PDA

View Full Version : Truck #2 is here...

fiveoboy01
11-06-2007, 02:18 AM
'08 F-250, 5.4, 4x4 auto, extended cab, tan cloth interior, of course in WHITE....

Prob get it stickered to match the other one next month sometime.

Odd, it seems to sit a little lower than the other truck, looking at the pictures. But the wheel well opening between the tire and edge of the wheelwell looks larger on the newer truck. I'll have to get a tape measure and measure them suckers.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y127/fiveoboy01/IMG_0390.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y127/fiveoboy01/IMG_0393.jpg

RedMax Man
11-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Don't take it the wrong way but why did you buy another truck, basically the same size and model? Is one for the biz and the other for personal use?

How do you like the new exterior style?

Team-Green L&L
11-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Great truck...congrats. In our industry you just "opened a new location".

J&R Landscaping
11-06-2007, 08:27 AM
Truck looks nice but I'm a bit confused like redmax is...... Good luck with the new truck none the less!

Team-Green L&L
11-06-2007, 08:31 AM
I'm not sure what everyone's confusion is? The guy started another crew. The truck he bought is the most versatile truck I can think of, not too big and not too small, for maintenance and small landscaping. Was he supposed to buy a different model? We run all 1500 's and 2500's and wouldn't change that for the world. Only thing I would've done differently was to walk across the street to the CHEVY dealer and spend the extra couple grand.

DBL
11-06-2007, 09:31 AM
that new fords didnt impress me at first but grew on me and i think they look really nice good luck with it....what are your plans for it

jimmyburg
11-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Can you take pics of the inside?

fiveoboy01
11-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Sheesh didn't know I had to justify any new purchases to you guys, but what the hell:

The truck will be getting a plow and mount on it, and it is very likely it will be pulling a second trailer around next spring. It is more of a "personal" vehicle for my partner, but no less personal than the other one is for me. It will still be used for business use when it's needed.

I can't even count the number of times I could have used a second truck this year for various things, to either haul a dump trailer, or a load of mulch, etc etc etc.

Personally I think the front end is gay, especially the headlights, but the bro picked it. I would have looked for a slightly used or leftover '07:laugh:

I'll try to get some pictures of the interior today sometime.

RedMax Man
11-06-2007, 11:54 AM
I didn't know you had other guys working with you. I thought you were basically solo with a helper every once in a while.

I bet you could have found an '07. White is a popular color at least among the XL trim line.

Its nice though and will be another money maker. Looks better then those new Chevys.

What plow is going on? Boss?

fiveoboy01
11-06-2007, 12:00 PM
I am solo most of the time but not always. I believe that there will be a couple of employees next year. Likely myself and one employee and my partner and another employee. I like 2 man crews.

It's an XLT, fwiw.

We looked at the HD pickups. The front end and hood is ok but I can't stand the frickin wheelwells and the side view. They look so stupid. But, like I said the headlights on this one are ugly, so whatever I guess.

Yah another Boss. Is there any other choice:)

RedMax Man
11-06-2007, 12:53 PM
I am solo most of the time but not always. I believe that there will be a couple of employees next year. Likely myself and one employee and my partner and another employee. I like 2 man crews.

It's an XLT, fwiw.

We looked at the HD pickups. The front end and hood is ok but I can't stand the frickin wheelwells and the side view. They look so stupid. But, like I said the headlights on this one are ugly, so whatever I guess.

Yah another Boss. Is there any other choice:)

You can drive your current truck and your partner can drive the '08 since it seems like he's the one who likes it the most.
You should be able to compare them pretty close and see what improvements you like or dislike since they're very similar.

The Boss is very nice, If i were to buy new i think thats what i'd get. I don't see many of them out this way. Mostly yellow Fishers.

DoetschOutdoor
11-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Sweet truck! You might not care for the front end but I love the way the new Fords look. Just swap out those orange turn markers for some clears and it will look really clean. So this truck is a gasser? What kind of warranty do you get? Nice purchase

Guzman Properties
11-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Congrats on the purchase and good luck with it, whether it sits in your driveway or you drive it around each day.

TXNSLighting
11-06-2007, 03:48 PM
very nice! you made a good choice! i personally love the 08 body style, but i would never buy one since they come with an emmision freindly diesel tho!

