PDA

View Full Version : has any one used defiance tttf. comments here

grassman177
11-14-2007, 07:23 PM
i tried defiance fescue this year with the idea of introducing this aggressive rooting rhizomous fescue to help lawns recover from summer stress when we aerate lawns and overseed them. i did use some for total renovations with verticutting.

I found very mixed results with this blend and want feedback from anyone who uses or have tried this blend.

I found it did well on all aerate and overseed jobs to help fill in even with no artificial irrigation.

i found mixed reuslts when verticutting this in a bare area or lawn. It was about 50/50 on total take reguardless if it was irrigated well or natural rainfall. even my own fromt yd that i did on labor day is splochy.

i bare area seed at at rate of 8-10 lbs per 1000.

What are you alls thoughts on this here outcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dizzy:

grassman177
11-15-2007, 08:55 AM
anyone????????????????????????????/

RigglePLC
11-15-2007, 07:34 PM
Years ago I was not satisfied with Scotts tall fescue. I thought it had slow establishment and there were many bare spots.

TurfProSTL
11-15-2007, 11:52 PM
I think it might have been a moisture issue.....

The aeration holes stay damper longer and shade the seedlings in the heat of the day.

Your furrows from verti-cutting are extremely shallow, and unless watered CORRECTLY provide mixed results.

grassman177
11-16-2007, 06:08 PM
i know about that, theses are even properties with proper irrigation including my own front yd. i did notice that the germaination rate waslower than the mix i have used for years. maybe this is telling me somthing

DUSTYCEDAR
11-16-2007, 06:12 PM
any pics?????