PDA

View Full Version : Aerator loves pipe!

GrazerZ
11-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Ok,day i don't visit this board to much. But I had an awesome day yesterday doing blowouts. We could'nt figure out why some zones wern't blowing out right.Turns out that when we aerated the lawn a couple weeks prior the aerator hit two lateral lines that were about 2" down at most. I got a kick out of it since we lost the install to a local company who does this kind of thing all the time. We love to fix thier stuff. I took pics and if i can ever figure out how to post them I will. Do you guys run into this alot? its a first for me. I know I'm pretty green in irrigation but I would never do something like that. we are 10-14" down for our pipes. Never an issue.

irritation
11-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Yea, I see it every year but not on my installs. I also get holes in pipes from tree fertilization. I can usually repair both quickly with snap tees.

Wet_Boots
11-10-2007, 12:06 AM
I've left some shallow lines, when dodging roots or rocks, but they've escaped destruction for the most part. Most of the aerator damage I see are the heads themselves. Steel beats plastic.