PDA

View Full Version : controller Box

ljhall
11-05-2007, 06:32 PM
my system has only one (1) start time. It starts at 4:00 AM. Station 1 start at 4:00 AM, station 2 at 5:00 AM, station 3 at 6:00 AM and station 4 at 7:00 AM. After a pause, it starts again to go thru the cycle again. What can I do to stop it from going thru the cycle again. Shoud I replace the controller box?

londonrain
11-05-2007, 06:38 PM
my system has only one (1) start time. It starts at 4:00 AM. Station 1 start at 4:00 AM, station 2 at 5:00 AM, station 3 at 6:00 AM and station 4 at 7:00 AM. After a pause, it starts again to go thru the cycle again. What can I do to stop it from going thru the cycle again. Shoud I replace the controller box?
Go to your controller and put the dial on start times. Write down the time showing, Then push the right arrow button and write down the time showing, Then push the right arrow button once again and write down the time, Then push the right arrow button one final time and write down the time, So you will have pushed the right arrow button 3 times and you will write down 4 times and then report back...

irrig8r
11-05-2007, 06:41 PM
This is the 2nd thread started by this user with a variant of the same question. There were several answers to this earlier today. I don't man to be rude but I think the solution is that the homeowner go over to the DIY forum instead.

londonrain
11-05-2007, 06:43 PM
There were several answers to this earlier today, all of which have been deleted by a moderator. I wasted 10 minutes of my lunch time composing an answer and trying to be helpful, but it's gone along with 4 others. I think the idea is that the homeowner is supposed to go over to the DIY forum instead.lol...just got back in from a full day of repairs..must have missed the deleted posts...

Jason Rose
11-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Erase all the extra start times!!! I see this all too often... You only need ONE start time per program, not per zone/station. The stations run sequentally on their own for their programed time.

I can't tell you how many controlers Iv'e found that were programed this way... Nothing like showing up to mow and finding a LAKE because joe homeowner decided that he knows how to program his clock. Found them programed exactly this way, and the system was running over and over again for days.

Mike Leary
11-05-2007, 06:52 PM
lol...just got back in from a full day of repairs..must have missed the deleted posts...

Yep, I was one of them, I have no problems with homeowner questions,
& I thought my reply was a pretty easy fix. Mike, what's happening?

Mike Leary
11-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Yep, I was one of them, I have no problems with homeowner questions,
& I thought my reply was a pretty easy fix. Mike, what's happening?

Double thread...just noticed.:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

irrig8r
11-06-2007, 12:55 AM
Double thread...just noticed.:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

yeah... I edited my post about deletions after I saw the other thread was still there.... lots of good advice, but I don't think it's soaking in...

jerryrwm
11-06-2007, 07:18 AM
Since you won't listen to the advice given on the other thread and obviously not on this one either, then it is probably in your best interest to replace the controller. You should upgrade to the Hunter ICC or a Rainbird ESP-LX. And to make life easier for you, you should contact the irrigation installer, explain the present symptoms to him and then tell him that you have decided that, in spite of the advice that you have been given, that the controller needs to be replaced with an upgrade and that he should do it as part of your system warranty and it should be at no charge to you.

If that doesn't work, then shut off your irrigation system controller and drag out the hoses and the wave sprinkler.

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-06-2007, 07:48 AM
Since you won't listen to the advice given on the other thread and obviously not on this one either, then it is probably in your best interest to replace the controller. You should upgrade to the Hunter ICC or a Rainbird ESP-LX. And to make life easier for you, you should contact the irrigation installer, explain the present symptoms to him and then tell him that you have decided that, in spite of the advice that you have been given, that the controller needs to be replaced with an upgrade and that he should do it as part of your system warranty and it should be at no charge to you.

If that doesn't work, then shut off your irrigation system controller and drag out the hoses and the wave sprinkler.

I didn't read any of his posts or threads but I give this post a major DITTO.

Wet_Boots
11-06-2007, 07:58 AM
my system has only one (1) start time. It starts at 4:00 AM. Station 1 start at 4:00 AM, station 2 at 5:00 AM, station 3 at 6:00 AM and station 4 at 7:00 AM. After a pause, it starts again to go thru the cycle again. What can I do to stop it from going thru the cycle again. Shoud I replace the controller box?Repeat after me ~ "This is not a VCR"

Only a single start time is required, as designated by A1 - that is program letter A, start time number one. When a homeowner decides to assign additional start times with the idea that they are needed for the operation of zones two, three, four, etcetera, then they find themselves in the dilemma you describe.

Either read and understand the manual, or hire out the programming of your controller to someone who knows what he's doing.

Mike Leary
11-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Repeat after me ~ "This is not a VCR"

:laugh: :laugh: :hammerhead: That pretty much sums it up.

Kiril
11-07-2007, 09:42 AM
I might note there are justifiable reasons for using multiple starts even though everyone has stated you only need 1 start.