PDA

View Full Version : Easy Lawn Hydroseeders

Lugnut
11-15-2007, 10:29 PM
I took a good look at Easy Lawn hydroseeders this week at the Empire State Green Industry Show and was very impressed by these machines. Instead of the usual paddles agitating your material in the tank, there is a jet coming right from the pump to mix your slurry, resulting in a simpler design and many fewer moving parts to break down and give problems down the road. They are very reasonable priced too and I would suggest anyone who is in the market for a hydroseeder check these out. I would also like to hear from anyone who has one or has used one as to what your opinion on this machine is because I am considering purchasing one this spring or summer.

DUSTYCEDAR
11-15-2007, 10:40 PM
they make a nice machine as do many of the jet type machines out there
however they cant spray as heavy of mulch as the paddle machines.
u also need a huge amount of water to be efficient with the machine.
i have looked at many machines over the years and i found it was cheaper for me to sub it out as i dont want to buy a large truck to put the seeder on and water is also a problem for me to get a hold of.
i do most of my seeding with slice seeders and aerators and get great results.
for the areas i cant seed i sub it out and that is not very often.
look real hard at the numbers befor u buy a machine.

B. L. Landscaping
11-16-2007, 08:38 PM
I have looked at the easy lawns they look really nice I bought a turbo turf look at them also.

Lugnut
11-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Thanks for your opinions

Marcos
11-19-2007, 02:05 AM
Don't waste your money on hydroseeders that just use jets of water unless you're just going to hydroseed FLAT areas of ground.
'Jet' hydroseeders will not blow anything but paper, and you need mulch that has a decent % content of wood fiber when you're doing slopes, whether you have tackifier or not in your tank.

JB1
11-19-2007, 07:40 AM
theres a reason that they are are cheaper, your comparing a expedition to a pinto.

humble1
11-19-2007, 08:28 PM
The other thing w/ paper is it gets real hard. wood fiber seems to not act that way. I have a 750 gal jet machine. I wish i knew now what i knew then. I would have went with a smaller paddle machine instead of a 750 jet. You can put down more mulch. The more mulch the better the coverage, the less wash out. I disagree w/ the poster about if your only doing the flat area. You can add tactifier and a short strand fiber that will lock it in tight on the slopes. IF you need to wait a year and save a little more money to get into a paddle unit I would wait if i were you.