PDA

View Full Version : My makeshift leaf setup

Signature Landscaping1
11-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Thrown together in about and hour.

N.H.BOY
11-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Hey were are you guys from Mass. getting those green cans? Redmax has them also and he tells me he got them from home depot? Is that true I can't find them up here in N.H. nice set up also. Can you get a better and closer shot of that blower on the trailer? Im doing that to mine and wanted to see how you did it. Also what size pipe going to the truck? thanks SCOTT

Captains Landscape
11-14-2007, 08:05 PM
Green cans from Lesco

DodgeTruckMan731
11-14-2007, 08:25 PM
That looks like it will clog like crazy

Chris

Signature Landscaping1
11-14-2007, 08:45 PM
I get those barrels from lesco. Suprisingly it has not clogged yet. I think i may have an upclose pic of the leaf vac on the trailer. I will get that hose diameter for you later on.

Signature Landscaping1
11-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Ill get better pics tomorrow.

jt5019
11-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Home depot here has the green barrels... near where all the bagged sand and fertilizers would be .

deere615
11-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Looks good as long as it works lol. If you don't mind me asking how much do those barrels run?

KS_Grasscutter
11-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Ok, I just gotta ask. WHAT is the deal with the green barrels!?!???!! Seems like every post on here with the barrels everyone is like "Dude, where did you find the green barrels?"

Signature Landscaping1
11-14-2007, 09:54 PM
I love the green barrels, they hold alot of debris!! They run about $30 at my local lesco store.

mkwl
11-14-2007, 10:01 PM
I love the green barrels, they hold alot of debris!! They run about $30 at my local lesco store.

I think I paid like $33 from Home Depot- I have like 6 of them and they're great for grass and leaves!

WALKER LANDSCAPE
11-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Its making you money that is all that matters. You could lengthen the tube coming out of the vac if worried about clogging. If it's not broke dont fix it thou.;)

Signature Landscaping1
11-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Its making me plenty of $$$.

WALKER LANDSCAPE
11-14-2007, 10:14 PM
That is great we are building a leaf box for our 6X10 dump trailer. Plus our F250 Ford. How is yours put together if you dont mind.

old oak lawn
11-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Ok, I just gotta ask. WHAT is the deal with the green barrels!?!???!! Seems like every post on here with the barrels everyone is like "Dude, where did you find the green barrels?"

I was thinking the same thing. if you want one with handles get a brute trash can.about $40 at Lowes but they only come in grey. sorry. oh and walmart has 5 gallon paint buckets/ good to keep one in the back of trucK for trash we pick up when mowing.they come in gray/white and GREEN.

Signature Landscaping1
11-14-2007, 10:23 PM
That is great we are building a leaf box for our 6X10 dump trailer. Plus our F250 Ford. How is yours put together if you dont mind.

I built a frame that fit into the 4 stake pockets in the bed. Then I basically just covered it in cheap osb plywood. I had put the new backrack and tool box in stupidly 2 days before i built the box, otherewise i would have had more space. But for now it holds plenty.

WALKER LANDSCAPE
11-14-2007, 10:25 PM
The OSB board hold up with getting wet. Did you paint it with KILZ.

Signature Landscaping1
11-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Yea the osb does hold up fine getting wet. I havent had a problem yet, plus its only about 5 bucks a sheet.

RedMax Man
11-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Thats apretty nifty leaf box. Did the hose with the handle come with the loader? if not where did that come from? Maybe i'm mixed up or something but i thought you made an announcement awhile back that you were either getting out or downsizing you landscape biz in order to focus your attention on a band that you were apart of. Am i right? Truck looks great and i like that Little Wonder blower you have too, i need one of them.

For the record i have 4 of those green barrels and got them from Home Depot. They were located where the trash cans are.

Captains Landscape
11-14-2007, 10:35 PM
lol....those green barrels are no "trash barrel" they hold around 60 Gal. I've run one of those over in my 1 ton and didn't break it. Take a look at one next time you see a Lesco.

Signature Landscaping1
11-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Thats apretty nifty leaf box. Did the hose with the handle come with the loader? if not where did that come from? Maybe i'm mixed up or something but i thought you made an announcement awhile back that you were either getting out or downsizing you landscape biz in order to focus your attention on a band that you were apart of. Am i right? Truck looks great and i like that Little Wonder blower you have too, i need one of them.

For the record i have 4 of those green barrels and got them from Home Depot. They were located where the trash cans are.

You are right, last year i got out of the biz sold off my truck, trailer etc. At the end of the summer I was in desperate need of cash flow again. I ended up aquiring about 25 accounts from a friend getting out of the biz. That hose and the handle came with the loader. It is an old Billy Goat with a kawi on it.

