PDA

View Full Version : overseed question

kevhov
11-04-2007, 01:30 PM
What do you guys charge for overseeding?

baddboygeorge
11-04-2007, 11:16 PM
what do you charge! I tell ya the best way to learn buddy . lose your ass a few times an I promise you will learn! thanks George

kevhov
11-05-2007, 01:48 AM
Thanks, that's very helpful.

baddboygeorge
11-05-2007, 08:49 PM
wasn't being a smart ass just the best way to learn!!thanks George

kevhov
11-06-2007, 02:54 AM
That's okay. I meant overseeding bermuda with rye. If you lost your ass before, what would you charge now, let's say per 1/4 acre. I'm in South Carolina and a lot of people do that, although I have bermuda in my own yard and love the grass turning brown. It looks different and kind of gives you that change of seasons feel.

loom-gen
11-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Does this include two or three spray kill attempts before you break out the tiller?
-till yard $400.00 to $800.00
-50 yards of enriched topsoil 2" deep @ $55 a yard $2750.00
-10 bags of fescue @ $1. 20 a lb. = $600.00 plus application fee. and 4 bags of starter.
4k should cover it.

Verticut and overseed would be $27 - $30 per thousand sq feet. $300 to $350 should cover it. @ 4-6 lb per thousand w/a starter.
btw- do it right and never loose your ass.

clallen03
11-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Does this include two or three spray kill attempts before you break out the tiller?
-till yard $400.00 to $800.00
-50 yards of enriched topsoil 2" deep @ $55 a yard $2750.00
-10 bags of fescue @ $1. 20 a lb. = $600.00 plus application fee. and 4 bags of starter.
4k should cover it.

Verticut and overseed would be $27 - $30 per thousand sq feet. $300 to $350 should cover it. @ 4-6 lb per thousand w/a starter.
btw- do it right and never loose your ass.

This guy either is joking, didn't read all of the post, or just flat out doesn't know what he is talking about. It is really unfair to the original poster to give this type of info because this type of mistake may cost him is business.

Im going to assume you didn't read all the post. If this is the case he stated he is overseeding Bermuda with rye. A tiller on this lawn is a law suite waiting to happen.

All that needs to be done in this situation is to scalp the Bermuda as low as you can and bag all clippings. Aerate the heck out of it. Three directions should be enough. I like to seed a little heavier then the recommended rate. Then water on a regular schedule. You should start seeing results in about two weeks. Simple as that!

Scalping Bermuda - 120.00
Dump clippings - 25.00
Aerate lawn - 125.00 + rental fees (if applicable)
3 bags of seeds (including spreading) - 320.00
1 bag of starter fert (including spreading) - 45.00
Total - $635.00 + rental fees (if applicable)

Now this is about what I would charge if all conditions were ideal. Its very important that you really take into consideration who you take your advice from and just as important to read the entire thread before we post.

Im not trying to jump down anyones throat just want us all to be careful when giving advice and taking advice.

Hope this helps.:usflag:

Rcgm
11-09-2007, 07:30 PM
:dizzy: :hammerhead: This has to be the most useless thread. The guy was asking about what someone charges I believe to overseed a lawn per 1000 square feet. He gets to great answers a break down of some crazy formula without measuring what if his yard was 4000 square feet? He just screwed the customer. WHat if the lawn was 16 acres he just lost his business. WHat do you charge?Loose your ass you will learn. That is great to tell someone on a help forum. Come on guys. Kev I do not know about bermuda grass what rate you are suppose to over seed it.Call your local landscape supply company and ask them what they recommend Pounds per thousand and triple the price of the seed and figure in how long it will take you and then go off your hourly rate.

RCGM
Brad

Rcgm
11-09-2007, 07:31 PM
This guy either is joking, didn't read all of the post, or just flat out doesn't know what he is talking about. It is really unfair to the original poster to give this type of info because this type of mistake may cost him is business.

Im going to assume you didn't read all the post. If this is the case he stated he is overseeding Bermuda with rye. A tiller on this lawn is a law suite waiting to happen.

All that needs to be done in this situation is to scalp the Bermuda as low as you can and bag all clippings. Aerate the heck out of it. Three directions should be enough. I like to seed a little heavier then the recommended rate. Then water on a regular schedule. You should start seeing results in about two weeks. Simple as that!

Scalping Bermuda - 120.00
Dump clippings - 25.00
Aerate lawn - 125.00 + rental fees (if applicable)
3 bags of seeds (including spreading) - 320.00
1 bag of starter fert (including spreading) - 45.00
Total - $635.00 + rental fees (if applicable)

Now this is about what I would charge if all conditions were ideal. Its very important that you really take into consideration who you take your advice from and just as important to read the entire thread before we post.

Im not trying to jump down anyones throat just want us all to be careful when giving advice and taking advice.

Hope this helps.:usflag:

Exactly :clapping:

kevhov
11-10-2007, 12:09 PM
thanx guys