smcunningham
11-13-2007, 01:28 AM
Coming home I encountered this;

smcunningham
11-13-2007, 01:30 AM
I was not in the accident

Tim03
11-13-2007, 02:12 AM
Wow, that full sized SUV took a lot of damage. That other car must be a mini van then, I doubt any car could have done that type of damage without being pretty much smashed to bits.

newz7151
11-13-2007, 10:17 AM
Nasty head-on. The driver of the smaller vehicle (with the windshield busted out) likely died from being thrown through that windshield.

DBL
11-13-2007, 10:26 AM
looks like some face plants driving a tow truck you see a lot more but thats a pretty good one you saw there

LawnBoy89
11-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Nasty head-on. The driver of the smaller vehicle (with the windshield busted out) likely died from being thrown through that windshield.

Wow yea that is exactly what it looks like that hole in the windsheild. There was an accident where a tractor trailer crossed the highway barrier a week ago in my dads section of the state (hes a district manager for the DOT) he called me up and said "CJ, I've been working on the state for 23 years and I have never seen anything like this."

There are some bad accidents some of the kids my age don't realize it they drive around in there little hondas that probably weigh less then my mower without their seatbelts on one day they are going to get hit and learn their lesson.

TXNSLighting
11-13-2007, 11:03 AM
do you know if there were deaths for sure?

jimmyburg
11-13-2007, 11:51 AM
I bet they were on the cell phone and not paying attention?

DoetschOutdoor
11-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Dang, you would think that Tahoe would have held up better...The minivan windshield almost looks pulled back, or somone went flying through there becase they were too lazy to buckle up.

LawnTamer
11-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Looks like the Tahoe did what it was supposed to do. The front absorbed nearly all the energy of the impact, while the passenger area looks to be in tact. I bet the driver came away with nothing more than a broken ankle while the other passengers probably walked away.

perfectpasslawns
11-13-2007, 01:21 PM
that suburban got crunched

Budget
11-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Do you know who is at fault? Dam look at the roof on the Tahoe! Hope all are ok.

smcunningham
11-13-2007, 06:50 PM
I remember reading in the paper the next day and don't think there were any deaths...Not 100% for sure though.

kreft
11-13-2007, 07:26 PM
What road was that on?

RedMax Man
11-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Those were both Chevy vehicles. Thats a nasty looking crash. I wonder how fast the they were both traveling.

ch973934
11-13-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm an EMT and I'm gonna go out on a whim here and say there had to be at least one serious injury there, by pure mechanism that's a trip to a trauma room. Only been doing it for 6 months but everybody needs to slow down and where helmet!

I love the idiots who stop in the middle of the road too when emergency vehicles come up behind them...we don't light the things up like Christmas trees and have sirens cause they look and sound pretty! :hammerhead: :realmad:

deere615
11-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Wow that tahoe took a beating.

TXNSLighting
11-13-2007, 10:35 PM
that looks like a dodge mini van. maybe a ford.

ljrce
11-14-2007, 08:40 AM
blue one is a dpdge minivan as of what i can tell

HBLandscaping
11-14-2007, 07:21 PM
13 Yrs in the Fire Dept and I have seen to many of these accidents. I havent heard or seen anything on this accident but if you look close at the front of each car there is orange paint on the road. This is done by the PD in accidents were either a fatality happend or in which a fatality is more then likely to happen (later on).

There may have been someone thrown from the car (which maybe more then likely)by the looks of the window or it could of been pulled/cut by the FD to gain access to the patient (in this case poor job by the FD , * the window should be taken 100% out).

ch973934 - If I was the first arriving OIC, From what I can tell from the pictures I would of called atleast both drivers a Priority 2 truma by mechanism (* Maryland EMS term). and had the MD state Police medivac on the way. If anyone else would of been in the cars I would probly call them Pri 2 truma's (by Mechanism) also unless they showed me other wise.

Anyways, Like all of you I hate to see these. Hope everyone involved truned out to be OK.

ch973934
11-16-2007, 12:34 AM
HB- Agreed on the MD SP helo. We don't work with them really (I'm with a private contractor. 911 in 2 cities, 2 towns and only one of the towns is questionable at best for calling for chopper). Only time we see them is at the hospital. One city has a level 1 and a 2, and the other city has a 2. Some people have said in 13 years they (the company) have called for one once and cancelled it because they ground transported. (So I've heard from the grapevine, not confirmed.)

I'm in school now working p/t during the year, f/t during the summer while handling some lawns. Always wanted to be a firemedic and love landscaping, just gotta have 'em.

Stay safe,

CH

South Florida Lawns
11-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Looks like the Tahoe did what it was supposed to do. The front absorbed nearly all the energy of the impact, while the passenger area looks to be in tact. I bet the driver came away with nothing more than a broken ankle while the other passengers probably walked away.

Yep you are right on that one they are designed to transfer the impact and crumple in the zones all over the front end.

DBL
11-18-2007, 04:48 PM
this one happened in the next county over a few weeks back...we towed it second hand for a scrap guy after ins released it...other tow company emailed me the night shots

mustang was racing another car....double fatal

deere615
11-18-2007, 06:58 PM
this one happened in the next county over a few weeks back...we towed it second hand for a scrap guy after ins released it...other tow company emailed me the night shots

mustang was racing another car....double fatal

That mustang is smashed!

DoetschOutdoor
11-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Cobra mustang vs 4 door yota or whatever that is...bet that guy had alot to prove:rolleyes:

RedMax Man
11-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Thats sad and shameful, I don't think i've seen it worse.