KS_Grasscutter
11-14-2007, 10:47 PM
Well, I guess I am gonna go to Home Depot tomorrow and buy me a fancy green barrel so i can fit in a little better around here :laugh: :laugh: .

Signature Landscaping1
11-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Green barrels are a must!

old oak lawn
11-14-2007, 11:02 PM
Well, I guess I am gonna go to Home Depot tomorrow and buy me a fancy green barrel so i can fit in a little better around here :laugh: :laugh: .

me 2. but i am going to get a -trash can- and paint it green. green is all that matters. - sorry i could not help it. back to the trend. if the setup works thats all it has to do is work. mount the loader to the truck later.

N.H.BOY
11-14-2007, 11:03 PM
:cry: Hey guys...just came from home depot (2 miles) in Tilton, n.h. and I did not find those damn green barrels:cry: Ilol be down in Nashua this weekend, maybe Ill check down there.

RedMax Man
11-14-2007, 11:39 PM
:cry: Hey guys...just came from home depot (2 miles) in Tilton, n.h. and I did not find those damn green barrels:cry: Ilol be down in Nashua this weekend, maybe Ill check down there.

Nashua should have them but i was trying to get some in the spring and stopped at a Home Depot in Salem NH and they didn't have them nor did the other store in MA but i think it was because it was spring and everyone was getting them so i don't really know.

Did you ever ask one of those really helpful employees:rolleyes: :laugh:

J&R Landscaping
11-15-2007, 10:32 AM
Time for a new open trailer! Looks good and profitable though.

Signature Landscaping1
11-15-2007, 03:01 PM
I do have a brand new carmate trailer.

Trhfire19
11-15-2007, 04:21 PM
What's the hose made out of going from the loader to the truck? Thanks, Tim

deere615
11-15-2007, 07:36 PM
Did you ever ask one of those really helpful employees
I guess I will have to ask because my HD never has them:laugh: If not I will stop at Lesco some time. LOL

ChampionLS
11-15-2007, 07:47 PM
That looks like Clog-City. The longer the discharge hose is horizontal, the more of a chance it will clog. When you stick your suction hose in a pile of leaves... the air movement stops. No air, no discharge air either. Everything in the discharge hose stops and gets stuck. Even worse, you have your unit lower than the truck.. The material must go up and forward.

Signature Landscaping1
11-15-2007, 08:52 PM
It has never clogged as i had stated before. I wasnt big into spending alot of dough on the leaf setup this year, it was kinda a last minute thing. The hose is made out of aluminum i believe.

LawnBoy89
11-16-2007, 03:04 PM
The reason they are so popular is because unlike a normal trash can they are lower and wider so when sitting on a trailer by itself it will not ti[ over like a normal one. They are also much thicker plastic. Very rarely can you find them at Home Depot, my friend spotted them there once but everytime I go I never seem them Lesco does sell them, probably much cheaper if you can fine them at Home Depot.

SpudsM15
11-16-2007, 08:02 PM
You should twist the loader so the intake is on the passenger side of the truck. This way the debris doesn't have to make a 90 degree turn into the loader... You can also pickup a discharge extention peice. Billygoat makes 12" extentions

SpudsM15
11-16-2007, 08:12 PM
This was mysetup 4 years ago. S-10 with homemade box. fit about 4-5yds.
I mounted the loader ontop of the trailer rails to get some extra height. 3 years ago I had a 12x6.5x5 dump trailer. I just threw a mesh tarp over it and access was very easy for me to jump in and pack the leaves in. Fit 15+ yds of leaves in there. Loader was mounted on the tonge just threaded 2 bolt holes on the front side and layed a angle iron for the wide v part of the tonge. Sorry no pics...
Now we have the loader mounted to the trailer in the similar way as in this pick and have a extention peice on the exhaust pipe to makeup for the higher dump body. I will take some pic's tommorrow.

deere615
11-16-2007, 10:42 PM
This was mysetup 4 years ago. S-10 with homemade box. fit about 4-5yds.
I mounted the loader ontop of the trailer rails to get some extra height. 3 years ago I had a 12x6.5x5 dump trailer. I just threw a mesh tarp over it and access was very easy for me to jump in and pack the leaves in. Fit 15+ yds of leaves in there. Loader was mounted on the tonge just threaded 2 bolt holes on the front side and layed a angle iron for the wide v part of the tonge. Sorry no pics...
Now we have the loader mounted to the trailer in the similar way as in this pick and have a extention peice on the exhaust pipe to makeup for the higher dump body. I will take some pic's tommorrow.

That was a preety good setup you had.