PDA

View Full Version : Intercom: "More water to the desert please!"

hoskm01
11-07-2007, 10:47 AM
In the middle of a nationwide drought, towns turning off water during the day, and the hottest summer on record here, a new water park resort was just passed to be built here in the Phoenix area. This is obviously the best place for it, it is almost mid November and it was 94 yesterday (a record). But what about the water? Evaporation is one of the worst wasters of water; why do we water at 4am in the summer so irrigation goes down instead of up? Just another draw on our seemingly "endless" supply of water here in one of the driest places in the country.

This place should be awesome though!!! Lots of fun, though Ill be out of here before its done, hopefully.

Anyone looking for some pipe fitting/plumbing/irrigation jobs, Ive got a project for you!

Waveyard (http://www.waveyard.com)

Get ready for Waveyard, the first adventure super-park and adrenaline cocktail that will deliver the adventure sports lifestyle on a scale you never dreamed possible. Step out of rush hour into the ultimate rush, Waveyard will open new chapter on family entertainment and residential living. It will be a place to belong while fueling your passions.

Through a series of break-through technologies, we will unveil a diverse range of life-enhancing experiences including surfing, white water rafting, kayaking, scuba diving, snorkeling, standing wave surfing, wakeboarding, boogie boarding, climbing, canyoneering, zip lines, an action river, board sports training, a massive sand beach, concerts, world class competitions, volleyball, an indoor water park, special events, and much, much more.

Your daydreams are about to come to life.

Waveyard will also be home to a resort hotel, resort villas, a conference center, a spa and wellness center, an amphitheater, numerous restaurants, a surf shop and paddle sports store, entertainment retail, office space, and several unique residential opportunities.

Kiril
11-07-2007, 10:52 AM
water parks = stupid

DanaMac
11-07-2007, 05:10 PM
We're getting one as well, and maybe a second one. Great for the kids now, bad for the kids in the future when water is all gone. Or an empty park/building because they had to close it due to no water. :dizzy:

hoskm01
11-07-2007, 06:07 PM
We're getting one as well, and maybe a second one. Great for the kids now, bad for the kids in the future when water is all gone. Or an empty park/building because they had to close it due to no water. :dizzy:
Yall can use it there about what, 3 months/year?

DanaMac
11-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Yall can use it there about what, 3 months/year?

I think one is going to be indoor, attached or close to a new hotel. But the ones in Denver open around mid to late May, and close sometime after Labor Day. It does boggle the mind, doesn't it.

jerryrwm
11-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Come on up to Wisconsin Dells where the water parks are open year round.

http://www.wisdells.com/WisconsinDellsWaterParks/indoorwaterparks.cfm

zman9119
11-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Come on up to Wisconsin Dells where the water parks are open year round.

http://www.wisdells.com/WisconsinDellsWaterParks/indoorwaterparks.cfm

plus, you have former Illinois Gov. George Ryan, who reported to Federal prison this morning in Oxford, WI.

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Great natural water park (spring fed) that Jerry will know is Scleitterbahn (spelling?) in New Braunsfel, Tx. Personally if I was dictator for a day all water parks would be shut down.

YardPro
11-07-2007, 08:43 PM
krill and fimco....

you guys have forgotten what it is like to be a kid??? Water parks are great fun for children.

As for water shortages, It does not make sense why all coastal areas do not desalinate water...... this would make a HUGE difference in the water usage as a lot of LARGE cities are next to oceans..

CAPT Stream Rotar
11-07-2007, 08:51 PM
krill and fimco....

you guys have forgotten what it is like to be a kid??? Water parks are great fun for children.

As for water shortages, It does not make sense why all coastal areas do not desalinate water...... this would make a HUGE difference in the water usage as a lot of LARGE cities are next to oceans..

On many installs this year I've noticed the saline pools..pretty nifty and efficient....

YardPro
11-07-2007, 09:19 PM
LOL,
yea, they are cool. we do about $125K/year in pool maintenance so i am all about the saline pools, but the salt is only there for chlorine generation.

I was talking about taking salt water and turning it into drinking water.

many places like grand caymans desalinate 100% of their water supply.

zman9119
11-07-2007, 09:35 PM

The main thing that is holding back these areas from building these treatment plants is the huge cost of building and operating them. The other issue is the length and depth that the intakes must be at due to polluted coastal waters.

.mz

CAPT Stream Rotar
11-07-2007, 09:36 PM
LOL,
yea, they are cool. we do about $125K/year in pool maintenance so i am all about the saline pools, but the salt is only there for chlorine generation.

I was talking about taking salt water and turning it into drinking water.

many places like grand caymans desalinate 100% of their water supply.

I wonder what that water tastes like.

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-07-2007, 11:04 PM

We drank bottled water when we went scuba diving in the Caymans.

hoskm01
11-07-2007, 11:08 PM
Ever had tap out of an R/O system, it tastes about like that, delicious. Desalinization is just one big R/O system.