PDA

View Full Version : How much to charge for gutter cleaning?

iamthelawnbarber
11-07-2007, 09:47 AM
I have a lawn client that needs her gutters cleaned out. She has many pine trees and a lot of needles falling, along with leaves from Maples. She has a 2 story house and a very tall barn. How do you charge for that? I've never done that before for a client, so don't have any idea what to charge her. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

loom-gen
11-07-2007, 09:52 PM
using a 2500 lb pressure washer with changable tips, and treating every gutter system like its the worst case. Figure the machine will blow out 8' to 10' for every ten minutes. this time includes loading and unloading, moving the ladder, blasting down spouts, and cleaning the facia. charge $60.00 an hour. for example 120' of gutter would be about 2 hours or $120.00. If you can walk and blow this would then reduce the price greatly. This will very with your technique and confidence on the ladder, but it works for me very well.

baddboygeorge
11-07-2007, 09:53 PM
that house would be about $125 depending if I can clean from the roof or by ladder , that barn would be the same or more depending on access an height i am working against! thanks George

MJS
11-08-2007, 12:45 PM
I have only done this work a handful of times, but I usually charge at least $1 per foot of gutter to wash it out. I can't imagine what I would charge if I had to do it by hand.