PDA

View Full Version : Microcosm of the future> Town runs out of water

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Is Kiril right that irrigation is a dead end industry? this link gives it validity.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071102/ap_on_re_us/town_without_water

Kiril
11-04-2007, 08:16 AM
Yes, sad but true. First item on the chopping block when water becomes scarce......landscapes. The more it happens, the more people will stop looking at spending big bucks putting in an irrigation system they can't even use, and landscapes that are not suited for the regional conditions.

Irrigation of the future -> weather control

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Irrigation of the future -> weather control

I'm not letting you off that easy.<Elaborate>

Kiril
11-04-2007, 08:22 AM
I'm not letting you off that easy.<Elaborate>

on demand regional showers -> "natural" irrigation -> environmental disaster = earth implodes

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-04-2007, 08:25 AM
I hear the chinese are planning to fire rockets to chase away the rain or something of the sorts to limit rain during the Beijing olympics.

Kiril
11-04-2007, 08:27 AM
I hear the chinese are planning to fire rockets to chase away the rain or something of the sorts to limit rain during the Beijing olympics.

:laugh: Got a link to that? Curious how that works.

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Try this for start. Weather Modification Office. Sounds very 1984ish
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/06/05/china.rain/index.html

mojob
11-04-2007, 10:27 AM
And we're still letting more and more people immigrate to this country. Go figure.

hoskm01
11-05-2007, 11:16 AM
And the growth is in the driest parts... Brilliant.

Mike Leary
11-05-2007, 04:13 PM
And the growth is in the driest parts... Brilliant.

That'll be quite a sight when Sun City runs out..SUVs loaded and
heading out..kinna like a modern day "Grapes of Wrath".

hoskm01
11-05-2007, 05:44 PM
That'll be quite a sight when Sun City runs out..SUVs loaded and
heading out..kinna like a modern day "Grapes of Wrath".

The Rendezvous' cargo space will be limited by the walkers and pill boxes.:laugh: :laugh:

Say Rendezvous' (thats the plural for you unedumucated types). Sounds a little funny.

hoskm01
11-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Many people may not know this about the valley (Phoenix metro area). Wholly based and built on farmlands, great irrigation systems (flood for farming, or built by me of course if youre talking residential). Maricopa county (all of metro area and then some) still farms about 33% of its land. All of this land is irrigated by the Salt River and CAP (Central Arizona Project) which brings a HUGE amount of water to the valley for both farm irrigation and residential supply. Thanks to the northlands for the drink!

Mike Leary
11-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Many people may not know this about the valley (Phoenix metro area). Wholly based and built on farmlands, great irrigation systems (flood for farming, or built by me of course if youre talking residential). Maricopa county (all of metro area and then some) still farms about 33% of its land. All of this land is irrigated by the Salt River and CAP (Central Arizona Project) which brings a HUGE amount of water to the valley for both farm irrigation and residential supply. Thanks to the northlands for the drink!

Sure not much left where the river hits the (ex) wetlands at the border.:cry:

londonrain
11-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Just had a call from a customer that one of the water systems have stopped all irrigation out of one of the lakes....

hoskm01
11-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Just had a call from a customer that one of the water systems have stopped all irrigation out of one of the lakes....
Ouch; The problem spreads