PDA

View Full Version : banditos de las cabesas

loom-gen
11-10-2007, 12:27 AM
I have had some of my sprinkler heads stollen right out of the ground. 20 or so. Is this a common thing? Who does this crap?

WalkGood
11-10-2007, 12:58 AM
Brand new Expensive heads? Average heads? One property or all over?

Did you fire someone recently?

hoskm01
11-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Pretty rare, especially at that volume. Sounds like coincidence or a vindictive former employee or the like.

jerryrwm
11-10-2007, 09:44 AM
Or a cheep bastid neighbor putting in a new system.

CAPT Stream Rotar
11-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Or a cheep bastid neighbor putting in a new system.

That is what i was going to say..

Ronnie my partner told me a story back in the mid 80's one guy refused to pay his bill..for 8 months he went back and forth to court...It never go anywhere..
so Ronnie took out the manifold,all heads and washed his hands of it.

hehe

hoskm01
11-10-2007, 10:47 AM
That is what i was going to say..

Ronnie my partner told me a story back in the mid 80's one guy refused to pay his bill..for 8 months he went back and forth to court...It never go anywhere..
so Ronnie took out the manifold,all heads and washed his hands of it.

hehe
Makes perfect sense... They are still my parts until you pay, im taking them back. Amen!

CAPT Stream Rotar
11-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Makes perfect sense... They are still my parts until you pay, im taking them back. Amen!

Praise das lord.

jerryrwm
11-10-2007, 11:24 AM
You gotta be careful taking something out something that you have already installed on the client's property. The law allows them to get you for destruction of property, vandalism, trespassing, etc., regardless of the fact that they haven't paid for it. Kinda like a repo man...it's fine if you get away with the car, but you're in deep crap if you get caught doing it.

Just be prepaired to file merchants and mechanics leins on the property and do it within the time contraints for filing.

hoskm01
11-10-2007, 11:30 AM
You gotta be careful taking something out something that you have already installed on the client's property. The law allows them to get you for destruction of property, vandalism, trespassing, etc., regardless of the fact that they haven't paid for it. Kinda like a repo man...it's fine if you get away with the car, but you're in deep crap if you get caught doing it.

Just be prepaired to file merchants and mechanics leins on the property and do it within the time contraints for filing.
Must be a sconsin thing... Youre not trespassing unless the owner asks you to leave and you refuse. How can I damage your property if you dont own it?

Repo companies have duties to uphold, like notifying the local police that they are taking the car, but... They are acting on the actual "owner" of the car and have every right to take it. Not paying your car bill in AZ is a crime by itself, regardless of repossession.

jerryrwm
11-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Must be a sconsin thing... Youre not trespassing unless the owner asks you to leave and you refuse. How can I damage your property if you dont own it?

Repo companies have duties to uphold, like notifying the local police that they are taking the car, but... They are acting on the actual "owner" of the car and have every right to take it. Not paying your car bill in AZ is a crime by itself, regardless of repossession.No, it is not a sconsin thing. You are not damaging the property that they don't own - sprinkler parts, but the lawn, landscape, and other parts of the clients property such as the building if you mounted the controller, etc. But, local laws may vary. I'd still check into the facts with the local authorities before acting.

irrig8r
11-10-2007, 01:19 PM
I had a friend who used to fill water balloons with Roundup and throw them at the lawn where customers didn't pay... but that seems pretty extreme.

Back to the original question... I ran into a guy (hired as a day laborer about 10 years ago through Labor Ready) that used to work for a big name landscaper in town and swears they used to go and steal head assemblies from newly installed competitor's jobs on the weekend (before plants were installed.)

He also said there was this pile of compost that would move from job to job with very little being actually used...

CAPT Stream Rotar
11-10-2007, 01:31 PM
thats pretty dirty...