PDA

View Full Version : Verifying Equip???

tthomass
11-12-2007, 06:25 PM
How can you verify a piece of equipment? I'm looking at a Bobcat that is in MT and I am in VA. I don't want to drive/fly to look at it and also dno't want to send money up front.

Serial #? VIN #?

This way I can see that yes they do have the item and perhaps any issues that particular unit may have or even if it is stolen since I do not know the person.

Thanks!

bobcat_ron
11-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Ask for a pic of the VIN, located on the side of the cab, a black decal with a bar code and a bunch of numbers.

ksss
11-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Pay me and I'll go up and look at it and run it if you like. It is a Bobcat and I cant help that but it may be worth it to lay eyes on it and run it.

kreft
11-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Just out of curasity, what size bobcat? And why are you getting another bobcat, don't you already have a t-190?

ksss
11-12-2007, 08:12 PM
As a side note I will be going to Billings around Thanksgiving. Should the machine be on the way from Idaho to Billings I would do it for free. If you could wait that long. Where in Montana is it.

Construct'O
11-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Locate a dealers and have there mechanic go inspect the machine for you.Have him check the numders out also.Would be cheaper then trip i would think.

Sounds like you already have a volunteer !Good luck

YellowDogSVC
11-12-2007, 08:46 PM
yeah, ask the local dealer to do a service call. If you have a relationship with your dealer, have them call them and bill you or they may want you pay to pay by credit card but they should do it and check it over too..

RockSet N' Grade
11-12-2007, 09:45 PM
I'd rather pay Ksss to go take a look at it and use his steel toed boots to do some real tire kicking.......I'm thinkin' he would give you a better feel for the machine than some sales/service guy who doesn't give two cents about you.....that's one heck of an offer and I would grab it.

cddva
11-13-2007, 12:35 PM
TThomas, I'd be curious to know what Bobcat you're looking at just from the standpoint that I have found there are independent equipment dealers around who sell various equipment and don't seem to come up on the radar when you search for local equipment dealers. If you're looking at a mini-track loader you might check out this website: http://www.jalavoie-equip.com/skid_steers.htm. He also has a backhoe attachment since you indicated some interest in one a while back. He is close enough for you to be able to check it out firsthand..........or, take KSSS up on his offer! Good luck.

YellowDogSVC
11-13-2007, 09:06 PM
oops, didn't see ksss offer. Hope I didn't step on his toes by suggesting someone else

tthomass
11-15-2007, 08:17 AM
I think the guy is a scammer.......haven't heard back from him. I've run into a couple of scammers before when eyeballing different equip.

Thanks for the offers, really appreciate it.