PDA

View Full Version : Abused or not?

tallrick
11-07-2007, 05:09 PM
I have encountered someone with an 853 Bobcat that has blown the engine. Seems like it broke a rod. The machine has the proper oil level, so i was thinking that the machine has been abused in some way. After looking at youtube today I am wondering if something like this happened...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=haebSH8dlkA

It's a swimming pool company so you know they have the lowest quality labor. I have seen similar damage from "stunt drivers" operating the machines at 90 degree angles. It's an old machine, but this seems like a reasonable assumption. Any ideas?

2109 Stang
11-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Wow tallrick: I feel sorry for the machine ,If they were doing it on purpose just to prove how bad of opperators they are ,then they've got what they ask for, but chances are that the manchine is not theirs they just work for the company that owns it (talking about the video) Hey Rick how about this weather? I dont mind 78 degrees all day long.

bobcat_ron
11-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Even just going WOT with a dead cold engine on a cold day could pop a rod, but that's still abuse.

turboawd
11-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Even just going WOT with a dead cold engine on a cold day could pop a rod, but that's still abuse.

exactly, proper warm up will prolong engine life. nothing worse then full throttle on a cold motor.

in that video, i wonder if the operator got air in the hydraulic system and couldn't get back upright?? the arms were fully extended, which takes up a lot of the hydraulic fluid from the tank. also, being that the hydro tank is low and at a right angle, it's very possible to suck air.

SiteSolutions
11-07-2007, 11:31 PM
Or maybe he was all smooshed up against the seat bar because he is such a complete jackass that he didn't put on his seat belt? What an idiot. I would shoot someone for doing that to my loader.

tallrick
11-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Wow tallrick: I feel sorry for the machine ,If they were doing it on purpose just to prove how bad of opperators they are ,then they've got what they ask for, but chances are that the manchine is not theirs they just work for the company that owns it (talking about the video) Hey Rick how about this weather? I dont mind 78 degrees all day long.

You said it! The weather we are having is what I look forward to all year! I would do some pretty bad things to anyone who abused a machine I owned. After giving an estimate on what it would take to fix this machine, they may just decide to sell it for scrap. I have also found metal shavings in the hydraulic filter. For some reason machine abuse bothers me, it's just wrong.