PDA

View Full Version : So I bought the CAT..............

bobcat_ron
11-16-2007, 05:52 PM
I signed the paper work and the deal is pending credit approval and the demo that will arrive on Monday.

Brand new 247 MTL with full EROPS, hydraulic coupler, beep beep horn, bucket leveling, attachment electrical harness and polycarbonate front window-$44,200.00, after taxes and trade and other numbers-$23,396.30.
I can't get a used machine for that price, no way in hell.

Monthly payments will be around $740'ish @4.65% interest rate, far less than the 60 month @ 4.9% interest $1000'ish that I was paying for the T190 ***AND*** the CAT warranty is 2 years (unlimited hours) on the machine and 1 year on the tracks or 1000 hours.

Thanks to all that posted in my thread and gave me something to think about, some of you that are reading this might think that the extra money I could have payed for a rigid frame CTL would be the money that I will blow on my undercarriage in the future, ***but this will not be a high hour per year machine*** merely a little tax write off for all the time spent working for Triple B excavating and to keep my small but trustworthy contingent of customers happier.

qps
11-16-2007, 06:02 PM
I signed the paper work and the deal is pending credit approval and the demo that will arrive on Monday.

Brand new 247 MTL with full EROPS, hydraulic coupler, beep beep horn, bucket leveling, attachment electrical harness and polycarbonate front window-$44,200.00, after taxes and trade and other numbers-$23,396.30.
I can't get a used machine for that price, no way in hell.

Monthly payments will be around $740'ish @4.65% interest rate, far less than the 60 month @ 4.9% interest $1000'ish that I was paying for the T190 ***AND*** the CAT warranty is 2 years (unlimited hours) on the machine and 1 year on the tracks or 1000 hours.

Thanks to all that posted in my thread and gave me something to think about, some of you that are reading this might think that the extra money I could have payed for a rigid frame CTL would be the money that I will blow on my undercarriage in the future, ***but this will not be a high hour per year machine*** merely a little tax write off for all the time spent working for Triple B excavating and to keep my small but trustworthy contingent of customers happier.

what's that in U.S. $

bobcat_ron
11-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Nope, Canadian dollars, unlike the weaker US Peso.

qps
11-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Nope, Canadian dollars, unlike the weaker US Peso.

Duh...I was asking a question on conversion.....:rolleyes:

NateV
11-16-2007, 06:36 PM
I think it is $24,057.89 if the internet conversion web site is right.

DUSTYCEDAR
11-16-2007, 07:16 PM
get us pics of the new iron

cat2
11-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Should have got a Deere:weightlifter:

B. L. Landscaping
11-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Sounds like a sweet machine I would like to get one soon.

bobcat_ron
11-16-2007, 09:46 PM
SH*T!

Now I gotta change my screen name too!!

But seriously though, the Deere was too wide and I just plain hate them, that's all.

cat2
11-16-2007, 10:10 PM
:laugh: i just said that because i no you hate deere:laugh:

bobcat_ron
11-16-2007, 11:19 PM
Now the trick is keeping this deal on the down low from the Local Bobcat dealer, last time this happened to my Dad in the early 90's, the owner found out what he had bought and he was told never ever to come back again, took some time before Dad actually got the nerve to start coming back, that was just plain UGLY.

Tigerotor77W
11-17-2007, 03:35 AM
Glad you went for it... hope it works well for you! Keep us posted (i.e. give us PICS! :) ).

BTW... was it a 247B2, 247B, or a 247?

Gravel Rat
11-17-2007, 04:22 AM
Isn't Surfwood still the only bobcat dealer in the Lowermainland ?

It is about time Finnings realized there is quite abit of small equipment sales.

bobcat_ron
11-17-2007, 11:05 AM
It's the 247B2, it was brought in at Finning when the Canadian Dollar was around 1.09, that's why I jumped the gun, the dollar is going back down again and the price would have increased.

Bobcat Country www.bobcatcountry.com is my local dealer, they serve anyone who's pissed off from SurfWood and they have gone as far as the BC Interior as well as sold skidsteers down as far as Vegas.

I know if they (mainly Dave Jr.) found out about this I would see an exact repeat of what happened when my Dad bought the little Mustang SSL 14 years ago, Dave Sr. flipped out and kicked my Dad off the property, if this happens to me, I'm really screwed as I've rented countless attachments off them and CAT rentals doesn't have near the work tools that Bobcat Country has.

But there is still the 3 magic words though;

Deal Pending Demonstration.

Fieldman12
11-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Bobcat_ron I think that would be a poor attitude on the dealers part if they told you to not come back. If a dealer told me that I would walk in the door all the time just to make them mad. I mean lets face it here you gave there equipment a chance and you just was not as happy with it to buy another and maybe there service was not so hot. I have yet to see a loader of any brand with the booms a little sprung one way or another. I have seen cracked welds before though. I go where ever I can get the best deal and often when I go in the door I tell them that I am also looking at the other brands. I feel it helps keep them more honest. For instance we will take my new Chevy truck. Ever dealer around seemed to be more than willing to get me a new truck but acted like they could not find me a regular cab 4x4 diesel with a duramax and also be able to get what I wanted out of my old truck. Well out of four or five Chevy dealerships the last one (in my home town) found the new truck I wanted in KY and gave me what I wanted on my trade in. They tried to sell me a more expensive regular cab than what I wanted and I said no way go get this one and bring it back. I did the same thing when I bought my new Dodge and also on farm equipment. I have yet to have a dealer tell me not to come back or not repair my stuff when needed. Often these dealers that will bend over backwards from now on I usually go back to first.

Fieldman12
11-17-2007, 11:17 AM
For some reason some dealers feel if they dont have it on the lot they will not look around at another dealer or in another state for you. I be honest I just tell them well if you cant find it someone else will. Im always fair though. I know what my trade in is worth and I know what the new one cost. I always do my research first.

bobcat_ron
11-17-2007, 01:25 PM
A lot of the 'newer" sales reps I have met seem hell bent on selling a new machine to someone even though the customer doesn't want new, it's all about the commision.
The older sales reps didn't mind looking around for an older used machine, they always knew that you will come back for the parts and later for a new machine when the time comes.

But in my case, a used machine was still more money, no warranty and less for the trade in, so the choice was clear.

Gravel Rat
11-17-2007, 04:23 PM
That is good to know that there is another dealer for bobcat in the Lowermainland area. There needs to be more Takeuchi dealers.

As for a dealer banning/booting you from the store is just poor customer relations. You would never see any other dealer do that.

I doubt you would have found a used CTL machine as they are just starting to get more popular in B.C.

Your lucky that you work in the Valley your close to Finning in the other parts of B.C. the resident Finning mechanics have been cut back. You want your Cat machine serviced you got to take it to Langley.

bobcat_ron
11-17-2007, 04:32 PM
And there was another bonus I forgot to mention, Bobcat Country sells and services Vermeer trenchers and chippers, Vermeer loves to use CAT engines, so I can get CAT filters (hopefully) cheaper from Bobcat Country rather than driving all the way to Langley.