PDA

View Full Version : Controller Box

ljhall
11-05-2007, 01:10 PM
My system will go through all 4 watering times, but then it starts all over again and will not shut off automatically. Do you think I need to replace my controller box?

Kiril
11-05-2007, 01:14 PM
You need to give more detail (what controller, what is the schedule), but it sounds to me like it is stacking or delayed starts (eg. soak times). Check your run times against your start times and soak setting if applicable.

Shuvelin'
11-05-2007, 01:46 PM
You have too many start times. You only need one start time, not a start time for each station.

jerryrwm
11-05-2007, 02:07 PM
You have programmed a start time for each station - mistake.
Go to "Start time" "Cycle Start" or whatever it is called on your controller.
Then zero out start time 2, start time 3, and start time 4. Leave start time 1 alone.

You have programmed 4 start times and the controller is doing exactly what you told it to do. As soon as it finishes the first start time, it looks at the stacked times on 2, 3, & 4 and it starts over. And it will do that until it catches up.

irrig8r
11-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Evryone here has the right idea.

Just be aware too that some controllers have 12 or more available start times per program.

I had a customer with a Hardie Total Control once, whose gardener thought he had to assign a separate start time for each of 16 zones. The controller had 16 start times available, so it went on,... and on.... and on...

A program is essentially a watering calendar that you set up and assign watering zones to. That way you can water shrub areas and lawn areas on different days or at different times of day depending on their needs.

So, if you have more than one program being used, there may even be multiple start times on multiple programs.

Kiril
11-05-2007, 04:06 PM
I had a customer with a Hardie Total Control once, whose gardener thought he had to assign a separate start time for each of 16 zones. The controller had 16 start times available, so it went on,... and on.... and on...

Same here. Seems like a pretty common problem with HO's and some lawn boys as well.

Mike Leary
11-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Any clock that has multiple starts or multiple programs is subject to these
"phantom start times". I've made a ton of money zeroing the clock &
returning to one program (unless there's drip), one start time. The "Touch
Command" (great clock, by the way) could really get screwed up.

ljhall
11-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Sorry for the confusion. I have the Hunter SRC 6000i system. The start time is 4:00 AM, with 4 stations. When the system starts, it will go through the cycle, but then it will start at station 1 again and continue to run through 2, 3 and 4 or until I stop it. What can I do to correct this problem?

jerryrwm
11-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Sorry for the confusion. I have the Hunter SRC 6000i system. The start time is 4:00 AM, with 4 stations. When the system starts, it will go through the cycle, but then it will start at station 1 again and continue to run through 2, 3 and 4 or until I stop it. What can I do to correct this problem?Reread posts #3, #4. You have confused Station run times with Cycle start times.
You only need one start time say at 4:00AM.
Your station run times will be say 10 min each. so by 4:40 AM the system will shut down.
What you have done is start at 4:00 am then at 4:10 am then at 4:20 am and again at 4:30 am. if each station is set for 10 minutes. (You fill in your own run times here) So what happens is the system runs each station starting at 4:00 am and then at 4:40 am when cycle start one finishes, it starts over with station 1 at 4:40 am. that cycle will finish at 5:20 am, but then since you have another cycle start time it will start ove with station one and run until it finishes at 6:00 am, but then it will restart with station one and run until 6:40 am and then it will finally shut off.

h2oman
11-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Make sure that your dial is set to auto. Some lawn co.'s turn the system to test just to get the grass to pop up after a cut, and had to go out and switch them back to auto. Mostly RB controllers, though. Just a thought.

Mike Leary
11-05-2007, 06:24 PM
You've got multiples of something going...programs..start times.."cycle &
soak" (A loop to avoid runoff that splits the time up.) ZERO the clock..take
everything off. You'll prolly have to re enter the time date etc., but that will
get rid of the "phantoms". One program, one start time for all zones. They
will run 1, 2. etc. Don't program each zone or each zone start time for the
time being. I've never heard of a clock doing this on it's own....we call it
"pilot error".:hammerhead:

Mike Leary
11-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Hey pal...don't double thread us again..we're confused enough & strive to
give informative help.:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

CAPT Stream Rotar
11-05-2007, 08:24 PM
hey mike i think you need to take some relax medication.
stat.

Mike Leary
11-05-2007, 08:40 PM
hey mike i think you need to take some relax medication.
stat.

I'm on it Dr. CSR..that double thread freaked me out..like alternative
universes.:dizzy: