PDA

View Full Version : Starting New Seal Coating Business

keywestwego
11-15-2007, 05:32 PM
New to the forum and I like what I've seen so far. Setting up a seal coating business for the spring and need to know what to start with (i.e. size of tank, manual or auto agitator/etc.)

I am in mountains of NC and if someone has a unit for sale close by, would be interested.

828-994-0140

Thanks and I look forward to reading more on this forum.

edit - you can't post an email address at the site. Thanks, Mike

nitro121
11-20-2007, 08:51 AM
about a month ago. I also went to pavementpro.com and asked for help. Of course...like with everything.....you can't do a good job unless you put 5 - 10 grand in to a new system. :laugh:

But honestly, I found a guy on the pavementpro site who I've emailed privately so everyone wouldn't jump down his back...and I'm going w/ this $1000 dollar starter system, just to see if I can break in to the business with it...or at least seal my 600+ foot driveway every 2 or 3 years. The quote I got was for $900 bucks to have someone seal my driveway, so either way I'm out a grand....might as well learn to do it myself. :clapping:

For the cheap system....you'll read all about it if you do a search on it (asphaltkingdom.com).....the guy I talk to used one for 3 years before buying a nice system. He just said, depending on the amount of work you do, that you'll have to replace the pump once or twice every season. That is around 300 bucks each time, but the system will work. Of course...according to the board....a professional wouldn't have that cheap equipment. :rolleyes:

Good luck....I'm going to order mine in like march. The asphaltkingdom guy is expensive...there is another company in Ohio I think that sells it for 1000.

Peace,
Gary

jeff simpson
12-24-2007, 02:56 PM
have been in the business for 15 years and am retiring. Have a lot of equipment and knowledge of the industry. Feel free to contact me if interested in an asset list or advice.

Jeff

jwlandscape/Lawncare
12-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Thinking of a small Driveway sealcoating businessalong with my Lawn care business.Any suggestions on where I should purchase bulk sealcaot? and aprox. cost of what I should charge for driveway...This would include doing the edge and cleaning before Sealcoating.
Thank you for all your imput.
JW

colawn
12-26-2007, 01:08 AM
I too am interested in getting into this. Same questions as above. What do you have for sale?

Nickdubya
01-05-2008, 10:42 PM
have been in the business for 15 years and am retiring. Have a lot of equipment and knowledge of the industry. Feel free to contact me if interested in an asset list or advice.

Jeff

Hey Jeff, give me a call if you have equipment for sale.

847-297-PAVE

bobcat1
01-13-2008, 02:33 PM
I had recently moved which caused me to get out of the buissness after six years, I started just like the rest, not knowing a thing. I have two pices of equipment that work well and are inexspensive, Im just looking to get rid of them. Contact me if interested.

keywestwego
01-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Bobcat1: What type of pieces do you have?

bobcat1
01-13-2008, 04:39 PM
I have a 218 gal. squeege machine that is suitable for long driveways and commercial lots. The other piece is a 1982 Grummans step van. This van has been completely redone from paint to engine to trans etc. It has a 550 gal tank mounted in the rear with a spray wand and spray bar. Like i mentioned earlier i moved and took a diff. job so i have no use for this equip. anymore. All equipment is ready for work. Not sure if pricing can be given out so u may call me 865 242 4062 Henry.