PDA

View Full Version : Testing

jblawns123
11-10-2007, 08:22 PM
A wall stairs we did

Petr51488
11-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Looks nice! But i had one question. Wouldn't those rocks at the bottom go into the drain you have there?

shane mapes
11-10-2007, 10:40 PM
those stairs look really good . the site looks nice and clean .. your place or a customers...

THRIFTY
11-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Looks nice! But i had one question. Wouldn't those rocks at the bottom go into the drain you have there?

What he said...

02DURAMAX
11-23-2007, 05:06 AM
Not to bash you but that looks ugly..

thomsoutdoor
11-23-2007, 09:04 AM
I think it looks pretty nice.

PORTER 05
11-23-2007, 04:03 PM
looks pritty good to be 2!!!!!

02DURAMAX
11-24-2007, 02:47 AM
The wall looks nice...I just don't like ends of the caps on the stairs..

Runner
11-24-2007, 02:54 AM
I'm not keen on the way the lower wall butts up against the foundation wall, either. But other than that,...nice job.

hoskm01
11-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Maybe some practice on your cuts?

jblawns123
12-18-2007, 10:04 AM
This job was done 3 years ago, the cuts against the foundation are perfect and it sits and is secured to the foundation. The shadows from the rounded block give it the illusion of space there. If there was space there the backfill would be washing through.

And since there is no gravle in the drain I would say no, it doesn't go into the drain. The drain cap has smaller holes on the sides that allow the water to drain into, which is smaller than the gravel.

I did nothing for prep to take picture, just showed up and snapped a shot and left.

It was a problem solver wall, made the best of what we could. It usead to be a driveway from right going down to the left of the pic into and old garage under the house, they removed the garage and framed in a door for living space downstairs. There was much rot from water when I showed up, all the water was going right into the basement.

Dry as can be now.

Jusmowin
12-18-2007, 10:53 AM
I like the way it came out . As for the cuts, dont you have to allow for expansion,heaving and even drainage from top to bottom. So give them some slack you do very nice work.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
12-18-2007, 11:56 AM
sorry boss, but i don't by the perfect cuts deal. You can see where you used trapazoid caps and they were not rounded to the block. Not to mention, there is at least a one inch gap at the top. You can say shadows on the blocks that are full faced next to the wall, but the cut blocks will have a flat face, thus not showing a shadow. As far as appearence goes, i would never us a beveld face block. It just looks like a Home Depot Special. I am not trying to be mean about this, but you will find that the guys on this site and others that do a lot of hardscaping will be much more critical than your grass munchers.

New Heights
12-18-2007, 02:38 PM
What kind of wall stone did you use?

jblawns123
01-19-2008, 10:59 AM
Also wanted to add, this was a rescue job... The day I showed up to this there were 3 pallets of the smaller wall block (used on the upper tier) and one of the walls were built with this too small of size by the homeowner...

So basically I was hired after they weren't able to complete the job themselves, After a fight about the blocks being the wrong size for their application, we went with what you see in the pic..

Wouldn't have been my first choice either, These blocks are too industrial looking, I like more of a blended natural wall block.

There is no doubt the cuts on the left of the stairs could have been better, but this job was not bid, it was on a man hour basis and this was good enough for them.

I will see if I can dig up another pic I have of a good sized wall, I liked those blocks better....

jblawns123
01-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Here, I found a pic of the site when I first showed up

jblawns123
01-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Here is a wall we did, better looking blocks IMO