PDA

View Full Version : High IR Lamps

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-04-2007, 04:43 PM
I have an interior project coming on line that is going to be problematic. It is a large log home and the owners have gone with a dark brown interior stain, something I had not planned on. The lighting system cannot be changed at this point and I am worried about the reduced reflectivity off of the walls and floor.

I am now looking at using the high IR MR16 Lamps from either GE or Sylvania Osram. I see that they generally produce light levels in excess of what 50W lamps do for around 37W and the CBCP is significantly increased.

Do you have any experience with high IR MR16 lamps?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-06-2007, 01:20 AM
Hmmm 18 reads of this post and not a single reply.

Has no one out there any experience using these High IR (infra red) MR16 Lamps?

Eden Lights
11-06-2007, 02:30 AM
Hmmm 18 reads of this post and not a single reply.

Has no one out there any experience using these High IR (infra red) MR16 Lamps?

The Osram IRC works as advertised, call Craig at Fusa Corp and he can hook you up. It doesn't have the life of the GE Constant Color, but we use the BAB40 and 60 in place of 35 watters when trying to get room on a trans if needed. We don't design them in the system, but we use them as problem solvers.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-06-2007, 02:33 AM
Thanks Eden....

I have a source on both, only a couple bucks more then standard lamps. Didnt notice they made them in 20w configurations too.

Have a great day.

NightScenes
11-06-2007, 06:05 PM
James, I would contact Naomi Miller on this issue. She is top notch in the field of interior lighting design. www.nmlightingdesign.com .

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the information Paul.