K is manufactured in Grenoble, France.

bobcat_ron
11-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Uh-oh, seems CAT reps here are a little over educated, but however, here is the proof of the JD/Liebherr similarities

John Deere:
http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/construction/deere_const/media/pdf/dozer/DKA700J.pdf

Liebherr:
http://www.liebherr.com/downloads/PR714-GB-TB.pdf

Same deal as the Hitachi. Deere builds very little of their own heavy equipment, some of the models they do "build" according to the local reps here are the TLB's (the 110 might be Yanmar's, 310-710) 450-650 dozers and all skidsteers.
The rest are from Champion (graders) Hitachi (excavators and front end loaders and maybe the older smaller dozers) Moxy (ADT's) Liebherr (Larger dozers and tracked loaders)

But correct me if I'm wrong.

Tigerotor77W
11-04-2007, 03:57 PM
The 700J is a Deere machine, just as the 700H was a Deere machine. The 712B did not become the 714 on Liebherr engineering; rather, Deere sources its 700J to Liebherr (just as Liebherr sources its track loaders and 744 and 754 dozers to Deere). But regardless: the 700J is an American product. There may be more German engineering than, say, in the 300-series skid-steers, but this is one machine that Deere builds for Liebherr.

The graders are not Champion graders.
Hitachi does not product Deere's front-end loaders. Those are Deere products by-and-by.
Moxy doesn't build Deere's ADTs; Bell does.

bobcat_ron
11-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Now I am corrected, Bell is the name I keep getting mixed up on, although I have seen a few older grey market Hitachi front end loaders that looked closely to Deere's.

bobcat_ron
11-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Also on a side note, when I ran the Deere 700J, the feature I found most impressive was the self leveling of the blade when you angle it left or right, on a 6 way PAT blade, if you put the blade with the cutting edge on a flat level surface, and angle the blade L/R, as you pull up or push the blade down while pushing, you have to constantly correct the side angle as he outer corner of the blade will always dig in deeper than the opposing side, Deere's hydraulics did that automatically, like the hydraulic self leveling feature on most skid steer loaders, I found that very useful when windrowing material to one side.

Tigerotor77W
11-04-2007, 05:21 PM
(I should note that I didn't mean offense or anything condescending in my posts... they were just typed hastily. I apologize if I came across as either of those.)

I'm trying to verify the point about the 700J.

Fieldman12
11-04-2007, 08:53 PM
The ADT's as already mentioned are Bell's
Champion graders are now VOLVO.
Deere makes there own smaller dozers. The bigger dozers and track loaders are Liebherr.
Wheel loaders are made by Deere
Track hoes are made by Hitachi
Deere makes there own skid steer's
Deere makes there own backhoes
Im pretty sure they make there own grader
Correct me if Im wrong on anything but I think this is all correct.

bobcat_ron
11-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Wow, Champion is now Volvo???? Maybe that's what our Volvo rep was saying when he was yacking about how crappy the Volvo skidsteers are now..................

Tigerotor77W
11-05-2007, 01:01 AM
Volvo bought the full-size Champion line and left the smallest machines (i.e. single rear axle graders) to Champion.

But the Volvo skid-steers are the former Scat-Trak models.

bobcat_ron
11-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Yeah, funny about that name Scat track, look up the word "scat" in the dictionary, it means "animal poop/droppings!!

We nearly bought one of them, thank god for the bobcat 753!

Fieldman12
11-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Yeah the Volvo skid steers are Scat-Trak skid steers.

bobcat_ron
11-05-2007, 07:51 PM
And they are the WORST skidsteers out there.

farm_boy
11-05-2007, 10:37 PM
The ADT's as already mentioned are Bell's
Champion graders are now VOLVO.
Deere makes there own smaller dozers. The bigger dozers and track loaders are Liebherr.
Wheel loaders are made by Deere
Track hoes are made by Hitachi
Deere makes there own skid steer's
Deere makes there own backhoes
Im pretty sure they make there own grader
Correct me if Im wrong on anything but I think this is all correct.

Actually Fieldman, both Deere and Hitachi (at least 120 - 350) are build in a Deere plant in Kennersville NC. Difference between these smaller machines is the engine and cooling package. The 450-850 are built in Japan at a Hitachi plant and the only difference between a Deere and Hitachi is that high strength orange paint.:weightlifter: