PDA

View Full Version : bobcat_ron will like this

cat2
11-11-2007, 08:38 PM
How can this be true????????

Over an eight-hour day, the Deere 317 can move 168 more tons of material than the best-known skid steer. Thatís
about a dozen more truckloads. Even if you donít run a skid steer all day long, itís easy to see you get a pile of added
productivity for your money. Run the numbers and youíll run with Deere

And no I did not type this I got it off a worksite journal

Digdeep
11-11-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm assuming that it was run against other skids with 1,750lb ROCs. I'd also say it's another typical good job by Deere's marketing department. So they're basically saying that the 317 will move approximately 211 more bucket loads than the next best skid steer in 8 hours. Well, like I said good marketing. Since the machine isn't two speed and I'd have to assume the material was moved the same distance I guess it would have to be faster loader cycle times, but I have a hard time seeing that big of a difference.

bobcat_ron
11-11-2007, 09:52 PM
I read that BS too, I get that same worksite journal, it helps when I'm sitting on the crapper and I need something to really sh*t myself silly!

I moved 12 times that in 2 days with my dumping hopper, look at it in the thread "the last big job I did".

Any skidsteer can do that, it's all in the bucket size.

cat2
11-11-2007, 10:02 PM
I read that BS too, I get that same worksite journal, it helps when I'm sitting on the crapper and I need something to really sh*t myself silly!

I moved 12 times that in 2 days with my dumping hopper, look at it in the thread "the last big job I did".

Any skidsteer can do that, it's all in the bucket size.

:laugh: Can deere get in trouble for this? isn't it false advertisement or something.:confused: They shouldn't be able to say that if it isn't true

Tigerotor77W
11-11-2007, 11:51 PM
They can back it up somehow. They don't have to (and obviously didn't) publish the specs of the machines they tested, so that could be the culprit right there.

Then again... Deere does have a competent product.

SiteSolutions
11-12-2007, 01:33 AM
Maybe they were just going on stock / standard bucket size? Seems like all the Deere machines I have seen run a larger bucket on them, but then again, I don't run around town with a tape measure checking out machines...

bobcat_ron
11-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Their buckets just look larger, they are almost 8 inches longer from front of the cutting edge to the rear. That's what gives them better bucket break out forces, more leverage with a longer bucket and a different roll back angle.

SiteSolutions
11-12-2007, 09:47 AM
No, I meant they look wider.

And a longer bucket would have less breakout force. It's not just like having a longer lever, you have to consider where the fulcrum is in that equation...

As an example: is it easier to hold a car battery up close to your chest, or all the way away from yourself with arms extended straight out? That's the analogy you are looking at with buckets and breakout force.

ksss
11-12-2007, 07:26 PM
I think the ad actually says "best known skid steer" which I would assume would be Bobcat. If the 317 has a ROC of 1750 than I would assume if Deere was fair that they would have run it up against a S175. The 175 is underpowered but even as pathetic as that machine is I doubt you would move that much more material with a 317. The fact that there is no fine print outlining how the numbers were obtained, they could have run it up against a 553 or whatever the number is on Bobcats real small machines.

We have beat this horse already but the long lip buckets reduce breakout not multiply it. Deere's breakout numbers I think are theoretical not real world.

Why doesn't someone contact Deere marketing and see if we can get the specifics of how the tests were conducted and what competetive machine was used. I would atleast like to here what they say exactly when they tell the caller to pack sand. If they play along lets also ask how their breakout tests are performed. Can't hurt to ask.

cat2
11-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Its in the worksite journal of winter 2007 at the very bottom. The best known skid steer would be bobcat it has to be. What the heck did the guy in the bobcat do go half throttle or something?

bobcat_ron
11-12-2007, 07:34 PM
I'll bet the bugger was paid to do a bad job.

P.Services
11-12-2007, 07:36 PM
they have tons of ads like this, i have seen them for all of their equipment.

cat2
11-12-2007, 07:41 PM
I'll bet the bugger was paid to do a bad job.

We should ALL email them and say we want proof. I'll tell them to bring a 317 out and I'll run up against it with my bobcat s-160 and I bet I will keep right up. Wonder what kind of material they were moving

bobcat_ron
11-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Maybe it was poop, that's why the Bobcat operator didn't move fast!

cat2
11-12-2007, 07:49 PM
There is no way. Think about it. The bobcat has a faster travel speed, faster cycle times. I think. Because I have a john deere 317 and bobcat s-160 and I drag raced them in the barn and the bobcat won.:) Like you couldn't figured that out:dizzy: :hammerhead:

Fieldman12
11-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Now, Now, guys dont forget nothing Runs like a Deere!!! with a Bobcat on its a**.

bobcat_ron
11-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Close, more like;

"NOTHING RUNS LIKE A DEERE, WHEN CHASED BY A BOBCAT."

Fieldman12
11-12-2007, 09:23 PM
All brands do thits stuff though somewhat in there literature. I can remember when I was looking at skid loaders. The local Bobcat dealer was saying all kinds of stuff about how Bobcat was so much better than, Deere, Case, New Holland and so on.

cat2
11-12-2007, 09:28 PM
All brands do thits stuff though somewhat in there literature. I can remember when I was looking at skid loaders. The local Bobcat dealer was saying all kinds of stuff about how Bobcat was so much better than, Deere, Case, New Holland and so on.

Well duh bobcat is better than all the other brands. O thats right how would you no that you have a john deere:laugh: :laugh:

cat2
11-12-2007, 09:29 PM
I'm just messing with you. All brands break at some point. Its just what brand you get use too:)

Fieldman12
11-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Just remember Sold..Stable..Still John Deere , notta a Doosan ... I like bobcat

cat2
11-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Yea. Like I said before I have a bobcat and John Deere. I'm going to run them both until 3,000 hours then trade them in. Whatever one I like the best I will stick with that brand, so you never no down the road I may have only JD So far the john deere has been good

Fieldman12
11-12-2007, 11:17 PM
I like just about all brands out there. All have good points and bad points. Everyones situation that they use the machine in is different also. What ever works for you is best.