PDA

View Full Version : christmas decor

Willis120
11-14-2007, 10:33 AM
Hey does anyone do christmas decorating? I am doing it for the first time this year and have no clue how much to charge for it. Lights, garland, probably taking down christmas things from the attic...Just wondering, thanks

Pro-Scapes
11-14-2007, 11:55 AM
how long does it take you and whats your labor rate ? A major mistake is charging based off what the other guy charges. Your overhead might be higher or lower.

http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129

Willis120
11-14-2007, 03:54 PM
over the winter i only keep one guy on at 10 hr. And I am not sure how long it will take, just had a few job offers for it.

Pro-Scapes
11-14-2007, 04:33 PM
then price it to where you will make money. I would rather sell them new stuff than sit there and untangle/test/curse at some homeowner quality stuff. Dont you have taxes ? insurance ? office overhead to figure in?

Also if your not insured for it I would be careful doing it

David Gretzmier
11-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Do some searches and You'll see my pricing. It is what I have to have to make this worth while. Your insurance needs to be updated. we have had multiple falls the past 2 years. one guy went in the hospital and did rehab for 6 weeks. If your workman's comp is not aware you are on the roof, they ain't gonna pay. be careful.