LawnBoy89
11-06-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm confused...you bought a truck for your partner and you are solo? Or he is your brother? If he is your brother it makes sense otherwise a good idea would be trading in the 07 for the same model except diesel. I like the white 07 you have it's sharp and is a perfect work truck for the price. Good luck with it either way.

fiveoboy01
11-06-2007, 04:03 PM
I did not buy a truck for my partner(also my brother). He bought it. Just like I bought "mine"... The '06 is in my name, the '08 is in his name. Neither truck is owned by the business, but they're used for business(and some personal) use. Yes, it's all very confusing to me even:)

I often times refer to myself as solo, which I'm really not, there's my brother who is half of the partnership. However during the day I do most of the work, I speak with all the customers, I do all the estimates and billing, I maintain the equipment, hence I like to call myself solo even though technically I am not. Sorry for that bit of confusion.

DBL
11-06-2007, 04:10 PM
I did not buy a truck for my partner(also my brother). He bought it. Just like I bought "mine"... The '06 is in my name, the '08 is in his name. Neither truck is owned by the business, but they're used for business(and some personal) use. Yes, it's all very confusing to me even:)

I often times refer to myself as solo, which I'm really not, there's my brother who is half of the partnership. However during the day I do most of the work, I speak with all the customers, I do all the estimates and billing, I maintain the equipment, hence I like to call myself solo even though technically I am not. Sorry for that bit of confusion.

so what does your brother do to get a truck....i know its off topic but my intrest has peaked

RedMax Man
11-06-2007, 04:21 PM
So now will there be 2 maintenance crews? Your the boss of one and your brother is the other boss? Why didn't he post the pics.
...maybe he doesn't know about this sight. ssshhh:)

fiveoboy01
11-06-2007, 06:34 PM
How does he get the truck?

He goes into the dealership and forks out $, pretty simple.

No, he's not the internet type at all. Hence my posting the pics.

Keep in mind guys that we both have full time jobs aside from the LCO business but that's changing next spring, at least for me.

thefed
11-06-2007, 06:42 PM
WTF is this? 20 questions? leave the kid alone. they got a truck....just because you cant seee a reason to spend $xx,xxx on a brand new truck, he did...so he and his partner got one. whooopdee dooooo. stop grillin the man!!!

btw: fwiw .... nice truck!! i envy you....errr.....your bro...er...partner....err....lol

Supper Grassy
11-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Nice truck

deere615
11-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Its a good looking truck thats all that matters!

TXNSLighting
11-06-2007, 09:24 PM
I'm confused...you bought a truck for your partner and you are solo? Or he is your brother? If he is your brother it makes sense otherwise a good idea would be trading in the 07 for the same model except diesel. I like the white 07 you have it's sharp and is a perfect work truck for the price. Good luck with it either way.

there is no 07...

fiveoboy01
11-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Yah, the older one is an '06.

THEGOLDPRO
11-06-2007, 09:58 PM
looks good too but if i was going to spend that kind of money on a truck i def wouldent buy the 5.4 litre.

fiveoboy01
11-06-2007, 10:10 PM
I see no need for a diesel...

Yeah gas isn't cheap and the mileage isn't spectacular, but so what.

The front end of a diesel is heavy and then you hang another 1000# of plow on it, and I just don't like the feel of it.

I simply can't justify the 5-6K outlay for the diesel option, then you get to add the increased maintenance costs. I know the diesel will run longer, but I've had plenty of gas engines go 200K with few problems.

This would change if I was hauling very heavy loads.

South Florida Lawns
11-07-2007, 04:55 PM
I like it the 08 and the 2006. White is the best color for a work truck, kinda wish I went with that color. I am either considering a 1-ton or a cab over Isuzu next year.

dave k
11-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Looks good, even though I am a Bow tie kind of guy, it will give you good service. Hope it snows like crazy for you this year.

deere615
11-07-2007, 08:18 PM
I like it the 08 and the 2006. White is the best color for a work truck, kinda wish I went with that color. I am either considering a 1-ton or a cab over Isuzu next year.

Ya my next truck will be white too and a 3/4 ton! maybe black.

PlatinumLandCon
11-07-2007, 09:50 PM
I'm thinking white for my truck too. I gotta say, I hate the new front end, plain and simply hate it. I like the new GMC/Chev one though. Good thing you're not driving it!

fiveoboy01
11-07-2007, 10:02 PM
I really do hate it too.

I just can't get used to the UGLY headlights.

It's not so much the grill, or hood, or bumper, that all looks fine.

It's the UGLY ASS headlights.

Oh well maybe I'll get used to looking at them, I guess I better!

LawnBoy89
11-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Well it makes sense to me now, I have two trucks right now too which is a complete waste of money but its nice knowing you have a truck incase the other one doesn't want to work one day for some reason even though one truck is fairly new and one is new. I'm considering trading in both trucks for one identical to yours with the last year of the 6.0 diesel. Not only do they have to work out the kinds in the 6.4's but also I don't want that front end.

TXNSLighting
11-09-2007, 09:32 AM
so your goin to buy an 07? seems to be a great year for the 6.0.