PDA

View Full Version : how did you get started?

kreft
11-06-2007, 08:42 PM
How about we share some stories about how we got started in the buisness.

I know that my dad got me hooked on heavy equipment whhen he took me into work.

I'm 15 and can't wait to get into the buisness.

how' about you guys?

SiteSolutions
11-06-2007, 09:48 PM
When the Navy and college both didn't pan out, and working under flourescent tubes became intolerable, I got my CDL and was going to set out across the country, but applied at a construction firm where I knew the owners. They hired me and I got a taste for it. Loved the work, hated the pay, decided I would have to get my own show.

It's taken me ten years to get on my own and I am probably going to lose it all this winter but it sure beats working for the man.

bobcat_ron
11-06-2007, 10:04 PM
My Dad started up the Family business in 1986 with a JD 350 Loader/Backhoe and a small 410 Bobcat, he put my brother out on his own in '99 and myself in '03.
I started playing with the Bobcats when I was 13, and the excavators when I was 15, my brother same too. Now his 2 sons (ages 3 + 6) are really taking an interest in it now.

Blyth
11-08-2007, 12:29 PM
For me.. this is a good thread. I am looking to go out on my own. I hope to get a lot of information from this site. YellowDogSVC clued me into this site and has answered any question that I have had for him. I do hope that his support continues as I am sure I will end up hounding the dog out of him before it is all said and done.